It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News International, Hacking, and Common Purpose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
One thing that has struck me over the last week or so of the scandal is what role has that shadowy organisation Common Purpose played in the matter.

It's well known that the Police have huge numbers higher echelon officers who are members. Robert Peston of the BBC is a proud member of this organisation. How many other individuals connected to this scandal have links to Common Purpose? Is the scandal being manipulated to suit their ends, or is it an unraveling of their plans due to a miscalculation and an exposure of their darker intent?

I put this out there for comment and hope other ATS'ers can come up with some relevant comment.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Common Purpose is exploiting the News of the World hacking scandal to further its media control agenda through the Media Standards Trust:

stopcp.com...

The Leveson inquiry into phone hacking is a Common Purpose stitch-up.

edit on 23-7-2011 by stopcpdotcom because: Text added

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

I wonder - because stopcp.com doesn't make it at all clear - which individuals or organisations are active in stopcp? The first experience on visting the site is a request for money. Who does that money go to?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Wasn't Robert Peston being accused as being too close to the Murdoch empire?

‘Is the BBC's Robert Peston too close to Rupert Murdoch's man Will Lewis?’ This is the heading on the Daily Mail’s website, Mail Online, today on a story in which the middle-market tabloid says that at the height of the 2008 economic crisis, Robert Peston became known as the man who moved markets.

www.thedrum.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'm getting whiffs of UK Column here, perhaps the British Constitution Group even... maybe even TPUC....

Common Purpose is indeed a nasty organisation, guilty of brain-washing and providing a training ground for those interested in propagating Friedmanite socio-economic policies.

However, if any of you are associated with UK Column, the BCG or even TPUC - you should know all three organisations are associated with the far-right here in the UK, Christian fundamentalism, and of course, the EDL.

Know your enemies people, don't step out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The Revenant.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

I have to say UK Column is new to me, as are the other groups you mentioned. I would describe myself as an extreme moderate if pushed, non-aligned politically, with a mix of ideas taken from the left, right, and centre, but I hope nothing too much from the extremes (other than anti-smoking, I am something of a rabid anti-smoker, but I support smokers rights to have a ciggie, as long as they aren't waving it under my nose).

Anyway, going back to my original point, which side of the story do you think Common Purpose stand on the News International story? Are they pushing the investigations in an attempt to stifle media freedoms? Have they being caught as part of the conspiracy in that their members are the worst offenders? Or somewhere in-between? I posted a message to the BBC website asking if the BBC considered Robert Peston to be a suitable reporter on the matter given his involvement with the people involved on one side, and then Common Purpose on the other hand. My comment was removed without any real reason. It wasn't libelous, it was a genuine question as to impartiality, but that is too much for the BBC to cope with it would seem.

I hope this thread isn't going to be overrun by extreme commentary, I was hoping someone might have some genuine input and thoughts to the Common Purpose involvement.

join