It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: The Killer 116° Heat Index Is ‘Manufactured By The Government’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how is reading a thermometer a government conspiracy. rush is back on the prescription pills in a big way. i think he graduated to hardcore full on methamphetamine.

Well...go read a thermometer and actually tell me the heat index. You cannot. The number is an equation that takes in multiple factors including the actual mercury temperature to produce the "heat index".

It isn't a bad thing, but your post is as it shows your ignorance upon the topic.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'd like to see him 'prove his point' that the Heat Index is just a made up figure. Maybe he could go do some real work for a change out in the hot sun with the Heat Index at 103. After all....according to him, it wouldn't be dangerous at all.....that 'Heat Index' is just a silly man made thing to scare us into believing Al Gore (or whatever the Hell his crazy conspiracy theory involved).
Assuming he didn't die of heat stroke.....I bet the guy would lose 10 pounds or more from sweat. So it'd be a win for everybody (I kinda wanted to say it would be a win even if he DID die of Heat Stroke........but I didn't.
)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
well in a way public advisories came from government

growing up in the 70s and 80s never had them.

it was hot outside didnt need a warning saying it was hot it was obvious

A heat index, manufactured by the government to tell you what it feels like when you add the humidity in there.

along comes the global warming crowd and for the past 2 decades all we have is warnings that state the obvious.

if you ask me government is stupid and they do stupid things.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I have no respect to this guy,..he is big time idiot and arogant

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
well it is true. the heat index is a manufactured number and the govt uses it so it is manufactured by the govt. However we don't need no stinkin govt to tell us......IT IS FREAKIN hot outside.....hot inside.....
it think NIBURU is causing the sun to send out protons to heat our atmosphere.......uh oh....I did it added Niburu to a thread...........ha ha ha . this is a joke if you did not get it...

lets just drink beer and laugh.....what else is there to do....while you sweat.........man is it hot........lets do solar air conditioning.....oh yea can't do that.....I guess we will have to keep using coal........but that causes global warming......or global cooling or..........i am so confused. having another beer........
flamin in here

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Sorry, I thought he meant the Heat Index wasn't made up.

Carry on....Bash Rush at will.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Actually, he is correct. The sources were citing that the temperature was going to be 116, when in actuality it was only going to be 99 or 100. The were incorrectly giving the heat index, not the actual temperature.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
With the all the hot-air that Rush blows out of his mouth constantly, the temperatures across the country would probably drop 15 degrees if he would shut his mouth for a few days...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

GIVE IT A BREAK.

I live in the south and I work outside farming so I track the weather every day.

In 2004 we had DAYS of over 100F temperatures. Most of that summer was 90F and above. We had several 98F day in MAY!

The last two summers have been cool in comparison we still have not hit 100F and mostly it has been BELOW 95F with a very cool spring this year.

Oh and my electric bill (AC) verifies it was cooler in the summer the last couple of years.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
wow theres some serious *snip* now there tryingto kill us with heat -_-

edit on Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:28:22 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Spinning a conspiracy theory that puts his listeners’ lives at risk, hate radio merchant Rush Limbaugh argued that government warnings of life-threatening heat are “playing games”:

"They’re playing games with us on this heat wave, again.

"us." lol. One big happy family.

Just me an old' Rush, two regular people, just hangin' out....I am honored to be considered part of an "us" that includes folks like Rush who just happen to have over a $100 million in his name. But check it -- "us." Rush is just regular people. What a pair, "us"!

Somehow I don't think airconditioning is one of the problems in Rush's fifth-avenue penthouse.

edit on 21-7-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

While it may have some scientific validity....It was made up.

Yes, 'made up' n the same way that temperatures themselves are 'made up' indicators, not 'made up' as in 'a lie', which is his implication.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Aaaaand speaking of ridiculously hot... isn't it funny how the global warming deniers all like to trot out record lows as "PROOF" that climate change isnt real? How come they never site heat waves as "PROOF" it is?

(clearly, if you know anything about climate, you would know NEITHER is 'proof' but i always find it funny when they bring up the cold weather but not the hot weather)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
this winter, when we get socked with another bad one, he'll be spewing his ignorant rant on how it proves gore is wrong

if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny

the worst part are the sheep that listen to him without thinking for themselves

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The heat index may be real, but the hype coming out of NOAA is weird.
Do we really need to have them tell us it is hot?
Try telling us when the extreme heat mass will go away, and come back to "normal" or why it is here in the first place.

Either they are dumbing us down: do they really need to tell people to not stay out for too long....drink fluids, etc.
Or, they are trying to instill fear, keep us on edge, keep our minds off the real issues.

So, in that regard, Rush is correct.

And, FTR, I haven't listening to Rush since Clinton was in office.....it was the last time I could stand listening to his ego.

Another thing, I remember the summer of 1988, it was brutal, and I don't remember all the government/media hype for that.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
The heat index may be real, but the hype coming out of NOAA is weird.
Do we really need to have them tell us it is hot?
Try telling us when the extreme heat mass will go away, and come back to "normal" or why it is here in the first place.

So you are saying that by acknowledged the weather, they are dumbing us down?

Another thing, I remember the summer of 1988, it was brutal, and I don't remember all the government/media hype for that.

Just because you dont remember it doesnt mean it wasnt happening.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

So you are saying that by acknowledged the weather, they are dumbing us down?

Not acknowledging, hyping.....

Just because you dont remember it doesnt mean it wasnt happening.

No, I remember there was no hype back then. There was a heat index, but it wasn't in your face like it is now.
They've changed the way they present weather to us.
More hype, less actual information.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If you want to add to this little theory.

You could say that maybe "they" are conditioning everybody to get used to the a/c. Then when everyone is used to the 70 degrees indoor temp, bam the power fails.....People will not be able to stand it and many would collapse, inundating the emergency facilities....

Then we have heat riots...Everybody thinking that they are owed a/c......Then on and on with the chaos.

See we are a spoiled society of lazyness. This is obvious to me. I worked out in the southern Illinois heat today.....6:00 am to 3:00 pm.....I am fine and my crew weathered the heat......Yeah it sucked......Yeah I drank a lot of water......But one thing is for sure......I have to pay my bills.....The bills that are artificially high, from record profits......

But hey, im not bitching..........Everyone else is....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sometimes I think people on ATS are all goldfish.

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

No, I remember there was no hype back then. There was a heat index, but it wasn't in your face like it is now.
They've changed the way they present weather to us.
More hype, less actual information.

You sure about that? A quick google search from the heatwave in 1980 and 1983 shows the EXACT same type of reporting.

Heat Wave In 19th Day; Death Toll Reaches 217 . Palm Beach Post - Google News Archive - Jul 11, 1980

news.google.com...,4062109&dq=1980+heat+wave&hl=en

ST. LOUIS BEARS BRUNT OF HEAT WAVE AS US TOLL RISES - … New York Times - Jul 24, 1983

news.google.com...,6253912&dq=1980+heat+wave&hl=en

news.google.com...,385784&dq=1980+heat+wave&hl=en
edit on 21-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I was specific to the 1988 heatwave.
Also, my experience was with Michigan.
Weather was not hyped then as it is now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join