It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering a mysterious aircraft my father & me saw.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This was about a year or two ago. I have never seen anything like it. It was like a plane but looked nothing like a plane. It had bat like wings and some big structure on top of it. I can't quite explain it. It just looked really weird! Has anyone here seen something like that? This is a serious thread, I'm not making it up.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Can you do a sketch and upload it somehow? It couldn't have been a shuttle atop an aeroplane could it? Like the picture below..

I remember some 30 years ago I remember watching Challenger fly over on the back of a Boeing 747, it flew out of Glasgow airport for some reason, probably publicity or something. It was an odd sight that from below gave the impression that the wings were very large and bat-like, but I was only about five or six at the time.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I too had a similar experience. A few years ago, my brother-in-law and I were sitting in the balcony of our apartment one day, late in the night. I usually like look at the starry sky when there are not too much city lights to mar the beautiful view. That day too I was looking at the sky now and then, in between our chats.

Then suddenly my eyes caught on a very faint star moving. I am used to seeing starts moving in the sky and I know that they could be satellites or other bodies orbiting the earth. But when I focused on this one, I realized that this was not just one start moving. Even though it was very faint, I could make out stars (rather lights) lined up in a V shape with a line of lights bisecting the V.

I immediately screamed to my brother-in-law to look up. He did, but by the time he eyes got adjusted to the darkness the craft/lights/whatever, which was travelling very fast, had already gone. The whole episode lasted around 15 – 20 seconds only.

Later some of my friends to whom I told this were of the opinion that it was my imagination or that it was only one moving star (which could then be a satellite). But I am damn sure of the shape of the lights and that it was not one moving star. If it was my mind playing tricks, well, I don’t know… But as I have not imagined things before or after this, I and sure it was not.

A crude paint brush drawing of the "craft" is given below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f8547d0a811.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies. It wasn't any thing like that. I mean it was like a flying box with wings lol.
I think I may of got part of it on video. I'll look through my tapes. It had some kind of covering over the top. It looked black or dark blue. I don't even remember it having any sound and I have never seen it since.

I will attempt at a drawing.
edit on 22-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

probably an ultralight they can look rather unairplane like.

edit on 22-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

It looked like that but still can't account for the box type thing. But that's the closest resemblance. Sure does look interesting. I read about some crashes. Looks dangerous.
edit on 22-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SambhavaamiYugeYuge

Looks similar to this famous UFO video:
www.youtube.com...

As for OP, no idea myself, couldn't find much in my (rubbish) aeroplane book. But I hope you get some answers, I'll ask some aviation enthusiasts if they've heard of such a plane.

new topics

top topics

join