It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man takes revenge on car dealership who sold him a 'Lemon'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm sure the car dealership got a lot of negative press on that story. If I heard that story about a local dealership it would be one I wouldn't forget.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I just hope that there is video somewhere of him doing it,

How much fun would THAT be to watch? hehe

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
moral of the story is, dont let your wife buy a car! (sorry ladies).
i dont know the laws in the usa, but here its 'buyer beware' or 'sold as seen'.
if you buy a # car, you cant really blame the guy who sold it to you.
edit on 22-7-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I see this all the time.

The real story is that this couple couldn't finance a loaf of bread.

Dealership busted butt and got some bogue-house finance company to do the deal on a dirt cheap car, at some outrageous interest rate and terms.

The couple, so happy just to get some kind of transportation and financing, jump on the car and the deal.

Next thing you know this financially impaired couple think they now can buy anything they want, and want to shop around for a better vehicle.

What did they think? They were going to get a brand new $30,000 car? They got what they qualified for. They qualified for a lemon, and they got one.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread731295/pg1#pid11874280]post by getreadyalready[/url
He hasn't accomplished anything, and now he is facing charges.
]

He accomplished everything. Intolerance to an outright fraud. I bet this left a little piece for thought to this dealer and others. Sorry my English. \\

cheers.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I see this all the time.

The real story is that this couple couldn't finance a loaf of bread.

Dealership busted butt and got some bogue-house finance company to do the deal on a dirt cheap car, at some outrageous interest rate and terms.

The couple, so happy just to get some kind of transportation and financing, jump on the car and the deal.

Next thing you know this financially impaired couple think they now can buy anything they want, and want to shop around for a better vehicle.

What did they think? They were going to get a brand new $30,000 car? They got what they qualified for. They qualified for a lemon, and they got one.

It was a $20,000.00 car... you could have bought a fully loaded brand new Ford Focus for that... so it had nothing to do with ability to finance.

I don't blame the guy.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

I re-read the story and it does not say the van he bought was sold for $20,000.

I stand by my original theory. The guy was credit impaired. A roach, a bogue, a rat.

edit on 24-7-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 second edit rule

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by zookey

That's quite a narrow view based on anti-Americanism you have shown there.

Go to any Country and you'll see the same sort of thing.
edit on 22-7-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

You see this MOSTLY in america, usually other countries deal with it more civally not by violence.

It is also the view that you publically promote outside America by your ACTIONS.

Sorry you feel threatned by not everybody blowing hot air up your jacksie.

edit on 22-7-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

That is bull and you know it. You are using words such as usually..... usually other countries deal with it more civilly? So what you are saying is in other countries if civility does not work, they resort to violence.

Wow, thats just like the US.... Silly :p

Now look, I agree, the US is not very well liked by most of the world. But the rest of the world OPINION, has nothing to do with how things really are....

Opinions are opinions, facts are facts.

You are spouting off opinions based on hatred.....

Now, if you think anyone feels threatened by your narrow minded views, then you are sorely mistaken.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I stand by my original theory. The guy was credit impaired. A roach, a bogue, a rat.

Wow...

Qualified for a lemon, so he got one

WHICH IS A VIOLATION OF THE LAW, A CRIMINAL ACT...

Which you whole heartedly endorse, promote, and then add insult to that family's character.

I have NO respect for you at all!
edit on 24-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This sounds like a simple case of this guy bargain hunting for an "AS IS," car? When one buys a vehicle with that label they accept the risks associated with it. Moreover, most dealers will allow for the customer to take the vehicle to their mechanic for a look over, or even get a CarFax. If they don't, then this guy should have hit the bricks.

The only one he took offense to was himself by this feeble attempt at revenge. Now he is charged with multiple felonies, will probably do time, and will most likely have to cover some of the damages as ordered by the court. It would have been much easier for him to consult an attorney or something if the dealership owner remained unwavering to his plight. Now, I am not defending car salesmen or dealerships, because I have dealt with them like most anyone.

They do some seedy and underhanded things to close a deal. Everyone knows that. These individuals will schmooze, use clever gimmicks, and play around with the numbers to persuade customers into buying a basket case. However, the customer can still walk away and no one is forcing them to sign anything. Car dealers are not the mafia or loan sharks. No one is strong arming anyone. This guy made a foolish mistake, and accomplished nothing. As some have said, the dealer's insurance will cover the loss, and he probable go to jail.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

This just reinforces the sleezeball car salesman stereotype.

In my opinion, the guy should have run over the sales-schmuck! That would be a good start to fixing the real problem with car dealerships!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join