It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black Copter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm just posting this cause it was pretty cool. I live in San Antonio, it is not uncommon to see military aircraft daily here. Anyways, I was waiting for the bus when i saw a massive black helicopter. I didn't notice till it passed that it made no noise except for a few seconds after it had passed me. It was pretty cool. I live close to the medical center and hear helicopters all the time, they are only a fraction of the size of this massive one making almost no sound at all. I also have had the pleasure of seeing a green fireball at around 11pm while standing outside having a smoke. Just wanted to share my experience.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

Two unique sightings, sounds like you need a camera! Sounds cool though, what did the helicopter look like?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

Camera would have done no good in either situation. I didn't even relise that I had seen the so called "black helicopter" after It passed. It looked like the Yucon of helicopters. It was just a very large helicopter, that's the only reason i noticed it. I watch the sky here, just because we have beautiful clouds in south Texas in the summer. I really didn't relies how badass what I had seen was till after I got on the bus. That's when it clicked that holly crap that thing was massive and it only made noise for a couple seconds as it was passing me in the other direction.

The green fireball i went by fairly quick, and would not have been able to take a picture, at the time I didn't even know what one was. I thought I had seen a shooting star, I've seen tuns, but had ever seen one green like that. I went to look it up on the interwebs, and found out it was more likely that it was military activity

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I live in Corpus Christi Texas and sometimes go on to CC Naval Air Station I have seen the large black helos there

they are called BLACKHAWKS..
Flat black w/ no markeings

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

Was this the helicopter you saw? Or similar to it?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
YES, just to note I wasn't making this post to act if I had seen something way beyond the norm, It was just cool for me to see one, and none of my friends have the ability to acknowledge how cool it was. I just wanted to brag in front of people who would know what I'm talking about.
edit on 23-7-2011 by spiderbadarse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ok you need to be aware of a couple of things here and provide more information.

i saw a massive black helicopter. I didn't notice till it passed that it made no noise except for a few seconds after it had passed me...., ....and hear helicopters all the time, they are only a fraction of the size of this massive one making almost no sound at all...
Answer to lack of sound, wind. Even if there is apparently no wind on the ground there may be a significant breeze even a few hundred feet up. This can often cause any rotor or engine noise to be blown away from the observer making it appear almost silent. Further you haven't really told us anything about the helicopter at all. What shape was it? Did it have a twin or single rotor? How far away was it? What approximate altitude was it? How did you gauge it was "massive"? Was it actually black or a dark shade or just appeared black in silhouette. Why does this seem out of the ordinary to you?

I also have had the pleasure of seeing a green fireball at around 11pm while standing outside...
Common and familiar but always spectacular. Almost certainly one of two things, either an asteroid rich in copper, or a defunct satellite re-entering the atmosphere.

The green fireball i went by fairly quick, and would not have been able to take a picture, at the time I didn't even know what one was. I thought I had seen a shooting star, I've seen tuns, but had ever seen one green like that...
All things entering/re-entering the atmosphere move quick, especially meteor's, so getting a picture is admittedly very difficult. Further you need to have the camera set up to take night shots and that requires a tripod, a slow/open shutter speed, aperture as wide as you can go, and a fast ISO. However you did see a "shooting star" thats the colloquial name for a meteor sighting. As I said above the green colour is not unusual at all.

I went to look it up on the interwebs, and found out it was more likely that it was military activity....
I think you meant to say internet but no matter. As for it being likely military activity, pure rubbish fantasy by someone leading you astray. Exactly why would it have likely been military activity? Did the person who wrote what you read provide an excuse for it, or did you just believe it without questioning it? Better still just post the links here so all the member's can have a look. You have to realise that there are a lot of nut cases on the web who write fantasy and lies in order to make people either believe there delusions or try and gain friends or respect that they think they dont get in the real world.

I know you are young and haven't seen a lot of things yet and it is good that you are questioning what you see but in time you will learn to fine tune your BS filter and learn when to question. In the meantime how about you have a look at some pictures and see if you can narrow down the shape of the helicopter and get back to us with some answers to the questions I suggested. Also try and post a link to the claim that the meteor was suspected military activity and Im sure a few of us here can dig into it.

LEE.

edit on 24-7-2011 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
BTW, Blackhawks aren't all that big, and the Navy doesn't use Blackhawks they use Seahawks. If it was "massive" and belonged to the Navy (or Marines!) I'd say CH-53 Sea Knight. If it indeed was black, I'd say it was the Air Force equivilent, the Pave Low, as used by the Special Operations Air Wing (SOAR) out of Texas, possiably down there in Texas for some exercises or some such.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

Lot of exercises go on round theses parts. I live by Camp Bullis Military Training Reservation. One year there was a fire on a hill at the Camp. It looked to be atleast 2 acres. Don;t know what the hell they were doing,but it was put out like it was nothing. This was about 10 years ago when I lived across from the camp.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thebozeian

I really don't like the robot in the shell of a human that you are. Especially after trying to correct me on the term interwebs.

interweb
A rather humorous combination of the World Wide Web and Internet. Usually used in parody of someone who is fluent with IP.
You suck at teh Interweb.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thebozeian

iz you eggdrop script?

new topics

top topics

join