It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Threatens to Kill Concealed Carry Gun Owner During Traffic Stop

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Clearly the officer is in the wrong.
If he would of stayed calm and acted in a professional manner the man driving the car would of been given the chance to say that he had a permit.

Given that the officer acted as a bully the poor man never had a chance.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've met a few really nice cops, but some people just shouldn't be cops.

Don't do streroids kids. They make you angry.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Wasn't there just another thread about a cop beating a teenager for making a joke after he stepped in dog poop? Pretty sure there was. So a kid makes a joke, and gets a whoopin, yet a cop can threaten a mans life, with a gun mind you, and he'll get a verbal warning or paid leave or some nonsense like that?

Is it just me, or are US citizens starting to suffer the same injustices as the citizens from the very countries we despise for doing the same? How many times has our media bashed other countries for allowing law enforcement to completely abuse their rights to an extreme level? Now look at us. These threads pop up daily.

I wonder what would happen if I just said to a cop, "hmmmm, in another life, I'd like to kill you"? Not exactly a threat, and far, far less threatening then what this pig said. Yet, I bet I'd get beaten, and spend some time in a jail cell.
edit on 21-7-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
One poster on the site posted the precinct's Facebook page. Can't access it at the moment, unfortunately. Have to think the national attention is a nightmare. I'll bide my time till its back up, and give them an earful.

The cop should be sent in for evaluation. After the evaluation, he should be fired. His partner should also be severely reprimanded for not speaking up during the incident. I watched the video, and the driver did indeed (try to) offer up his legally required notification twice before the cop heard him on the third attempt and went crazy.

Anyone watching the video at the link, make sure you watch the other one at the bottom of the post. An obstinate pedestrian approached by a cop, while carrying a gun in California. The cop was a class act, very civil, very courteous. Should probably head to Ohio and talk to the moron cop there.
edit on 21-7-2011 by croweboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The guy may have lost his gun for the night... BUT I bet that cop looses his job for GOOD!
Now who's stupid?

edit on 21-7-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
The guy may have lost his gun for the night... BUT I bet that cop looses his job for GOOD!

So??? Who cares if he loses his job? If I did that at work, you think I'd simply get my walking papers? Is that what your boss would do to you? Can we use a little logic here?

If any citizen does that to someone else, they will go to prison for years. They'd be painted as a violent threat to society, and most likely do 10 or more years. Yet you're happy if he simply loses his job? You think that will solve this constant circle of cops abusing their rights?

If I act in a criminal way at work, and threaten a persons life with a weapon, you can be damn sure criminal charges will follow. That is EXACTLY what needs to happen. Criminal charges.

But go ahead and rejoice, if he gets fired, he can just apply as a pig somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow, just wow.

I support cops when needed but this cop is in way over his head. He just lost it totally.

That cop is so in the wrong.

Raist

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I did a quick Google search and found this on examiner.com:

UPDATE: In reaction to the YouTube video reproduced on this page, the Canton Police Department posted a statement today on its Facebook page, which for unexplained reasons is currently down. The message, signed by Police Chief Dean McKimm, read as follows:

I want to assure our citizens that the behavior, as demonstrated in this video, is wholly unacceptable and in complete contradiction to the professional standards we demand of our officers. As such, appropriate steps were placed in motion as dictated by our standards, policies and contractual obligations. Those steps included: The officer immediately being relieved of all duty. The incident has been referred to the Internal Affairs Bureau for what will be a complete and thorough investigation. As bad as the video indicates our officer’s actions were, there is a due process procedure to follow. That process is designed in the best interest of both our employees and the citizens at large. That process will be followed in this case as in all others. Anyone shown to be in violation of our rules and regulations will be help appropriately responsible as dictated by all the facts.

examiner.com

It sounds like this guy is off the streets for now. While I hate to see anyone lose their job, this guy is a threat to the general public. I sincerely hope he is removed from the police force.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

woah dude, you need to pull your tampon out....
I hope this cop gets what he deserves.... there is no rejoicing here.... just short for words...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Good to hear.

I want to hope that the guy did it due to stress, at least that would be an excuse if not an accetable excuse. I think though the guy might have some more serious issues though.

Dude totally flipped out. It sucks to see people lose a job, but the guy should not be a cop.

Raist

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Amazing thing number 1 - the video! Man, terrible behaviour.

Amazing thing number 2 - the police department isnot goig into immediate 'cover it up' mode, but seem to be acting to take the right steps. (For the moment at least)

Amazing thing number 3? Well, that cop. I have never seen anyone so frightened in my entire life. He was angry because he is scared of the work he is doing and frightened of facing guns. Who can blame him? Well actually - I blame him, he is a coward, and should be honest about it, and get the counselling he needs to be able to his job with some professionalism, and without being so frightened that he rants like this at innocent members of the public. Either that or he could get a job which does not frighten the life out of him.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
what a pathetic, roided-up, POS. the way he talked to this guy, I would seriously hope his record is checked. I wouldn't be surprised if hes got a couple kills under his belt. he basically admited he was itching for a reason to kill this guy, with 10 bullets no less!! now go back and remember all the police shootings where suspects get 6-10 shots pumped in them.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
reply to post by MysticPearl

woah dude, you need to pull your tampon out....
I hope this cop gets what he deserves.... there is no rejoicing here.... just short for words...

Too stupid to realize men don't use tampons? Or in your sexual explorations is that what you have found?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What I am curious about, and I am not sure about Ohio, but here in my state, we have ID cards for our CCW permits.

When asked for our ID, good practive is to hand over your ID WITH the CCW permit id.

A nice, easy, relaxed way to provide the officer the info, and let him know your carrying a firearm.

In the case of your state being one that allows all rightful owners to carry a firearm concealed, I would make up a little laminated card, and stick it with my licence/ID that indicates to the officer "For your knowledge, I am lawfully carrying a concealed firearm on my person at this time".

Situations like this could be avoided with such fore-sight, I believe.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Everybody on the LE side made a boat load of mistakes. If the driver was planning anything they would both be dead.

These kind of cops need to be weeded out of the system. Their own stupidity and agression put them in danger. To threaten an older lady and the CCH holder was beyond despicable. In my department the guy would be knee deep in hot water.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that before you conduct a search of a vehicle you're probably supposed to secure all persons inside it, and not rummage around with the driver still behind the wheel. If proper procedure would have been followed, this probably would not have happened.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh, awesome. Now the police force in my hometown are dickheads.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Talk about count to ten and breath slowly in no way did the guy deserve a punishment of any kind he tried to explain it all and even going as far to agree with the officer in false allegations and threats just to get him to calm down so he could have like five minutes to explain, yes fair enough it's a hard job being an officer of the law and some do get killed on the job because of ignorance and stupidity but this wasn't one of those moments the driver was calm surely that's no way to respond to him cursing and shouting.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The citizen: Had four minutes to advise the officers he was armed and didn't.

The officer: Unprofessional.

Solution: No concealed carry. Wear it on the hip like the Old West

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
First saw this story as a word of mouth thing from the citizens lawyer, and thought it might be a bit exagerated, but nope it's as bad as the attorney said it was. Not only did this officer abuse this citizen, he abused every citizen in that municipalities tax base financially. Even if he loses his job over this, he will not be held personally financially responsible for the settlement that this citizen deserves. That will be paid by the city and therefore by the taxpayers of that city.

Personally I think the officer should not only lose his job, but should also be charged criminally for the threats he made. The DA should not plea bargain and take it to a jury trial and see how this tough guy stands up in front of 12.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join