It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Possession and/or Summoning Entities simply by reading?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Our human perceptions only allow us to experience a small fraction of reality. There exists many frequencies of sound and energy that can not be directly observed by humans, but can be detected by other animals and technological instruments. This is the best evidence I have for the world of 'unseen entities' outside of my personal experiences.

Our thoughts are extremely powerful, for they are the spring from which our words and actions emerge.

By the action of simply reading satanic, demonic, or occult writings either silently or aloud, is this enough to open doors for possession or the summoning of 'unseen' entities?

John Todd, former occultist and illuminati insider, said that even owning such writings is enough to invite negative entities.

Can I read the writings of Aleister Crowley, Anton Lavey, or subjects such as Enochian and/or Black Magic, and other occult works without invoking entities?

I do not fear demons or ghosts, for I have strength in Love. However, I do not wish to invite any entities into my home unnecessarily or cause negative situations for my family.

What are the possible 'negative' effects of reading and owning occult writings, and what are precautions I should take? Thanks in advance, and may Peace be upon us all.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm no professor of magic but if you're worried about the negative aspect of the occult before getting into it i'd advise against it. Personally i don't believe in the whole external entities bit but i do believe magic can stir up some pretty weird things from within your own mind.

I've know a few guys lose the plot from getting into the occult, but then again they were pretty shot away to begin with. One insisted he needed to carry around magical symbols on bits of paper or the bad spirits would get him. It's a highway to nowhere in most cases - try buddism ! loads safer.

Oh yeah forgot to say i've read quite a lot of occult literature and it doesn't seem to be particularly dangerous, but then again it depends on if you intend to practice it or not. To me it seems mainly about realising you create your own reality - there ya go i've saved you months of study !
edit on 21-7-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Five years ago I would have said No problem, read what you want to read. Now, I realize that our thoughts are very powerful, and our thoughts manifest our reality in some sort of mannor, and by default what you say could be possible or at least open up the possibility.

What a profound realization if it were to be true. I have been a prolific reader of everything paranormal or occult I have ever been able to get ahold of, and maybe that has influenced my own reality more than I ever realized. It remains interesting...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The human condition is that of free will - you can choose what you want in your life and don't want.

Simply be realizing that we are stronger than these forces allows us to be.

You must invite them in.... You must choose it.

Reading or owning information alone is not enough.

However, why would you want to own or read such works? They are only tools to make you weaker. They are designed in very idea to make you lose your faith...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have an extensive library including all the writers you mentioned, as well as more. I can appreciate your cautiousness, and as someone who has been on both sides of the veil, I can tell you that even though you casually read or study such materials, you are not, NOT in fact, calling upon the Chaotic to enter your domicile or person. If you have any doubts at all, first I would prescribe sanctifying your home and making sure that you make it clear on the aether that you have absolutely no intention of welcoming any malignant force whatsoever into your life, your world, your domain, or into those you love and cherish. You are not inviting anything with dire motives into your existance, and you won't tolerate such incursions and they will be delt with severely. ( Granted this is sort of a 'marking your territory' or 'peeing on the trees' in both astral and physical realms, but it will be seen and recognized)
Now, if you screw up and decide to chant the name of some demon while meditating on the evil it can cause, thats your fault, and you will be screwed with a houseguest or few hundred and they won't go unless there is a force of nature to cleanse the domicile, or you can pay some one to perform an exercism which might or might not work.
Just be mindful, make your boundries known clearly, and enjoy your studies!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

I'd say the fact you have to read and program your mind with concepts derived from the occult before you have the weird experiences seems to indicate to me that it all comes from within your own mind - should fill your mind with good things rather than shady aspect of existence.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have read all of these documents, as well as Manly P. Hall, Blavatsky, and Albert Pike. The key is which spirit you listen to. They all represent Theosophy according to a broad viewpoint. If you are grounded in rightly divided biblical scripture, then you are on solid ground to rightly divide truth from counterfeit. Counterfeit words are a seed of untruth wrapped in a package of some semblance of truth. It is impossible to trick the mind if some truth is not included in the packet of information. My personal experience says to avoid anything until you have the Bible in your head. I have spent many years reading and have a large personal library. I return to the Bible now after reading the rest. It's all you need. If you really want a source that is cleansed from the rest, consider this:

