It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next FDA target: Walnuts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
www.sott.net...

I was going to pass up reading this article. I couldn't believe it.

But apparently the FDA actually sent a letter to Diamond Foods telling them it was not okay to advertise their walnuts as "healthy" and they should cease this advertising or face having their walnuts seized!

Obviously this was some sort of form letter sent by some mindless functionary with orders to clamp down on all "health claims."

But -- walnuts? How ridiculous can you get?

Chalk this up as another piece of evidence that our government is being taken over by people who want to destroy our health, prosperity and sanity.

Now, like a lazy gardener who let weeds take over from his tomatoes, we need to put on our boots and go out and pull some big weeds!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
But isn't Diamond Foods a corporation and I thought corporations were taking over our government now your saying someone else is.

Just confusing how many people are taking over our government lately it's hard to keep up.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well...

Nuts are considered "brain" food.

Being a conspiratorial web site (LOL), to develop the brain would be opposite of what "they" want.

Bring on the HoHo's, Twinkies, and Cheetos!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
GMO grass (your milk and meat)

GMO soya beans

GMO rice

GMO corn

Soybeans Resistant to glyphosate or glufosinate herbicides Herbicide resistant gene taken from bacteria inserted into soybean 93% 77%

Corn, field Resistant to glyphosate or glufosinate herbicides. Insect resistance via producing Bt proteins, some previously used as pesticides in organic crop production. Vitamin-enriched corn derived from South African white corn variety M37W has bright orange kernels, with 169x increase in beta carotene, 6x the vitamin C and 2x folate.[18] New genes, some from the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis, added/transferred into plant genome. 86% 26%

Cotton (cottonseed oil) Pest-resistant cotton Bt crystal protein gene added/transferred into plant genome 93% 49%
Alfalfa Resistant to glyphosate or glufosinate herbicides New genes added/transferred into plant genome. Planted in the US from 2005–2007; banned until January 2011 and presently legal

Hawaiian papaya Variety is resistant to the papaya ringspot virus.[19] New gene added/transferred into plant genome 80%

Tomatoes Variety in which the production of the enzyme polygalacturonase (PG) is suppressed, retarding fruit softening after harvesting.[20] A reverse copy (an antisense gene) of the gene responsible for the production of PG enzyme added into plant genome Taken off the market due to commercial failure. Small quantities grown in China

Rapeseed (Canola) Resistance to herbicides (glyphosate or glufosinate), high laurate canola[21] New genes added/transferred into plant genome 93% 21%

Sugar cane Resistance to certain pesticides, high sucrose content. New genes added/transferred into plant genome

Sugar beet Resistance to glyphosate, glufosinate herbicides New genes added/transferred into plant genome 95% (2010); planting in 2011 under controlled conditions 9%

Rice Genetically modified to contain high amounts of Vitamin A (beta-carotene) "Golden rice" Three new genes implanted: two from daffodils and the third from a bacterium Forecast to be on the market in 2013[22]

Squash (Zucchini) Resistance to watermelon, cucumber and zucchini yellow mosaic viruses[23][24] Contains coat protein genes of viruses. 13%

Sweet Peppers Resistance to virus[25] Contains coat protein genes of the virus. Small quantities grown in China

Its all good FDA said so.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Perhaps the FDA should go after Peanuts next because they are neither 'Peas' nor 'Nuts', they are legumes, total misnomer there. After all the FDA is out for the benefit of the consumer, right?

reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Its all good FDA said so.
Don't forget GMO Salmon.
Congress bans FDA from approving genetically modified fish
Stories like these do seem to paint an awful picture of the intent of the FDA.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Read that earlier. Figures, when there's so many things they should be regulating(putting labels on GMO foods to banning GMO foods, cancerous dies, more), they pick on walnuts. It's because fatty acids are good for us. No trials support walnuts with drug like effects. Just vitamin effects.

