It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEREO-B performs test roll looking for Comet Elenin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
According to Leonid Elenin's website, the STEREO-B solar observatory satellite performed a test roll preparatory to seeking out comet C/2010X-1 between midnight and 2.00 AM GMT. No images have posted yet, but I will add them to this thread when they do.

spaceobs.org...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Good work. I guess about a lot of people would like to see what's there. I would.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
this is great news i as i am sure many here (and elsewhere) have been anxious to see if NASA would accomodate his request, i suppose since we now relyon the russians for our space program a little manuever like this is token but thats a different disscusion...

Cant wait to see pics, i wonder if any newer images will be cause for new calculations in mass/speed/trajectory, probably not...

on another note...looks like elenin did it again...perhaps since c/2010 X1 set to begin its departure from our solar system soon, the new comet he has found (p/2011 NO1) will be the next topic of debate/discussion...omg what have i done...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
this is great news i as i am sure many here (and elsewhere) have been anxious to see if NASA would accomodate his request, i suppose since we now relyon the russians for our space program a little manuever like this is token but thats a different disscusion...

I was thinking along the same lines. It's quite a coincidence that NASA just ended the space shuttle program and almost immediately... this bit of news.
It does make one think.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
ahhh remember the old days when,,, if you said,,, that Comet Elenin/ or even C/2010X-1 was indeed real,, one was called a,,, fear mongering brain dead idiot amatuer not capable of clear thought and sane thinking?,,,ahhhhh yes,, its so nice too see nasa ,,task a Space Platform for something that didnt,,does not exist.
Even now there is Strong debate that Elenin,,, is a hoax/fake/nothing too see here.
What will it mean if they get picture's ,, i'll tell you,, someone will suggest "tampering",, and on it goes,,round and around,,,lol

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Nobody has ever claimed that Elenin doesn't exist. What they have said is that Elenin is a comet and nothing more and that those who claim otherwise are fearmongers.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I'm sure there would be a comet when ever the Shuttles were retired. You're drawing connections to things totally unrelated.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You seem very confused. I'm not sure we'd get a straight answer to a question of how many fingers you have if asked.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

No one except for the random thread here or there claiming that it didn't exist/was actually a brown dwarf/a government psyop/etc.

So yeah, now that you mention it...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Problem is they will be showing you Honda and not what they have been hiding in the ELENIN facade. We are facing a possible solar system gang bang and its not looking to fun.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Problem is they will be showing you Honda and not what they have been hiding in the ELENIN facade. We are facing a possible solar system gang bang and its not looking to fun.

What solar system gang-bang are we facing exactly?

Is there any proven pictures of "ELENIN" yet?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by DJW001

this is what i enjoy most about ATS.
the armchair theorist,..

always makes for interesting reading.
SOOO may people know exactly what is "Really" going on

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Nobody has ever claimed that Elenin doesn't exist. What they have said is that Elenin is a comet and nothing more and that those who claim otherwise are fearmongers.

Leonid ELENIN, The name maybe a coincidence but uncanny is fearmonging, full stop.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth

What solar system gang-bang are we facing exactly?

Is there any proven pictures of "ELENIN" yet?

yes there are many photos taken of c2010/X1, i guess you just have to be special to know how to find them...

as for the "gang-bang" there are 4 or 5 more comets/asteroids that are all "near-earth" around the same time (sept. / oct.)

new topics

top topics

join