It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'alien' creature sparks panic in china..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
A bald monkey like creature sparks panic, when locals of a village in china thought it was an alien. Mao xiping called the police to report the creature as something she has never seen before, and told them it had an alien Face.
Police refused to believe her so she captured it, brought it to the police station and demanded cops arrest it..
Experts are examining the creature to find out more about it..

Unfortunatly I can't embed the picture as I'm posting using my phone..
For full article and picture please follow link..
Link

Just have to add, due to my work we get access to free uk papers daily. I actually found this story whilst flicking through the sun.
Now I am fully aware of the credibility of the sun and would never use it as a source for general news.. But with stories like this with images I don't think it really matters what the source is..
Plus im bored at work and It looked interesting so I thought it worthy of a thread, so fellow members could take a gander..

I am no zoologist, but to me it looks like some sort of monkey or sloth type creature..
Also I think it is interesting how in china they initially thought it could be an alien, which to me shows the cultural differences and belief systems with them and the western world.. In the uk and Europe as I'm sure America and oz, an alien would be one of the last things people would have thought if they saw this creature..

I hope i do see some sort of follow up to this story as I'm interested in finding out what it actually is..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here's a pic from the article:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adb657ca5b9c.jpg[/atsimg]

THAT thing caused panic in China?? See, now if there are alien cover ups going on due to mass panic, this would be one reason why. People seriously can't handle one little freaky lookin monkey??

edit on 22-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
Good job it was not found in uk or usa, i am sure that whatever it is , it would not matter, now the fact that it had stolen some cucumbers, i am sure someone would find a way to put it on trial, after all it looks like a monkey and they are quite clever , must be some way to punish it for this crime?.

They will prob run out of humans soon to arrest, so next logical step could be monkeys.(perhaps the arresting officers may find they have something in common with that species)

link   
Looks like a lemur with mange.

Creepy though...

I would be scared if I saw it...

Pred...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I would not say this has anything to do with different UFO cultures.

The villagers were just village idiots. Which may say something about their culture

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thanks for embedding that wookiep..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
See? That's why people need to be EDUCATED or else the dummies will continue to shoot and kill at anything scary! I cannot believe people cannot tell the difference between God's creatures and creatures from outer space. Sheesh!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I would not say this has anything to do with different UFO cultures.

The villagers were just village idiots. Which may say something about their culture

You can't just call them village idiots.. You know nothing about these people.. What an ignorant statement!

There clearly are cultural differences when it comes to aliens and ufo's, we in the western world ridicule and mock this subject where as in places like south America and china, they embrace it and have a more open mind about these things..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It's a loris with a skin condition. Given the location - way, way outside the range of lorises (they're a tropical critter) I'd guess it was either someone's pet or a potential food item.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Here we go:

en.wikipedia.org...

It is a slow loris, habitat includes parts of China.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Wow.. That's why I love ats.. You guys seemed to have cracked within minutes.. Star for you both..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I just want one NOW!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i just loved it was reported that she took it to the police and demanded they "arrest it"
thanks for the laugh.

it does kinda look lemur like doesn't it? wonder if it is, or if they have "arrested" a new species?

actually a very good reason for TPTB to release any knowledge of UFO's/aliens. someones gonna get hurt trying to capture an "alien" that is really some animal suffering from rabies, or some other disease.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Poor 'lil guy causing so much fear! He's been through enough torture I'm sure. I hope he is taken care of at a clinic and released back into his home habitat.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yeah, it looks like it is out of its element and quite thin looking. So hopefully, it is well.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Hell, the whole reason I signed up on ATS in the first place was to play in the cryptozoology forums. It's really amazing how few people actually know what animals look like. Throw in a bad case of mange?

Now... now I could be wrong. My diagnosis of "loris" is not 100%. I just realized.

Anyone ever seen "Big Trouble in Little China?" Well. This li'l peach-nibbler COULD be a baby version of this guy!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Looks like an emaciated monkey...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
See, and here on ATS there are tons of threads on UFOs.

Do the believers of UFOs here feel so much more intelligent than people freaking out over a creature they have not seen yet? Imagine how it was thousands of years ago, people would be drawing snakes as dragons...ow wai...!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Looks more like a Lemuridae or Lemur.

They're discovering new species of lemur every year, not sure if this one has been cataloged yet.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yup!
It sure looks like a poor Lemur that has some health problems!
Not suprised though as polution is out of hand worldwide!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join