It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to revoke 1,800 allegedly fraudulent citizenships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

www.winnipegfreepress.com

According to Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, most of the targeted individuals were counselled by three or four crooked immigration consultants on how to concoct fake proof of residency in Canada.

To become a citizen, a person is supposed to have lived in Canada for three out of four years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.vancouversun.com
www.deccanherald.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Canada has been criticized by some as being soft on immigration. Here'a a link to one such thread.
Canada - The newest terrorist and drug threat to the United States
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on Thu Jul 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It has long been rumoured that many immigration consultants were running fraudulent operations. It looks like we are finally seeing what the Conservative government identified as its law and order agenda of cleaning up loose ends. Although not a fan of the Conservatives, I do applaud them on this move.

Let`s hope they remain vigilant on this issue.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

According to Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, most of the targeted individuals were counselled by three or four crooked immigration consultants on how to concoct fake proof of residency in Canada.

To become a citizen, a person is supposed to have lived in Canada for three out of four years.

www.vancouversun.com
www.deccanherald.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Canada has been criticized by some as being soft on immigration. Here'a a link to one such thread.
Canada - The newest terrorist and drug threat to the United States
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on Thu Jul 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

1800??? Please - give me a break! This is just a tiny, microscopic tip of a gigantic, slimy ice burg. Canada is unfortunately becoming inundated with hordes of illegal immigrants - many of them criminals and gangsters who have found out how to easily exploit the loopholes in the immigration system. I'd put the number of illegal immigrants into the hundreds of thousands over the last 15 years or so - perhaps many, many more...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
that's kinda funny..last time i heard, canada pretty much lets anyone in from foreign countries, and gives them a home and their own businesses, tax-free for 7 years...i lived in ontario for about 3 years, and have seen that happen..about 3 blocks from where i lived at in fergus, there was small apartment building above some retail space...which sat empty for who knows how long...i went past there one day, and all of a sudden there's a small convenience store open, run by a korean family...they had been in canada for about 3 weeks, from what they told me...and the government set them up with that store.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

They do get assistance from their own consultate if they want it. Their consultate should assist them. As for running a net loss for a few years, isn't that normal for a new business?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
How about the guy at 1600 Pennsylvania ave?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Haha. I don't believe he has Canadian citizenship. But if he applied for one, I wonder if they would examine his BC?

top topics

join