It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't tells company to conceal info on radioactive tea leaves because of "public anxiety"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Gov't tells company to conceal info on radioactive tea leaves because of "public anxiety"

enenews.com

Shizuoka Prefecture told a Tokyo-based mail order company not to say anything on its website about excessive radioactive material being found in tea from the prefecture, the retailer said Friday.

After Radishbo-ya Co. made an inquiry to the Shizuoka Prefectural Government about the matter Monday, a prefectural official told the company not to disclose the finding due to fears the message would cause unwarranted harm to Shizuoka tea growers
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It is very much understandable that Japan wants to keep its economy afloat and that Japanese companies actively participate in a big campaign to conceal the truth about radioactive products. It's damage control; they don't want the world to boycott Japanese exports on a large scale.

I myself use a fair number of supplements that are made in Japan. Should I continue to order? I don't think so.

enenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I should think not...At least I wouldn't without proper testing.
On a side-note, I hate how these people are just out to save the money, not the people.
Guy 1: "Should we tell 'em their food/supplements/water is too radiated?"
Guy 2: "Nah, we'd lose money. Best to let them irradiate themselves."

join