It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trees on Mars? Surreal Landscape

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
ive seen pictures of what lookel ike trees on mars, but none of this quality. ive also seen a shell, and a cricket(looked fake)

You would enjoy this page... took a lot of work

Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidence
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Unless Joe Public knows which university NASA is using... uhem...oops...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
ya know there was a guy, out at JPL in LA... that tyears ago ended up with the Lunar Orbiter tapes in his garage...

Let me tell you that scoop was a wild ride
Came to be known as the McMoon incident: That opened so many doors for me its unbelievable, even though it seems it was leaked to me deliberately.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

sigh the good old days... when ATS had the right stuff

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Those black marks look more like petroleum seepage than trees.

It looks like there's oil in thum thar hills.

Here is MikeSingh's version of an image from the region:

edit on 22-7-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

Looks like it's only a matter of time before the "coalition" invades...

On a serious and positive note.. If that is oil, surely that makes a manned mission to mars with our current propulsion technology (combustion) more of a possibility.. (of course that depends if we can find a way of refining it into useable form of fuel on the surface of mars)

right, all we need is an incoming 150,000 gal freighter filled with martian sweet crude oil or gasoline at 15,000 mph!

lol! rain of fire or what?! and how much would that cost? lol!

no offence, just using your post to reply to the oil people in general, sorry.

if we get to mars we will not be exporting oil or probably even using it for energy there.

it will be nuke power. why? less moving parts. smaller infrastructure and more long lasting power.

since there is water, we have cooling, besides pretty good heat sinks.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by connorromanow
ive seen pictures of what lookel ike trees on mars, but none of this quality. ive also seen a shell, and a cricket(looked fake)

You would enjoy this page... took a lot of work

Fossils on Mars - A Collection of Evidence

well aware of that zorgon, nice collection.

everyone should check it out.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey... We still have good ol' days ... We got top notch people like you, Slayer69, West Coast, All American, ADVISOR, TupacShakur...

PHAGE...

And countless others. Some in staged identity...

ATS is STILL Above Top Waters... lol, even though I'll admit, a bit water logged from fearmongerers, character assassins, and disinfo spooks of late.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

oil isn't useful - from a settlement perspective - for fuel so much as the raw materials needed for the amount of plastics infrastructure will need...

*wink*

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
right, all we need is an incoming 150,000 gal freighter filled with martian sweet crude oil or gasoline at 15,000 mph!

lol! rain of fire or what?! and how much would that cost? lol!

The Martian oil would not be shipped to Earth it would be ISRU (In Situ Resource Utilization) Just google that and LPI Space resource meetings and learn something

If they did need to ship liquids they could use the liquid cargo ship that NASA has the patent on, the liquid version of the Aquila in the documents I linked

Who cares about money? The federal reserve cannot account for 9 TRILLION dollar in fiscal year 2009 alone

This is the Aquila liquid carrier designed for bringing back HE3 from the moon. Now THAT stuff is worth a few buck
25 tons, one shuttle load, can power the entire USA for a year

US PATENT 5,092,545
Method of Delivering Lunar Generated Fluid
to Earth Orbit Using an External Tank

Publication number: US5092545
Publication date: 1992-03-03
Inventor: BUTTERFIELD ANSEL J (US); GOSLEE JOHN W (US)
Applicant: NASA (US)

ABSTRACT

A method and apparatus are provided for delivering lunar generated fluid to Earth orbit from lunar orbit. Transport takes place in an external tank of a shuttle which has been suitably outfitted in Earth orbit for reusable travel between Earth orbit and a lunar orbit. The outfitting of the external tank includes the adding of an engine, an electrical system, a communication system, a guidance system, an aerobraking device, and a plurality of interconnected fluid storage tanks to the hydrogen and oxygen tanks of the external tank. The external tank is then propelled to lunar orbit the first time using Earth based propellant. In lunar orbit, the storage tanks are filled with the lunar generated fluid with the remainder tank volumes filled with lunar generated liquid oxygen and hydrogen which serve as propellants for returning the tank to Earth orbit where the fluid is off-loaded. The remaining lunar generated oxygen and hydrogen is then sufficient to return the external tank to lunar orbit so that a subsequent cycle of fluid delivery is repeated. A space station in a higher Earth orbit is preferably used to outfit the external tank, and a lunar node in lunar orbit is used to store and transfer the fluid and liquid oxygen and hydrogen to the external tank. The lunar generated fluid is preferably 3He.

