Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

As a mysterious skeleton is washed up on a British beach... Do sea monsters REALLY exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We have had quite a few beasties found on beaches in the last few years - I have put a few together for you to have a look at

Some may be mundane animals distorted in a water logged state - others are just weird - genetic mutation (natural or of human origin) or in some cases new undiscovered creatures perhaps

Interesting all the same

See Link Below for "10 mysterious "monsters" washed up on our shores"

LINK

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
One part of this I find very interesting is the trident shaped tale. I remember watching one of the monster quests shows about sea serpents and the best video evidence to date (that I've seen was on it.) I believe it was Florida, and the man caught a very strange creature breaching the water at his fishing spot. Marine biologists from difeferent universities studied the video but couldn't determine what it was. And i remember specifically that one of the things that made the create stand out was it's trident shaped tale. Could this be the same creature?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

After my post I decided to do my own research on Pilot Whales, and as they do look similar, there are tons of differences.
How do you explain the trident tail, if it's a Pilot Whale? (hah, that rhymed) Okay, back to being serious. I really really doubt this is a Pilot Whale, nor any other type of whale or shark.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I think I know what you're talking about. It sounds very familiar, and I do remember something about a trident tail as well. I'm wondering if it's the same creature, or one of it's kin, in this photograph as well.
I'll do some searching and see if I can't find that episode.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Dude.. I believe you and I still want to see the pictures.
This is the internet there shouldn't even be a question. Skip to the pictures.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

The tail's not exactly a trident. What you're seeing there is a partially decayed tail fluke. When the thing's alive that'd be a single flat appendage. The central bit is the ending of the spinal column, the two others are the ends of the fluke.

Now, on to the pictures. It'd probably help a bit if I explained the situation that they came from first. I recently (April 23 if my notes are correct) found a decaying long-finned pilot whale in a small freshwater stream on a beach. I'm inclined to say it had been there since December at least. After a bit of research and such I decided to remove the head for the skull. That's mostly irrelevant, though. What all this means is I've got access to a rather large number of pictures of the whole specimen and the head in varying stages of decay. These go roughly in chronological order.

The specimen as found.

The head as of mid-May.

June 5

And June 19.

There are more, but those are the ones to use for comparison. Bear in mind that all the images of the head are showing it from a bottom-up viewpoint, as a large animal flipped it over.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
One part of this I find very interesting is the trident shaped tale. I remember watching one of the monster quests shows about sea serpents and the best video evidence to date (that I've seen was on it.) I believe it was Florida, and the man caught a very strange creature breaching the water at his fishing spot. Marine biologists from difeferent universities studied the video but couldn't determine what it was. And i remember specifically that one of the things that made the create stand out was it's trident shaped tale. Could this be the same creature?

Are you able to find this video online? It sounds interesting. I did a brief search and all I found was some manatee bullcrap.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I saw that show too. The guys house had a little inlet of water in the backyard or something. Do you remember what the show was?
edit on 25-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Looks like a conger eel to me, albeit a fat one.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Umm, isn't the OP picture of one of these guys?

uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Nope, not the same animal. Not by a long shot.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Too long to be a conger eel.
The eel shark looks like a candidate, but I doubt it would have the bones (unless the eel shark isn't really a shark,the only thing in a shark near a real bone is in it's mouth) also I dunno if eel sharks make it to that length.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is obviously a weather balloon; you can tell by the skeletal structure and pixels.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
In case anyone is still curious on this one, I dug up this thread again to definitively prove this is a pilot whale. Look at the skull. The specimen in the OP is upside-down, with the lower section of the jaw missing. I'm given to understand this is quite common, as the mandible on cetaceans is a two-section structure. Now, compare the exposed portion of the skull in OP's link to the underside of the one I've been working with. The one in OP's link is somewhat more intact, as I don't believe a bear got at it, but they're clearly the same species.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey guys sorry to be a buzz kill I would rather it be some mysterious sea monster but I found this article and it's got your picture in it
news.stv.tv...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

It looks kinda like those things in the tremors movie to me though.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Its one ugly sea monster.. It kinda looks like a gator to me ..I've never seen these pictures before and it doest look like a whale to me either hard to say what it is

A gator with NO legs...kinda...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It looks like a fat Gulper Eel. If its anything from the abyssal region or lower, odds are its simply a new species; we discover new deep sea creatures every year.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I'm no marine expert neither
but I'm 99.9% sure that that's not a whale or fish. Looks like a sea monster. Besides there's a skeleton. What else do we need to believe there were or maybe still are sea monsters.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens
reply to post by predator0187

I'm no marine expert neither
but I'm 99.9% sure that that's not a whale or fish. Looks like a sea monster. Besides there's a skeleton. What else do we need to believe there were or maybe still are sea monsters.

Besides there's a skeleton of a pilot whale, what else do we need to believe its a... pilot whale, confirmation from some a Dr or something?...
Dr Andrew Brownlow from the Scottish Agricultural College who identified it as a juvenile pilot whale.

Deny the facts?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join