It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Possession and/or Summoning Entities simply by reading?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I've read pieces of just about as many types of occult writings as I could get my hands on because I too hunger for knowledge. I've had one bad encounter with an entity, but I don't think it was because of what I was reading. If that were the case I think I'd have had a lot more bad encounters because it only pushed me to learn more. That being said... I do not read any kind of incantation out loud unless I intend to use it, I think that could be hazardous.

So no, I don't think reading things like that can cause you any harm. Depending on your mentality and the content of the reading, I'd say messing with your own head is more likely. In other words, if a certain subject makes you uneasy you might want to put it down and come back to it later if you feel up to it. No need to hurt yourself psychologically because you aren't ready for what you're looking into.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LemmyKautionu

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
reply to post by LemmyKautionu

Lemmy: thanks for your comment and I agree... self fulfilling prophecy. If you want something bad enough it's bound to happen or like I said on a different thread, if you knock on the Devils door long enough sooner or later he'll open it.

Thanks for saying you understand my viewpoint, anyone who knows something about paranormal studies knows enough to keep an open mind to the impossible but not an open door policy

What's the difference, in your opinion, between having a willingness, openess and strong desire to invite these entities in and a self fulfilling prophecy? I mean we can convince ourselves of just about anything, talk ourselves into anything right? I am interested to read what you have to say about that.

I'm not here to debunk or be debunked, I'm just here for the wonder of it all...

Thanks

Thats a tough one. I've been present in a haunted house when the family and reporters see an apparition yet I can't. Is that because I'm closed off because I don't truly believe or is it because the witnesses are open to suggestion!? That's why I've tried to take the belief out of the subject. I rely on cameras and sound recording equipment, etc, to capture the phenomena and then present these interesting snippets to audiences and let them decide what it all means. If you said to me as a believer to a sceptic that you could interact with your spirits I would never dream of debunking your claims but I would ask if you could produce evidence under controlled conditions on film. If you couldn't would that mean you're a fake!? Of course not but it says to me that the paranormal happenings are reliant on the witnesses mind being free from the restraints of having to either believe or not... It seems that people who are free spirits are able to contact the free spirits. People like me who are bogged down by our efforts of trying to explain how it all works are some how disconnected from it, if you get my meaning. As you say- "the wonder of it all!"

I know exactly what you mean. I've been in haunted places as well and I've never witnessed or even felt anything, while others claim to see things, feel energy, etc. You know how they say if you're looking too hard for something you'll never find it? I often wonder if that's the case. In those situations I feel that I am open enough to at least experience something... but not so open that I could be overwhelmed with something. Anyway, yeah I would want some kind of photo or recorded evidence as well but like you mentioned, just because there isn't that kind of evidence doesn't mean the individual isn't experiening something. Then again, like I mentioned before people can talk themselves into just about anything. Thanks for your input

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join