It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This thread is my way of protesting the ignorance I see here on ATS regarding the funding of social programs.

Those who attack others based on their use of such programs are falling into a trap.

You're being used as pawns in a class war you didn't even know about!

Is this your idea of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"?

Stepping all over your fellow Americans just because they even DARE to use the same social programs that YOU (and your anoited masters, the Gang of Six) wish to cut?

I'm sick and tired of reading this ignorance on ATS.

It has to stop and stop now.

YOU ARE BEING PLAYED.

Not only due to the "Gang of Six" but also due to Obama's willingess to capitulate to them.

This is what they want.

They want you to rise up.

This debt ceiling talk is all just that: Another way to get a rise out of people.

Don't fall for it!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Make sure to get to work on time so you can pay your full taxes since i'm waiting on my government check.

Thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I don't know where your mind is at this point.

I'm not joking.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com...

That is why it is so terribly important that the American people become engaged in this debate which will have a huge impact on them, on their parents and on their children. The American people must fight for a fair deal. At a time when the wealthiest people in this country are doing phenomenally well and their effective tax rate is the lowest on record, at a time when the top 400 individuals in this country own more wealth than 150 million Americans, at a time when corporate profits are soaring and in many instances corporations, these same corporations pay nothing in taxes, at a time when we have tripled military spending since 1997, there are fair ways to move toward deficit reduction which do not slash programs that working families and children and the elderly desperately depend upon. This senator is going to fight back. I was not elected to the United States Senate to make devastating cuts in Social Security, in Medicare, in Medicaid, in children's programs while lowering tax rates for the wealthiest people in this country.

Pay attention to this quoted text.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yup. I cannot handle the truth but I know we not being played. We are being tested: To determine if we love each other enough to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The Sword, i've come to a conclusion that a large portion of the daily news re: what Uncle Sam says & does, is a well-planned smoke n mirrors, dog n pony show to either distract, anger of instill fear into those who pay attention.

Seems to me there are verbal attacks of all sorts on a very steady basis that comes out of Washington DC. Example: Most people that own firearms in America are tax paying law abiding good citizens that safely use and store their hardware. Yet most every week someone in DC makes some incredibly stupid statement or gesture to rile those folks up.

This will be followed by an attack at another large group of citizens, perhaps seniors, perhaps those on welfare, you name it.

Next day, some other group gets the big blast. Meanwhile, the fall-out and repercussion of the previous days issues are having residual affect & response.

Keep enough issues that concern people at a personal level juggled in the air, meanwhile the other clowns of Washington are rippin' and tearin' the town (world) up like 5th graders with a substitute teacher for the day.

Maybe it's just my imagination. I wonder if there is a website that exists which compiles & compares the big issues of each day, day after day, and uses graphs or charts to compare topic and frequency.

This is just my thoughts and opinions, not based on research or anything of value, merely my two cents.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I see your point.

But I'm angry.

I'm downright pissed off.

And I'm not going to take it anymore.

This isn't the only thing.

This "WW3" situation around the world is equally aggravating.

Hell, give me the airwaves and you'll see what I mean.

I'm like that guy in "Network": Mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

new topics

top topics

join