Start with As a Man Thinketh by James Allen. It's all free on the internet in recorded format and pdf. The book I just suggested by Allen is a mirror of the Dhammapada, but written from a western biblical perspective. After you read it, order a used copy of his complete works. It's all the wisdom you will ever require and looks like a phone book. It is biblically based, sifting out from all wisdom traditions that can be rightly divided according to truth. Allen is ripe with amazing insight, clever writing and an immensity of thought. He does not enter the territory of occult, but is esoteric in nature.

Originally posted by Sahabi
Our human perceptions only allow us to experience a small fraction of reality. There exists many frequencies of sound and energy that can not be directly observed by humans, but can be detected by other animals and technological instruments. This is the best evidence I have for the world of 'unseen entities' outside of my personal experiences.

Our thoughts are extremely powerful, for they are the spring from which our words and actions emerge.

By the action of simply reading satanic, demonic, or occult writings either silently or aloud, is this enough to open doors for possession or the summoning of 'unseen' entities?

John Todd, former occultist and illuminati insider, said that even owning such writings is enough to invite negative entities.

Can I read the writings of Aleister Crowley, Anton Lavey, or subjects such as Enochian and/or Black Magic, and other occult works without invoking entities?

I do not fear demons or ghosts, for I have strength in Love. However, I do not wish to invite any entities into my home unnecessarily or cause negative situations for my family.

What are the possible 'negative' effects of reading and owning occult writings, and what are precautions I should take? Thanks in advance, and may Peace be upon us all.

edit on 21-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the comments so far.

I would say I am very well rooted on the "good side of the force." I strive for Love, Forgiveness, and Understanding. I work towards a life of STO (service to others), and try to be a beacon of light.

I have had several interactions with 'unseen' entities, and always have successfully asked them with respect to leave me, my family, and my home alone. I do not fear such beings, for I know we all come from the same source. I respect them in the way I respect a wild bear, but I do not fear. My family gives no heed or acknowledgment to the spiritual world, so I do not want to bring burden onto them through my research.

In no way do I intend to practice magick, perform any rituals, or summon anything. I simply wish to learn to better understand the "dark side of the force." I do not consider occultists as my enemies, but since I follow the path of Love I want to learn their understandings of existence and reality.

I am grounded in my understandings of manifestation through intent and thought, this is why I ask of reading occult will draw entities into the lives of my family.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Without a solid foundation of principles to live by, a person opens themselves up to all sorts of suggestions.

Even those who claim to be devoutly religious are still subject to psychological (call it spiritual if you wish) influence, unless they live life according to an unwavering set of principles founded on common sense and personal integrity.

We can "believe" in a savior or higher power all day long, but unless we know exactly what we stand for, and what we will or will not accept, the power of simple suggestion will always have a chance of taking hold.

Demons In All Of Us?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

If you want contact you'll have it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

There are no demons. Yes there are spiritual beings but no demons. They are products of overactive imaginations only. Illogical. They would serve no useful purpose. There is no place for them in the grand scheme of things. Ain't no Satan either. There are people in spirit. Some good. Some up to no good. It is these last who are thought to be demons or devils. Ain't no such thing though. Get confronted by a "demon". Tell him/her to go fly a kite. They can't do a thing about it and they can't possess you or anything else. All they can do is hide in the closet and say "Boo". Now if that scares you then run away but don't claim it was a demon. There ain't none.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

