It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Wonderful: "The eagle couldn't have picked a better person"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I like things like this. I believe there are reasons, unknown immediately to us, for everything. This is a tribute to a very good person who deserved everything good, the life they lead was tragic, difficult and meaningful; but without memories of struggle and sacrifice, life means nothing. It also is the story of someone who took a pic, and became more aware as a result of his actions after taking the pic. We choose the stories that meet us face to face.

A Nice Story

I won't post the quotes because if you care you'll spend the one minute required to read.

ColoradoJens
edit on 21-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: because I felt like writing this

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
...that was a nice story and the photo is wonderful.... thx...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Absolutely beautiful. Everything happens for a reason

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...that was a nice story and the photo is wonderful.... thx...

Thank you Wyn Hawks. I think it is really neat how people take it upon themselves to do things like this. It makes us all human.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ

Absolutely beautiful. Everything happens for a reason

Thanks CeeRZ - I agree - a reminder of an amazing life force and the wonder of the human spirit.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Interestingly, I was just reading a book which has a hummingbird as a central messenger from a dead lover.
It's an American book, but I suppose it's about a less "grievable" group of Americans, and even mentioning their individual loss and importance risks all manner of ignorant responses.
They were gay partners in the age of AIDS in the early 1990's.
The one died, and the other one wrote about the messages he got from beyond the grave, mainly through the meaningful and odd appearances of a hummingbird.
Joel Rothschild: Signals: An inspiring story of life after life Bantam Press: 2001.
edit on 21-7-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Thumbs up for the response. I remember, last summer in a time of depression, a sparrow landed outside my sliding glass door - something not unusual, but I was writing and thinking and realized after a while he was still there, staring at me. I opened the door, thinking he'd fly away, but he didn't. I slowly walked outside and sat down, cross legged, next to the bird. For five minutes we sat, side by side, and I swear someone or something was telling me to get my ass in gear. Maybe I thought that for my own reasons, but still there was no explination for what happend.

CJ
edit on 21-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thank you so much for this wonderful story,It brought tears to my eyes and i just loved the picture also it was beautiful~

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

It is we who place reason upon the unknown and for that I am forever grateful.
Thank you Jen for any number of reasons.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

It is we who place reason upon the unknown and for that I am forever grateful.
Thank you Jen for any number of reasons.

Totally cool way of putting it...we are our own special places...we can project, we can engage, we can make the moment of a lifetime, all by simply engaging...it is beautiful when it happens!

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thank you for that sugarcookie; it did for me too. I'd like to think the story illustrates something we all know we are capable of, it is just the doing it that is so hard for so many. And it's these little stories in life are often what makes us feel a connection with humanity.

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
that's an incredible image.

Last weekend I was in Calicoon NY, spending the day at a friends house which sits on the Delaware River. We were in the river, casting lines, the kids playing behind us in the water when, suddenly, my friend said "look, there's Junior."

I looked where he was pointing and there was, flying about 20 feet above the water line, a gorgeous bald eagle. I've only seen one of them in person and it was a sad, dirty looking bird in a cage. This one was clean, soaring and so majestic. It's odd how the sight of a bird can stir you but, somehow it did. Patriotism? Perhaps. The spectacle of nature's finest? definitely.

This photographer was very fortunate to see the eagle and the photo captured is extremely special. For him and the family of the deceased.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
that's an incredible image.

Last weekend I was in Calicoon NY, spending the day at a friends house which sits on the Delaware River. We were in the river, casting lines, the kids playing behind us in the water when, suddenly, my friend said "look, there's Junior."

I looked where he was pointing and there was, flying about 20 feet above the water line, a gorgeous bald eagle. I've only seen one of them in person and it was a sad, dirty looking bird in a cage. This one was clean, soaring and so majestic. It's odd how the sight of a bird can stir you but, somehow it did. Patriotism? Perhaps. The spectacle of nature's finest? definitely.

This photographer was very fortunate to see the eagle and the photo captured is extremely special. For him and the family of the deceased.

Thanks Crakeur! I agree. Beyond the story, the picture itself is amazing to me as that is a BIG bird. He/she probably does a good job of keeping the rabbits off the cemetary grass. Incredible creatures and awe-inspiring indeed.

CJ

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing something so noble and inspiring with us. At ATS, there are so many cynics and naysayers, and we get caught up in petty squabbles about things we pretend are world shattering~and suddenly someone like yourself is kind enough to share a photo and story that puts everything back into perspective. The photographer who snapped that shot might have just made his millions right there, and I certianly hope that everyone shares that picture with everyone they know. It is patriotic in the most quiet, solid way that we all need to experience!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well it's certainly a heartwarming story, but the photo looks like it's been modified to me. Here's the biggest version I found of it:

www.doobybrain.com...

If you use the graphics program of your choice and zoom in, the pixels around the eagle don't look quite right. Also while the headstone casts a shadow on the ground, I'm not seeing the eagle's shadow. Since he's as tall as the headstone he should effectively make the headstone shadow look twice as long whereas it doesn't, it's the same shadow length as those for the surrounding headstones.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
PHOTOSHOPPED

because they found the original without the eagle and a tutorial how to make one yourself on www.ebaumsworld.com

plus since when do white eagles rest so low near the ground in such area...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

This is the best post I've seen in years.

You should get a million points for this.

(old member, new ID)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Keep these good news stories coming! I am a big fan of your threads. I'm still sharing the soda pop thread and video with my friends.

This is a beautiful story, and it's amazing that such a simple and accidental gesture could be so meaningful to someone unintended.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
PHOTOSHOPPED

because they found the original without the eagle and a tutorial how to make one yourself on www.ebaumsworld.com

Hater.

I saw a pair of Bald Eagles in some kind of mating ritual on a flat, flat, flat road in Kansas! I thought I was seeing things as I pulled over to not interrupt, but then several more cars began to stop. There wasn't a tree, a lake, a cliff, or anything for miles, but these two Giant Birds would go up high, and dive back down, and roll around in the grass on one side of the road, and then the other. Sometimes they would stop and stroll leisurely across the road like they were taking a break. After about 20 minutes, they flew off together into the sunset (literally) and left 6 or 7 of us from different vehicles standing there scratching our heads in wonder.

I think Bald Eagles are supposed to be monogamous, so maybe this was an illicit rendezvous, who knows? The point is, they do turn up near the ground, and in unexpected places.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by RizeorDie
PHOTOSHOPPED

Hater.

I saw a pair of Bald Eagles in some kind of mating ritual on a flat, flat, flat road in Kansas! I thought I was seeing things as I pulled over to not interrupt, but then several more cars began to stop. There wasn't a tree, a lake, a cliff, or anything for miles, but these two Giant Birds would go up high, and dive back down, and roll around in the grass on one side of the road, and then the other. Sometimes they would stop and stroll leisurely across the road like they were taking a break. After about 20 minutes, they flew off together into the sunset (literally) and left 6 or 7 of us from different vehicles standing there scratching our heads in wonder.

I think Bald Eagles are supposed to be monogamous, so maybe this was an illicit rendezvous, who knows? The point is, they do turn up near the ground, and in unexpected places.

well i dont see this bald eagle mating with anything becuase its photoshopped... its a great idea though, would make a great end scene for a film...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join