It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Romney still ahead, but with big vulnerabilities in quest for GOP nod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Checked my email today and got one about the GOP race. The information is pretty obvious to anyone that's been following the campaign trail, so to speak. What I thought was interesting was some of the parts of the article. Now, keep in mind this is a Washington Post write-up, so it has a liberal spin to it.

Mitt Romney leads the wide-open contest for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. But a new Washington Post-ABC News poll underscores his vulnerabilities as a front-runner, as well as Sarah Palin’s lingering power to shake up the race if she decides to run.

Sarah Palin still in the race huh?

The former Massachusetts governor again tops the field, with Palin second and Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) third. Without Palin, Bachmann moves to second, and Rep. Ron Paul (Tex.) runs third, the only other candidate to score in double digits.

So we Romney, then Bachmann and then Ron Paul. I thought it was interesting that they decided to include Dr. Paul in this Poll, since they seem to have missed him in the recent ABC Poll. But what's really surprising is that Palin is still in second, even though she says she has no plan on running....

Without Palin in the race, Romney tops the field at 30 percent to Bachmann’s 16 percent, with Paul at 11 percent. Perry is at 8 percent.

Paul at 11%? That's pretty good, considering his being shunned from the Mainstream Media.

Even though they mention Ron Paul, they still made sure to keep it quiet. Bachmann, Romney and Palin got all the attention in the article, while Paul only got mentioned in the statistics. Not once did they expand on his success thus far or anything about American opinion on him. I just hope for America's sake that Sarah Palin does not run. The horror!

Your opinions, thoughts, anything to add?

Article

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

The Washington Post has been spewing nonsense for awhile. I'm completely use to the MSM outlets giving Romney tons of support while blatantly ignoring Dr. Paul. It still upsets me sometimes but I've already accepted the fact that unlike other candidates, Ron Paul will be sent to Washington BY the People. He won't get the corporate handouts like Romney. His donations are cash in hand - from the grassroots. Can be spent immediately, not when the pledges finally arrive. Dr. Paul is use to it as well.

We'll keep pushing. The r3VOLution has only just begun...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
None of the major media networks can be relied on for honest answers. CNN, FOX, NBC etc are all subsidiaries of the same corporation. CNN aired 0% for Ron Paul for the June debate whereas the online poll had him at 80% with over 65k people voting. Its all scripted if its in the local news about politics. They pulled this in the 08 election. We air it so you shall believe it.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

What made me see the manipulation.
www.opednews.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Oh I've seen it for years now, its just this election in particular it has been really bad. Not that '08 wasn't. With all the news channels pushing for Obama completely. I just find it irritating that it's impossible to find good opinion polls that aren't manipulated.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Romney tops the field at 30 percent

30 percent are either brainless,sheeps, or clueless.

They still think Romney will be any different then bush? thats a funny one they are all the same

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Romney would likely be much worse. He'd have the terror nonsense and the war mongering as Bush but he'd also have all the national abuses that Clinton and Reno had going for them.

Romney is a huge big gov totalitarian who's gone on record supporting things like the AWB and of course there's that Romneycare thing.

Now that I think about Romney would be the perfect next POTUS. He has all the worst qualities of Clinton, Bush and Obama in one smiling jackass of a package.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think theses polls are taken solely by lobbyists and other politicians. The corporate donations record show who's favored. They usually match up with the poll ratings. The following is a link to many resources of recent polls before the major media realized that Ron Paul was coming out swinging. The current misinfo out there now is the response. Still, no major stories or events to swing such a large percentage of voters.
rp12.us...
file:///Users/mycomputer/Desktop/2012%20Polls%20%7C%20RP12.us%20-%20URL%20Shortener%20for%20Ron%20Paul%202012%20Related%20Links..webarchive

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Poor Mittens. Obama's more of a Republican than him. He just looks like a corporate tool with a ken and barbie hairdo.

He's the GOPS sacrificial lamb in 2012.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
These polls where the general public, not just those who'll pay to take poll surveys, on Facebook and and the Republican 2012 straw poll say Ron Paul is a little more popular than that. Don't get sucked into the lies.
www.facebook.com...
liberatedtruth.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Romney tops the field at 30 percent

30 percent are either brainless,sheeps, or clueless.

They still think Romney will be any different then bush? thats a funny one they are all the same

Are you under the impression that GOP voters DONT want another Bush?

They voted for him twice! Don't believe them when they say they didnt.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You know, if we had Obama, Reid, Boehner and Romney actually try to explain the economics of why we are in the mess we are in I am sure that Romney is the only one who could pull it off.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
Checked my email today and got one about the GOP race. The information is pretty obvious to anyone that's been following the campaign trail, so to speak. What I thought was interesting was some of the parts of the article. Now, keep in mind this is a Washington Post write-up, so it has a liberal spin to it.

Mitt Romney leads the wide-open contest for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. But a new Washington Post-ABC News poll underscores his vulnerabilities as a front-runner, as well as Sarah Palin’s lingering power to shake up the race if she decides to run.

Sarah Palin still in the race huh?

The former Massachusetts governor again tops the field, with Palin second and Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) third. Without Palin, Bachmann moves to second, and Rep. Ron Paul (Tex.) runs third, the only other candidate to score in double digits.

So we Romney, then Bachmann and then Ron Paul. I thought it was interesting that they decided to include Dr. Paul in this Poll, since they seem to have missed him in the recent ABC Poll. But what's really surprising is that Palin is still in second, even though she says she has no plan on running....

Without Palin in the race, Romney tops the field at 30 percent to Bachmann’s 16 percent, with Paul at 11 percent. Perry is at 8 percent.

Paul at 11%? That's pretty good, considering his being shunned from the Mainstream Media.

Even though they mention Ron Paul, they still made sure to keep it quiet. Bachmann, Romney and Palin got all the attention in the article, while Paul only got mentioned in the statistics. Not once did they expand on his success thus far or anything about American opinion on him. I just hope for America's sake that Sarah Palin does not run. The horror!

Your opinions, thoughts, anything to add?

Article

If Romney or any-other person other than Bachmann or Paul win the Republican nomination, it will break the Party. I know I personally intend to leave the Party if anyone other then them win, and I have heard others echoing a similar sentiment.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't put much stock into the polls. The media is pushing Romney because they know that Obama will stomp him into dust in the general election. The problem for Romney will be in winning the primaries, and to be honest, I don't know why a conservative would want to cast a vote for him. I know that a lot of them won't bother, myself included.

top topics

join