Black Walnut
Scientific Name(s): Juglans nigra .
Family: Juglandaceae (walnuts)
Common Name(s): Black walnut , American walnut Uses of Black Walnut

Black walnut has many traditional uses; however, there are no human trials to support these effects. Black walnuts are a good dietary source of essential fatty acids.

Source

edit on 22-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What I feel the FDA is doing is intentionally removing and or disallowing any mention of basic health descriptions and or benefits to humans.

It is I fear, a subtle continuation of the dumbing down of Americans while discouraging critical thinking by eliminating words, definitions and our common basic knowledge that walnuts are good for you or that so many fulfill some daily nutritional requirement of vitamins and or essential omega 3 oils.

Walnuts are good for you, but if they tell you how or why or describe in what manner such walnuts benefit humans, that is when the line has been crossed and when the FDA usually shows it ugly Nazi teeth and usually takes action against such companies for the crime of making health claims.

I contend that telling the public the truth about a product is not a health claim. Anyway, the way I see this, it is all just a concerted effort by the criminal FDA to undermine the public safety and in a broader and more covert manner it is causing such food corporations to not inform the public about those elements of truth that are in fact true. You see, this is not about protecting the public.

It is about stopping the informing of the public with elements of truth and science that the FDA prefer the public not have and not consider. In effect, the FDA does not want corporations talking about what is good for humans even if it is true. This is about free speech and the FDA is attacking the free speech of corporations and what they are allowed to say to the public even if what they are saying is truthful and factual. This is what should concern us all.

This is about limiting corporate speech and if that speech can not inform the public of a common truth and known fact, then the FDA Nazi's implementing such negative legislation have in effect stifled free speech and have undermined any corporations ability to inform the public about what they are eating and whether it is good for you.

Anyway, that's the way I see it. Corporate free speech has been under attack by many segments of the Obama corrupt government, but this latest FDA and walnuts issue shows me that it not about public safety, its about the public's right to know which is being attacked and to be successful in that attack, the FDA must and will go after corporations that tell the truth as part of doing daily business.

While the FDA will misuse and abuse its authority, this is being done by design, so no one should think that this just sorta happened, because it didn't. The FDA has been attacking corporations in many ways and this is just one more element of proof that the FDA represents only criminal corporations and is so politicized that it no longer represents the people it purports to serve.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
After walnuts they'll go after chin nuts.

It's only a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
After walnuts they'll go after chin nuts.

When I read that I almost choked on my coffee. The first thing I thought of was this alien from "Men in Black 2": www.disclose.tv...

Of course, I know what you actually meant.

edit on 22-7-2011 by Aggie Man because: spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Now GMO grasses? I didn't hear that one yet Tribe, thanks for the head up. I swear that Monsanto will destroy the planet yet, they sure are trying hard enough to wipe it out. Monsanto needs a spanking and a long time out. I would help with the spanking.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't call what Diamond food sells as Black Walnuts, actual Black Walnuts. Ask anyone who has harvested and cracked their own walnuts. They do something to them that makes the taste unbearable.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is getting a bit ridiculous, dontcha think? It's time to get rid of the FDA, they are not the gods of America. If they are to continue to exist, they must be held to a scientific standard, not one that is pushed around by people with money. And I believe they don't have the right to take "action" against anyone selling things they disagree with. If they believe it is harmful, they should be able to put out a notice and then let the people decide. It's called freedom. And telling the truth as backed up by science is NOT false advertisement or any other crime against humanity.

On another forum I saw someone saying this story was misconstrued. For anyone that wants to argue that point, argue this: www.fda.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Total insanity.

Did you know they have started pasteurizing nuts?

This kills the life force/healing ability and the nuts will no longer sprout.

And they still label them "raw" with no distinction
You have to specifically search out unpasteurized nuts online. If you ask at the grocery or health food store they will probably not have any idea what you are talking about.
edit on 7/24/2011 by Universer because: smilie

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I guess the FDA has them by the nuts then..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Why doesn't this have more flags??? Police state here we come.

new topics

top topics

join