It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch - A Parting Shot From Dennis Potter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi,

I thought this interview with Dennis Potter from 1994, just before he died, was very enlightening.

When groundbreaking television writer Dennis Potter learned he was dying of cancer, he sat down with Melvyn Bragg for a final interview. The subject of media mogul Rupert Murdoch came up.

www.youtube.com...

Dennis basically says if he could kill Rupert Murdoch, he would.

I wonder what you think of the video?

Regards.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
With Murdoch saying that 'This is the most humble day of his life' when sitting in front of the UK members, he is guilty as hell. We would have got the real suspects behind 9/11 instead of an unjust war if the media done its job instead of selling out.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Explanation: Dead men .. tell no lies!

Personal Disclosure: Sorry .. just punning around!

Seems Mr Potter isn't gone.. he lives FOREVER on the interwebs.

Parting shot???
.. Please dont make me link the this is sparta techno mix
. Over and Over and Over .. this ground been .. we have.
Yoda I channel.. creepy become it has.

May you not be FORCED to the darkside.. .anger and misery live there and they want your company.
And as if old rupert wasn't enuff bad company already!

It's the company one keeps .. in times of trouble .. that will keep one company when all else is failing.

Rupert and his company seems in freefall ... its that sudden impact we are all just waiting for now ... those sharp jagged terminal misadventures that leave a bloody mess that needs to be covered in newspapers because its all
just too unsightly and all bone jarringly real to be disgested any other way.

Can you hack that Mr Murdock... becuase peoples LIVES are on the line.. and the lax security at question time is quite telling .. either they "allowed ' him to get to you .. so watch your back ... OR they failed in doing that security job .. and that would be an OLYMPIC size EPIC fail.

Psst stick to sport .. you were always better at that yah old foxy devil. Once you are done playing games with the Yanks and Poms .. come back home .. because unleashing your [expat] aussie nature upon the unsuspecting world ... has stuck your thumb up its bum and struth mate .. Its not freaking happy you clown
:shk: [psst for everyone else.. yes evertyhing in Australia.. will kill ya .. eventually .. hence for the reason that I'd like him to consider returning very deeply .. like 6feet deeply
]

[This was a bit of rant and OL apoligizes for that
]

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Here is the video, very interesting, I agree that the Murdoch style of tabloid journalism has polluted British society and distorted the national debate.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Dead men .. tell no lies!

Personal Disclosure: Sorry .. just punning around!

Seems Mr Potter isn't gone.. he lives FOREVER on the interwebs.

Parting shot???
.. Please dont make me link the this is sparta techno mix
. Over and Over and Over .. this ground been .. we have.
Yoda I channel.. creepy become it has.

May you not be FORCED to the darkside.. .anger and misery live there and they want your company.
And as if old rupert wasn't enuff bad company already!

It's the company one keeps .. in times of trouble .. that will keep one company when all else is failing.

Rupert and his company seems in freefall ... its that sudden impact we are all just waiting for now ... those sharp jagged terminal misadventures that leave a bloody mess that needs to be covered in newspapers because its all
just too unsightly and all bone jarringly real to be disgested any other way.

Can you hack that Mr Murdock... becuase peoples LIVES are on the line.. and the lax security at question time is quite telling .. either they "allowed ' him to get to you .. so watch your back ... OR they failed in doing that security job .. and that would be an OLYMPIC size EPIC fail.

Psst stick to sport .. you were always better at that yah old foxy devil. Once you are done playing games with the Yanks and Poms .. come back home .. because unleashing your [expat] aussie nature upon the unsuspecting world ... has stuck your thumb up its bum and struth mate .. Its not freaking happy you clown
:shk: [psst for everyone else.. yes evertyhing in Australia.. will kill ya .. eventually .. hence for the reason that I'd like him to consider returning very deeply .. like 6feet deeply
]

[This was a bit of rant and OL apoligizes for that
]

What the hell are you going on about? Your post makes absolutely no sense at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Spot on, what Dennis Potter just stopped short of saying was 'the means of production' when he says they're talking about ownership of the means not economies of scale. The thought struck me that's the same for all multi-nationals control of the means. Surely a very communist notion for such neocons a centralisation of the means??

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just a pity, no one listened to him, before he died. Then maybe we would not be in the mess which we are in now. He is haunting Murdoch from the grave that is for sure

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Just a pity, no one listened to him, before he died. Then maybe we would not be in the mess which we are in now. He is haunting Murdoch from the grave that is for sure

Bang on the money..

Never truer words spoken/written.

Regards

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Also, sensory overload on the emoticons. We do not have an ideographic language like Chinese, so I would appreciate it if people would use emoticons sparingly, as subtle meaning enhancers, not as the semantic meat and potatoes of your text.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Back to Murdoch and gossip-- a good video

PressTV - 'Murdoch behind 9 11, Iraq, Afghan wars and financial meltdown'.flv

www.youtube.com...]

Wow, he comes out as a dirty old evil controlling creature.
edit on 31-7-2011 by canadiansenior70 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join