It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dwarf X

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Baaaahahahaha!! Loved this show-- so glad it's returning!
I wouldn't have known if it wasn't in your sig. Thank you! :-D

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
red dwarf x teaser trailer...

uktv.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As it comes closer to the day of the dwarf, i thought id share some of my favourite dwarfer moments.

in no specific order.

Everybody's Dead Dave.

Lister and Rimmer Marooned.

It's winnie the Pooh!

It's a Banana!

Do you have a magic Carpet?

I am Tarka Dal.

ok last one..The Riviera Kid.

Hope you enjoyed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Magic carpet is without a doubt the best thing on the show EVER

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
all classic clips

I cant find a clip for it but I love the bit where rimmer wakes lister up... lister are you awake?

another one I love is from holoship, lister to red dwarf

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The advert has been made and here it is.

corrie really has aged lister.

uktv.co.uk Dave reddwarf news

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but the first episode of this new series has screened, and most reviews agree with mine - that its actually quite good.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Im so annoyed that I missed it
had been wanting to watch it since it was first announced and then the day of the show it completely slipped my mind.
Does anyone know if its being repeated during the week?

ETA
I just answered my own question
Red Dwarf X is next on at 10:00 pm on Saturday, 6th October on Dave.(repeat of the first show)
edit on 5-10-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by alfa1

Im so annoyed that I missed it
had been wanting to watch it since it was first announced and then the day of the show it completely slipped my mind.
Does anyone know if its being repeated during the week?

ETA
I just answered my own question
Red Dwarf X is next on at 10:00 pm on Saturday, 6th October on Dave.(repeat of the first show)
edit on 5-10-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

You can see it on Dave Demand-

uktv.co.uk...

I was pleasantly surprised

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

i missed it too, finished work at 9, got home at 10:30.
it's on later tonight so i'll watch it then.
my sister who is a big dwarfer said it was good though so i am still looking forward to watching it.

thanks everyone for not posting spoilers

edit on 6/10/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I just saw the first epi (of series X) or not though it was definatly series X, it was OK, i'm a big fan of the classic originals, I did NOT like their last trip to Earth when Dave met Craig Charles, so i'm happy it never went anywere near that direction.

Gonna need a few more epi's to decide.
Seems petty but I think they're just a bit too old now.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Loving this series so far. Brilliant acting, good scripts it's taking me right back.
"chinese whiskers"
It's great to laugh at the T.V again !!

edit on 18-10-2012 by BuggingWicked because: added another laugh !

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BuggingWicked

yeah that made me laugh.
missed every episode so far because of work and have to wait a few days for the repeat.

if any of you miss an episode there is a repeat on saturday and you can watch them on uktv.co.uk/dave but they only keep each episode for 7 days.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Loved the new episode on Dave the other night. Where they were sent back to 23AD and had to travel to India where the entire episode was spent thinking the crew had actually met jesus, showed him the bible, he went crazy learning that he was about to create history, before discovering there's about 70 other jesus's in the village!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ah what can I say I've been a dwarfer since I was lucky enough to see the very first episode quite by chance when it was first aired.

I mean it was totally different to anything else at the time.The relationshi between Lister and Rimmer who detested each other and everything the other stood for made for some raw,cutting dialogue that made it so funny.

Then with the vain,cool Cat,bumbling yet knowing Holly and the situation which added a degree of science fiction bordering on the metaphysical that was often quite pointed there was nothing quite like Red Dwarf at the time.

The first to fifth series were in my view the classic Dwarf,with the 1st,3rd and 5th being the best.

The sixth wasnt bad but it seemed to lose those witty scripts,sharp dialogue and clever little plot twists each episode that had been the hallmark of its success relying more on familiar gags you could see coming.

So I have to admit it was with a touch of excitement but a healthy dose of recent experience that I greeted the start of Red Dwarf X,a new series going out of my birthday of all days.

I have to admit at a small degree of surprise at the first two episodes.Ok it wasnt breaking new ground or a return to the glory days but they'd made the effort which goes a long way but the 3rd episode shown a few days ago had me in stitches with the business about Jesus,great stuff and it bodes well that the series is getting into its stride now.

Up the Ziggernaut,lickety split

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Its not got that raw charm it had in the first few series.

Im finding it a little like, how can i put this, im trying too hard to enjoy the new episodes, theres a few good laughs but i find myself wanting to reach for my remote just encase theres something better on.

That was hard to say for definitely a fan, to those that watched all the series this seems like some good new jokes thrown in with the 7-9 feel - if that makes any sense to anyone else i dont know.

I expect i will watch the new series completely, but im not going to be kicking myself if i miss one and have to catch up online.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It's got to the point now where I really don't care how bad it is, and it's not been great, I just feel deeply comforted whenever I'm sat watching it. It's like an old friend popping in for a couple of beers.

And whoever said that series VIII was poor needs their head examining.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

i agree, series VIII was way worse than poor.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
It's got to the point now where I really don't care how bad it is, and it's not been great, I just feel deeply comforted whenever I'm sat watching it. It's like an old friend popping in for a couple of beers.

And whoever said that series VIII was poor needs their head examining.

I agree it's great to see them back together again although I think some of the episodes have been really good.

The main gag in episode 5's 'Dear Dave' was hilarious, especially Rimmer and Kryten's reaction which was followed by a very funny Cat scene as well

I've enjoyed them all except 'Lemons' was an awful episode IMO, perhaps the worst ever Red Dwarf episode, but that is just my opinion

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Series finished on a brilliant episode

Doug Naylor seemingly left the best story and highest budget for the series finale.

I got a feeling watching it this may have been taken from some of the abandoned movie script, plenty of laughs and a great story which centered around my favourite character from the show

Apart from Fringe this has been the only TV show I've watched and I'm so glad they got together to make this series, thanks to Dave for putting it on I don't know why the BBC never got behind it. I guess they were too busy making propaganda shows such as 7/7 Conspiracy Road Trip.

Red Dwarf X

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join