It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UPS (and DOWNS) and gasoline prices in your area. What are you paying now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I was wondering what gas prices are in your area? If they had gone down (just a week or so ago), just to shoot back up again (quickly).

I am in southern VA. The gas prices in my area had hit a high of 3.92 per gallon. A couple weeks ago, we started to see the prices go down, as low as $3.12 per gallon. That only lasted 3 days. Now we are heading back up the ladder, as of today $3.67 per gallon

Any other areas seen the prices go down recently? . And shoot back up again?

Moderator Note: I wasn't sure where to put this, if its in the wrong area please move.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
UK = $9 a gallon

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

That's weird! We just had that happen here in our little town. We have 4 different companies with gas stations and two of them lowered their prices first. We were told it was a price war. It went from 3.89 to 3.18. None of the towns around us had prices this low, so we were hammered for 4 days with people coming from everywhere. There was even an article in the LSG this morning, but the prices had already gone up.

Oh well, I filled up at 3.18 but it is a sad state when people are excited about 3.18/gal. gas.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just paid $3.92 myself for diesel on the reservation. Off the rez it's about 20 cents higher. Western Wasshington State. Suquamish Tribe.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm in the Central Texas area 89 grade was 3.74 this morning usually I'm in 3.45-3.60 area from what I can remember

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Southeast Georgia, About 45 Miles from Florida border on Atlantic Coast about $3.64 a gallon..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
In the Netherlands $9,13 gallon.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
this subject as been DONE to death .. ~!! just go to
gasbuddy.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Upstate (NW corner) SC.....prices went as low as 3.09/gal at the WallyWorld, now back up to 3.59/gal in the span of about 2 1/2 weeks. Sources tell me to expect it to level at about 3.80/gal for the remainder of the summer. We are fortunate here to have the lowest prices in the country, and history says that if we are around 3.80 then most of the rest of you will be at or just over 4/gal.

Cheap fuel drives our economy, it amazes me why you don't hear more people talking about energy cost as an ongoing indicator of the state of the economy. I have said over and over, to mostly deaf ears, that the recession we find ourselves in was not precipitated by bad housing loans, but by the spike in gas in the spring and summer of 08. The bad housing loans came about as people already stretched thin by overreaching had to make hard choices and gas for the vehicle usually comes first.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A few weeks ago there was oil released from the strategic reserve, resulting in temporary price reductions. However now that we burned thru that temporary release gas prices are rising back up to where they were.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
$3.50 per gallon. Puerto Rico

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
HELLOJUST like last year the gas prices went down around the 4 of July festivities,after that consider yourself paying the everyday increase of the gas,no matter were you live,the difference will be at least .15 to .40 cts give it or take it,the fall of the gas prices was just to have people booked on summer vacations and hotel reservations that 'were' cheap,and this trick just give the consumer some confidence in their summer expending,merely just an observer the similar estrategy was used last year around 4 of July.VERY GOOD INDEED.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
just paid 3.89 in south philadelphia pa

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Labrador, Canada is $ 1.42 per litre.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
In SF. Seems to hover around the $4.00 mark, sometimes slightly higher then elsewhere a tad lower. I can't figure out how the heck these guys figure out what to charge.

Originally posted by schuyler
Just paid $3.92 myself for diesel on the reservation. Off the rez it's about 20 cents higher. Western Wasshington State. Suquamish Tribe.

Say hi to Poulsbo for me!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
$1.35 (Canadian) per liter of diesel in the lower mainland BC.

That's $5.11 a gallon (Canadian, even more after converting to US dollars. The loony is at about 1.05 to the Dollar.

top topics

join