Storage in LEO

Transport system

Off loading to smaller tanks on ISS

Shields

ISS expansion

no offence, just using your post to reply to the oil people in general, sorry. if we get to mars we will not be exporting oil or probably even using it for energy there.

Oil makes plastics... sand makes fiberglass.. all ISRU resources

edit on 23-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yes and it would be years and years and years before that happens.

we don't know anything about mars (so they say)

how we gonna fire up the furnaces? import O2?

the amount of people there would not justify such a large undertaking.

might as well mine titan. hydros up the ying yang. "way down by the methane sea"

we will set up a refinery and plastics factory for 30 ppl? really?

edit on 23-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

lol... technically speaking Zorgon, we wouldn't need all that. All we'd really need is the right amount of release pressure divided by solar drag, and the orbital trajectory calculated to create a frozen water delivery system direct to mars... which would include a destination capture system. perhaps a small remote guided attitude control engine embedded in the ice would be the ideal choice.

I give you the first man made comet launcher...

PATENT ~THAT~ boys!
edit on 23-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
we don't know anything about mars (so they say)

Who is 'they'
The people I talk to tell me different stories

how we gonna fire up the furnaces? import O2?

Solar furnaces. Had you read the ISRU documents (only one page
) The dust on the surface of the moon for example contains titanium oxide, iron oxide and silicon dioxide as well as thorium oxide. Simply melting the regolith with solar furnaces (basically a reflector dish) you smelt the ore and release oxygen which you can then use for breathing, making water or rocket fuel. The titanium for your ships, silicon for your fiberglass and iron for structure. The thorium is a nuclear fuel all just lying around to be scooped up by robot excavators

Even caterpillar has a NASA contract for off world excavators... was on the news years ago

Mars also has tons of dry ice CO₂ Easy to extract the Oxygen from that

Most of that will be done by robotic machinery already in the works for years

NASA Opens Lunar Robot Mining Competition
May 25, 2010
earthandindustry.com...

Look up NORCAT

REPORT ON THE CONSTRUCTION AND TESTING OF A
BUCKET WHEEL EXCAVATOR

The Northern Centre for Advanced Technologies Inc. (NORCAT), in partnership with Electric Vehicle Controllers Ltd. (EVC), is presently engaged in the development and adaptation of existing mining technologies and methodologies for use extra-terrestrially as precursor and enabling technologies for ISRU and for use as ISSE in support of longer term missions. More specifically, NORCAT, in collaboration with Colorado School of Mines, has developed, constructed, and tested a bucket wheel excavator. The unit is based upon the design developed by CSM’s Mike Duke and Tim Muff.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Colorado School of Mines
Lunar and Planetary Institute...

THOUSANDS of documents on the mining issue all in public domain for those who take the time to study it.

And Buzz Aldrin working on anti gravity with China, and owner of Starcraft Boosters who make the Aquila

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

those are amazing, i dont know if you had this one, i just looked throught the first few, ill see the rest later
but heres a one
paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
not long ago there was life on mars, but a comet or something destroyed life on mars so it must be a leftovers after trees(sorry for my english im from poland)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

No I didn't...
Unfortunately the source site is gone xenotechresearch.com and these guys never put the image number on these.

I will see if I can find the original via wayback machine

ETA:

"Page cannot be crawled or displayed due to robots.txt."

Seems the site has an anti robot block on it, so wayback machine cannot capture past pages for storage

Looked up this;

Sir Charles W. Shults III, in his A Fossil Hunter's Guide to Mars
www.shultslaboratories.com...

Now at least I have a source

edit on 27-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

that seems like some cool stuff they were showing on that sight

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
No idea how real or not this is, can anyone help out please?

edit on 14-5-2012 by robhines because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join