It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Old Republic pre-ordering is now available! score!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
www.swtor.com...

I've been waiting for this game for a long time. Pre-orders for the game went live today! Already got my preorder set up

For those of you unaware, TOR is a star wars MMO. It's made by BIOWARE who is now owned by EA.

Here are some trailers for the game:

decieved
www.swtor.com...

hope
www.swtor.com...

return
www.swtor.com...

Right now TOR is in closed beta testing untill launch. There will be no open beta. So far the launch date is not set, however it will be before the end of fiscal 2011.

Here's a link to more info about star wars the old republic.

SW:TOR

here's some game play from bioware. Keep in mind that for the video they're doing things so that you can see them. things are more fast paced when you're actually playing the game.

edit on 21-7-2011 by optimus primal because: added gameplay video imbed

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am not holding my breath for it to be released this year. It will be pushed back, I know it will. However, I am not even sure I plan to play it. A lot of people seem to think it will be a huge let down.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

it will be released this year. and it's really fun to play. don't let other people ruin it for you!

It's not star wars galaxies 2. i think a lot of those who are "disappointed" with it, thought it would be. bioware never claimed it would be, and it isn't swg 2. trust me though, it's a pretty awesome game.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

If you click on the Amazon link, release date states Dec 31, 2011. Happy New Years!

Khar

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

that's their estimate. it's not the "written in stone actual bioware" release date. i know for sure it wont be released before the middle of september, it could be anywhere in between there and end of bioware's fiscal 2011.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I quit playing MMORPG:s a few years ago now, and my life is alot better for it. Won´t go back to that swamp of nothingness again, the more ppl play them the more the world will decay.

Although i admit, they can be VERY alluring.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

i'm sure the same has been said for console games and "rock and roll"

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

got as much chance of seeing this before the end of the world as diablo 3

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

why do you say that?

to be honest guys and gals, i just wanted to spread the word to ats about a game i really really like. what's with all the negative nellies? i wish i could tell you everything i know about the game and how i know it will be out this year. but all i can say is that i am a tester in the TOR beta and i can't tell you anything else. just trust me, it's coming, and you'll love it, if you're into star wars and MMO's.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Is it's look or gameplayability (!) in the range of Mass Effect? ( Let's say ME2 ) I am currently playing it all from the beginning again...

I am a big fan of Star Wars and is just old enough to have seen it the first month it got released ( I mean episode IV ), and I think I have played every one of their games.

And don't let people put you down. If they don't like this, it's their loss. ( Unless they spent too much time on games! )

As for consoles and Rock'n'Roll, have you see the state of the world lately?...

edit on 21-7-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

sorry for the negative nellies, i just remember signing up for the beta for this a looooooooooooooooooong time ago in a galaxy far, far, welll ok this one...

which is nearly as long as i've been waiting for d3

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I will not pay a monthly fee to play a video game.
If they drop that i'm in.

I loved Kotor 2, never played Kotor 1 (I know many say it's 10x better).

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

sorry man, there's going to be a monthly fee. it's an mmo. while there are mmos that don't have a monthly fee, you can usually tell by the quality of the game. it's a shame you wont be playing

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Is it only on PC? If it is I couldn't ever anyway.
I'm just watching the trailers, It looks badass, well that Malgus Geezer certainly does.

I can't view youtube here, but are there any gameplay vids.

As I said I loved Kotor 2 even though it was the bad one (so to speak).
Exceptions can be made for good quality gameing.

So yeah is it on consoles? If it is will there be any downloadable demo for it?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

sorry for the negative nellies, i just remember signing up for the beta for this a looooooooooooooooooong time ago in a galaxy far, far, welll ok this one...

which is nearly as long as i've been waiting for d3

Same, I signed up for the beta a long time ago.

OP when to you get to start the beta?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just saw the gameplay trailer on the official site, When it says PvP warzones, does that mean we can't just attack others whenever?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

yep it's only for pc.

here's some extra gameplay , other than the tattoine vid i embedded in the original post. it takes place on alderaan. the guy they're after is boris ulgo.

edit to add: be aware that this is at E3, the guy playing in the vid is not experienced with TOR's setup or his character. so he does a lot of clicking etc.
edit on 21-7-2011 by optimus primal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

are you speaking to me about the beta? if so i've been in it for awhile.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

warzones are like battlegrounds. it's instanced pvp. however there will be openworld pvp as well as pvp servers. so pvp is not quarantined to instances.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oh neat! just reading transcripts of comic-con from Darth Hater. if you are interested in this game and still haven't signed up for beta testing, do so! coming in september they'll be doing beta weekends!

So there's one other question that people are probably wondering which is, "When can we play the game? I'm going to give you a couple answers. The first one is that we are doing our very large beta testing weekends coming up very soon in September. So if you have not signed up on starwarstheoldrepublic.com to be one of our testers, do so. We're going to be allowing huge numbers of people in. If you haven't gotten in yet, this is going to be your best chance to do so. So sign up right now to be one of our testers, and there's a very very good chance you'll be playing the game in September. We're going to be inviting thousands and thousands of people to jump into the game, try it out, and give us their feedback

Darth Hater transcript of TOR panel at comic con

join