It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory drug testing of U.S. congressmen and Senators,Judges and district attorneys.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

why do you defend drug users running our government? are you a member of AL Qaeda?

Why are you arguing for less freedom instead of for more freedom?
Are you anti-American?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
see there you go using logic again, wrong wrong wrong.

That is the beauty of my law, The people of this country deserve the best and dope smoking losers should not be voting on the future of this country.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

government workers have no freedoms they are our employees and we determine the requirements of the position they are hired for.

See you are twisted. They are performing a job for me just like when you go to work for you employers and he requires you to not steal.

DO I have to explain everything?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

government workers have no freedoms they are our employees and we determine the requirements of the position they are hired for.

See you are twisted. They are performing a job for me just like when you go to work for you employers and he requires you to not steal.

DO I have to explain everything?

You are 100% correct about who's in charge.

In that case, we need to instruct them to eliminate this expensive and totally useless prohibition.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I agree mate! I hate prohibition! I find it despicable that a country would claim how free it is, then legislate what you put into your body.

I hope they change this. Vote me for president.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
How about no?

1. We need less drug testing and less drug laws.

2. Use of any given drug does not determine efficacy at one's job.

3. This will have no positive effect and will enrich laboratories at the expense of taxpayers.

I have to disagree with you, number 2 really? Yes as a matter of fact it does determine efficiency. Ever worked with someone who has a closet meth habit? Or someone who is so stoned at work they cant pull their head out of their arse's and pick up the tempo? Would you want a cop all methed out giving you a traffic stop? Chances are you either would not live through it or be hospitalized. Or a judge with a coc habit who makes a hasty judgement against you? Or a social worker who did not get your paperwork filed because they forgot, because they are stoned? You need to think past your nose on this one buddy, I'm all about a little 4:20 here and there, but lets get real, nobody wants someone high working around them, and causing hell in the work place. What about machinist jobs, think drug use wouldn't effect efficiency there? I do agree that we don't need drug testing for every job out there, but we need it for the high risk, high responsibility jobs however.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Since every job seems to require a drug test lets test the people who we let run our country!!!!

I say Mandatory drug testing for the president, 1 day before he signs any bill passed by congress.

Monthly Mandatory drug testing for all governors.
edit on 21-7-2011 by TaxpayersUnleashed because: mistyped

I agree. If you hold public office, from city/town government positions to the POTUS/House Rep/Senator/Supreme Court Judge......you should be drug tested 4 times a year and the results should be given to the public. You should support the rules and issues you stand behind.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I'm glad I don't live where most of you do. I have had many jobs over the years; and not once have I ever been asked to take a drug test.

thats pretty lucky, where have u worked so i can go apply!?!

2nd

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think this is a great idea.

While we're at it we should make them disclose their personal balance sheet for 10 years before and 10 years after they are in Congress. That way we can see how they go from earning $150k a year and sleeping in their Congressional office to being a billionaire after three terms.

Also while we're at we should make them rescind their right to free healthcare and full pensions after one term.

The best thing we could do with Washington is put a 10 foot high fence around it - set it on fire - and shoot anyone who tries to escape.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Metaphorically speaking of course..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join