IMHO & for what it's worth I sure do believe in theses dark forces / negative entities. I also believe they long to be acknowledged. somehow acknowledgement gives them power and who knows maybe even a foothold in ones life. I'm glad you are strong enough in your convictions to be able to give them the boot and tell them they are unwelcome. sometimes I think that strength makes you all the more appealing. don't you think they would prefer to be victorious over someone of strong conviction & moral fiber? the weak of mind are probably a dime a dozen but if a dark entity is able to overpower or control or have some influence over someone worth their salt maybe that garners these negative forces all the more power. who knows. I have often thought about reading the things you speak of but have no desire to be f'd with. life is challenging enough somedays without the dark dudes hovering & salivating. bottom line; I think we should acknowledge them, fear them in a respectful way knowing in our hearts they have no real power over us unless we give it to them. but I don't think they need any added attention which your reading & studies might surely give them. good luck.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have followed the path of Lord Buddha, and although I am no longer a Buddhist, I use many of Gautama's teachings in my daily life. His teachings have helped me to progress past some of my personal barriers of reality, meditation, and understanding. Additionally, I have learned the power of intent, thought, and manifestation through my studies of New Age and esoteric teachings. Thanks

reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

However, why would you want to own or read such works? They are only tools to make you weaker. They are designed in very idea to make you lose your faith...

I do not follow anything simply based on belief. I do as I do based on experience. I know and understand magick is powerful, yet I have chosen Love as my path, with awareness and intent as my power. I want to learn more to gain further insight into their domain and understandings. I am fully aware of my foundations and path, so I feel safe in simply learning. Thank you for your concerns

reply to post by volafox

I do often claim and cleanse my home when I encounter or feel any 'negative' entities, thank you for that great advice. Personally, I already am in complete agreement to your posts. My main subject of concern is for the safety of my non-spiritually inclined family. Thank you.

reply to post by SuperiorEd

Thank you for your cautions and recommendation. I am no longer a Christian, however, I do still read the Bible and incorporate much of its wisdom into my daily life. The greatest foundation that I stand on is the words of Jesus when he said the greatest commandment is to love God with all your heart and soul, then the next greatest is to love your neighbor as yourself. God describes Himself as Alpha, Omega, First, Last, and All. So my understanding of God is not anthropomorphic, but instead pantheistic. So I take this to understand that God is within EVERYTHING, so to Love EVERYTHING is to Love God. I do quote the words of Jesus from the Gospels more than any other spiritual leader I have studied.

reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I have intensely followed and studied religion and spirituality for over a decade now. I do understand your post, and I do have my own personal foundations established firmly. Love, Forgiveness, Understanding, Helping, and Caring are among the moral principles I live by. My seeking is not to gain power through demons, but to simply understand.

edit on 7/21/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sahabi

Assuming that the mind is the gateway for any type of summoning to occur and that these other beings actually exist I think it would all depend on intention. From what I learned about the mind it seems like you manifest what your thoughts desire. Assuming thats true I think the only way this could occur is if you are reading with the intention of brining these things about or to you

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

It happened to a friend of mine when I was in highschool. He told me what he was going to read and said he would read it audibly. I told him to stay away from anything like that but he didn't listen. He went insane and is still in a mental institution. He came to me for help after it happened, but he was already too far gone. He was terrified for his life and his soul.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I do not want to invoke contact. However, I have always had contact ever since my earliest childhood memories. I have an understanding that we all come from the same source and that we share the world with the unseen, so I am not in denial nor do I fear such. And even when contact does occur, I have always asked them to leave successfully. I treat 'unseen' entities as Iwould a wild animal. I stand my ground with understanding and respect.

reply to post by trailertrash

Thank you for your insights. Imagination, ghosts, demons, extra-dimensional entities.... all I know is I have much experience with them, and I have always nicely asked them to leave and they do. Respect and firmness is my state of mind when I deal with such beings.

reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

Nice post, and thank you. Perhaps I have had so many 'paranormal' experiences because of my "spiritual power." Your reasoning makes all the sense. I don't want to give them a reason to come around, but I simply want to learn more. Thank you for your warning.

reply to post by acmpnsfal

Personally, I agree with the concept and power of intention. I just didn't want to jump into heavy studies with my assumptions. That's why I opened this thread to gain insight from those experienced with demonic, satanic, and occult teachings. I am experienced and knowledged in my own spirituality, but not so much so in the 'darker' realms.

reply to post by Egyptia

Very unfortunate for your friend, and thank you for sharing. Do you think your friend's down-turn may have occured because he was not grounded in his own spirituality, or further understandings of reality? I am firm in my foundations and principles, so I do not fear that what happened to your friend may happen to me. I've spent over a decade studying and practicing the 'good' side of spirituality. I feel empowered and safe from evil, not in arrogance but in Love and understanding.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

My friend had no indication of instability beforehand. From what I witnessed, he was dealing with forces that were beyond the human realm, treacherous and dangerous. Forces that are ancient and evil. When you embark on such a journey you invite them into your world. Their sole purpose is to steal your soul and keep it from the truth.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I do not want to invoke contact. However, I have always had contact ever since my earliest childhood memories. I have an understanding that we all come from the same source and that we share the world with the unseen, so I am not in denial nor do I fear such. And even when contact does occur, I have always asked them to leave successfully. I treat 'unseen' entities as Iwould a wild animal. I stand my ground with understanding and respect.

Well that's good. I've had a few cases of contact myself. And some residual psychic attacks that were pretty uncomfortable. It was all accomplished through intent and openness. Some of the things that exist outside our perception are pretty horrifying. Some are beautiful beyond words. They are all awesome beyond imagination.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
From the general tone and level of awareness you've shown in your posts I don't think you need what can be gained from occult literature, you seem to have the basics pretty firmly established anyway. Maybe try and meet like minded individuals in your area and get a few discussions going. There's a lot of paths but they mostly lead to the same place.

Ha, as an after thought someone whould really change the name of "the occult". What with the invention of the internet it's not exactly hidden anymore

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Thank you again for your further elaboration. I know there is a vastness of both unseen and unknown, and my intent is to learn, not to invite. Many political and military minds have said it is foolish to not know your adversary. Even in the game of chess this is so. I do not take satanists or occultists as my adversaries, but they are 'typically' placed on the opposing side of my studies by societal norms. To study their understandings I hope to gain respectful insight, not trouble.

I do not mean to sound prejudice against 'youngsters,' however you mentioned this happened in highschool. I do understand that spirituality, insight, knowledge, and wisdom is not exclusive to any age group, but I feel your friend may have opened a door of which he was not prepared to open, either by ignorance or by lack of knowledge of self. May sympathies to your friend. May Peace be upon you.

Interesting experiences in that OP. And I agree, just as in our 'normal' physical world, there are both horrendous and glorious beings in the 'unseen.' Unseen may be dimensionally, vibrationally, or any other realities academia has yet to categorize. My past experiences used to be met with fear until I fully understood that all come from the same source and none have power over me. I even say these things aloud when dealing with entities. They may have the power to harm or even kill me, but so do humans. I do not encounter humans with fear for what they may potentially do to me, I embrace them in mutual understanding of Love as a brother or sister. This same concept I also apply to the unseen. "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil."

Thank you for the confidence in my awareness.
I am quite humbled, for I know I still have much to learn and experience. I have been interested in making new friends with like-minded people in my area, but so far to no avail. I fully agree with you that many paths lead to the same end. I see all the different religions and belief systems utilizing and trying to understand the same 'spirituality.'

I think it is still safe to call hidden knowledge 'occult.' There is massive amounts of purposefully placed disinformation and unintentional ignorance flooding the Internet and book shelves. Even when true knowledge is presented among garbage, it still takes correct understanding and a discerning heart to grasp the correct information. May Peace be with you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join