It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15,000 US Troops to Remain In Iraq, Renamed “Diplomats”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

At least 15,000 US troops will stay in Iraq beyond the December 31 deadline which the Obama administration promised would bring a complete withdrawal of American forces. The majority of the troops will receive a “cover designation” and be labeled “diplomats,” but their job will be to protect oilfields and serve four giant military bases that will ensure the occupation remains permanent.

Just as I suspected, there will be troops remaining behind in Iraq and either renamed or reassigned. Now the troops are called diplomats. Let me ask someone how does one do diplomatic relations walking around with an M-16 terrorizing the citizens of a country? Would you stand for it? No one would stand for it. This is absolutely manipulation and lies coming out of the Obama administration as election time rolls around. He wants to be seem as he is withdrawing troops while at the same time is pleasing the upper echelons by keeping troops on the ground

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
1. It's from prisonplanet. No agenda of rage there.

2. They always said that not every, single troop would be pulled out of Iraq. There would always be some guys there, not the full combat strength that has been there in the past.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I've always said they never had any intentions of leaving Iraq, nor will they.

They need these strategic pieces on the World Map, whatever the human/humane cost.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
15,000 is more than enough to make sure the 150,000 iraqi security forces are killing, terrorizing or imprisoning anyone who doesn't agree or resists being governed by outside forces.

muqtada al-sadr has already declared that if all, and he means every single american in iraq, including "diplomats", businessmen etc, don't leave the country by the deadline he will declare war and unleash his mahdi army on all american forces and anyone who opposes his actions.

he has extreme popular support and so far for the last 6-7 years his army has stayed out of the fighting. they are fully armed, rested and ready to start an insurgency that will make the current insurgency look like a bunch of teenagers shooting cans in a parking lot.

he also is a muslim fundamentalist. so expect massive suicide bombing, oil destabilization i.e. gas prices soaring, and mass iraqi security force defections.

of course we'll never hear about it after america "leaves". we'll just be scratching our heads. cursing exxon and shell on why the 4 gallons of gas you just finished pumping cost you $167.

thanks to american arrogance, stupidity and ignorant greed, saddam will be looked on like a saint by the iraqi people compared to what has hit them and will hit them the next 10 years.

edit on 22-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia deplugged it's currency from the US dollar.

They no longer will be our source of oil. They are now China's source of oil.

That's why we have to stay in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just curious how much free or discounted oil we are getting from Iraq?

Anyone have numbers on that?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I wonder how many contractors will be left also..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
15,000 is more than enough to make sure the 150,000 iraqi security forces are killing, terrorizing or imprisoning anyone who doesn't agree or resists being governed by outside forces.

Logic alone says that they cannot leave. If they do, the Iraqis will take back control of their country. Troops will be needed there permanently to see this does not happen.

Most of the Iraqi security forces are only pretending to be on the west's side because it is in their interest to do so.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The U.S. government is clearly making immature excuses for something that should be considered a crime - if a man approached me and I believed he had a weapon, even to harm him "pre-emptivley" would be enough to be charged with murder or manslaughter, especially when evidence concludes that the man was not carrying a weapon - even if he was, if the said man made no direct threats against me, then any attack would be considered an assault.
edit on 8-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join