It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

404'd Threads, Terms violations and offensive language topics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
op credit goes to litterbaux. i felt this should be discussed amongst members and not just the staff

"I really hope the moderator takes a moment to read this thread.

404'd Threads, Terms violations and offensive language topics that are being erased really needs to stop.

The site motto is "deny ignorance"? Yet hot topics are removed therefore aiding ignorance.

The truth hurts sometimes. It's a fact of life, your life, my life.

Who are you really protecting? Your income?

Let this really be a service of free speech and you will be rewarded ten fold.

We can handle it, some people are jerks. It happens in real life all the time. If there is a place for the truth, why cant it be here?

If the truth is so scary, how can you claim "deny ignorance" as your motto? "

It's your thread litterbaux have at it.

edit on 22-7-2011 by CyberFawkes1105 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Discuss!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I dont know exactly what it is your reffering to but I somewhat agree.

I do think some mods are a tad overly sensitive and bring their personal issues and prejudices to work with them.

I say we stage a coup dude!!!!

Me and you, well barge into the ATS headquaters, take Simon and Skeptic hostage and make them announce that from now on the occasional swear word, cleverly worded insults, references to bodily functions including reproduction and bat#$&* crazy topics are know acceptable.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
ATS and the above network have said it again and again....

"liability"=no more ATS for you

SS

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

There is no reason to bring violance into the equation. We are a peace loving species. Why do you think "heaven" is you get to bask in sunlight and just be happy. The 72 virgins thing is cool too.

All that your saying is, you haven't had a really interesting topic get 404'd.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

There is no reason to bring violance into the equation. We are a peace loving species. Why do you think "heaven" is you get to bask in sunlight and just be happy. The 72 virgins thing is cool too.

All that your saying is, you haven't had a really interesting topic get 404'd.

LOL
Well I wasnt actually saying that but since were on the topic being honest Ive never even had an interesting thread topic to 404!!!!!!

Sometimes Violence is the only way forward, that said my idea of violence is tying people down and tickling them till they give in. Seriously can you remember the last time you were held down and tickled?

It may sound like fun but its not, give me a feather and empty room with the owners tied up and well have this site sorted in 5 min!!!!

P.s Im pretty sure the 72 virgins thing is overrated, if they were so good why were they virgins? and lets be honest they probably wouldnt stay virgins very long anyway would they?
edit on 22-7-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Damn you for making this thread a joke. Seriously. I love your satire and I laughed a few times.

Back on topic, are you saying you should be denied information because of some whiny person that cant handle the truth? I can handle typical day to day conversation, yet its deemed "off topic"?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Damn you for making this thread a joke. Seriously. I love your satire and I laughed a few times.

Back on topic, are you saying you should be denied information because of some whiny person that cant handle the truth? I can handle typical day to day conversation, yet its deemed "off topic"?

Sometimes satire and humour is the best way to get a point across, you can tell someone their an a$$hole and all you do is offend them, you do it in a way that they also laugh they are less likely to get defensive and actually reflect on what your saying. True stuff dude

I dont think we should be denied any info and I do find it kinda childish the way some threads are closed, its almost a bit condescending like we cant decide for ourselves whats acceptable.
Despite any illusions we may have about this site being a mecca of free thinking and open discussion in reality its a commercial venture and the owners first priority is to protect their livelihood (and rightly so)

Dont get me wrong dude, Im playing a bit of the devils advocate but Im on your side (somewhat at least, MODS pls dont ban me
)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I hope this thread gets flowers on its grave. The first amendment was free speech. Was it first because it was alphabetized that way? Haha. It was first because it was the most important, know this.

Don't put flowers on the grave of free speech. Please please please stop censoring ATS posts.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Your not going to get banned. We are thought provoking individuals. If anything, they should hire us!

I don't think people are inherently bad, I think its learned. If you can learn bad you can surely learn smart.

You really can be whatever you wanna be.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Do you really want to take Simon and Skeptic hostage?

They have really BIG ban hammers and I don't want it banging
on me!
You two will have to stage your coup yourselves,Mama is outta here.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This thread is a perfect example for the reason threads are deleted. This ground has been covered a thousand times. Using the search function with terms like "trashed threads" will return more info than you'll ever need.

Here's the short version-

They violate the terms and Conditions in some form or fashion, or are REPETITIVE.

If you sincerely require additional information, please submit a Complaint/Suggestion available from the Tools dropdown menu, to be reviewed by all staff.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join