It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An analysis of the Hebrew Language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The world we live in is a projection of our own inner reality. This has been something known since time immemorial. Although the skeptics, naturalists, athiests, and others gripped by a pessimistic attitude will deny it, it is true, and undeniably so if one were completely willing to take to heart the truth that mind is primary, while matter is secondary. The fact that quantum physics has shown that the observation, and thus mental state of the observor is a factor... we have only touched the shoreline of how true this ancient knowledge is.

This being so, even then, nothing convinces me more of the truth of G-ds existence then the Hebrew language. As i just said, the outer world is a reflection of mankinds inner world. Meaning, just as our inner world is composed of abstract entities ie; ideas and concepts, the world we see is the crystalization and materialization of these same entities or intelligences (angels in midieval thought, 'gods' in ancient myths). The problem is that man has fallen so low that he doesnt percieve the physical entities he encounters as the enclothement of spiritual concepts. The world beneath our world is a language in itself, and Hebrew is a contraction of this language.

My first example is the Hebrew word for dog.

WHAT is a dog? The word for Dog in Hebrew is כלב (Kelev). If you separate the first letter of this word from the last two letters, you get the Hebrew statement כ'לב K' Lev "like the heart". Thus, the Hebrew word for dog literally means "like the heart". If you analyze the behavior of a dog, you can see how completely apposite this observation of the dog is. In every imaginable way, the dog 'personfies' the nature of human emotion. The nature of emotion is to 'expand and contract', so to speak. When something arouses us, we 'run' towards it. We are almost completely enrapt and immersed in its power. Likewise. Throw a stick infront of a healthy minded dog, and watch it run for it. The stick represents the object, while the dog represents the nature of emotion. Emotion 'runs' to the object of its affection. Over and over again you can play this game with your dog. Not just that. Another common manneurism of a dog is to chase its own tail. Conceptually, chasing ones own tail can be looked at as committing the same mistake over and over again. You KNOW that the result will not be different, just as the dog knows that it will never catch its own tail (the 'result' or end of the dogs body), but, the dog still does it.

Despite the negative aspects of emotion that the dog exhibits, the dog is also a tremendous personal companion. The dog epitomizes the quality of loyalty. It is completely attached, and defensive towards those who care for it. LIKEWISE, 'the heart reflects the heart'. When someone does something nice for another person, the natural emotion felt is one of loyalty and reciprocation.

On the deepest level, the concept of 'dog', is really analagous to our own relationship with G-d. A dog needs to be disciplined and controlled. Likewise, mankind needs to control and discipline his own self; by curtailing his emotions. And, just as the dog shows complete loyalty to man - the imminent source of the dogs own good - likewise, mankind should show loyalty and devotion to his ultimate and absolute source; G-d.

Also, in Hebrew, words with the same numerical value show different things to either be identical in concept, or completely antithetical (this is a result of duality. All things can either be for our good or for our detriment). The numerical value of the word Kelev is 52. Another word with this numerical value is Ben - son. Like a dog, a boy needs to be controlled and disciplined by his father. Another word with the gematria of 52, is cavel, which means to 'bind' or 'bound' ie; the emotions of the heart need to be controlled, and bound to the power of understanding. Also with the value of 52 is the word Zimah "Mischief, crime, lewdness, apostasy"....When the heart is not bound, it leads to the above corrupted spiritual states. And finally, the gematria of the quintessential Hebrew word for animal, Behema (the source of the English Bohemian) is 52. This word is associated with non-domesticated animals, which are completely wild and bound to their own innate drives and instincts. One who is bohemian, completely gives himself up to the power of emotion.

This is also why the Talmudic sages called pagans animals. Conceptually, if you act like one, then you are one, regardless of how different you and an animal may look, as explained earlier; this world is merely a projection of a higher world. To act as an animal acts, is to make yourself into an animal. Hence the popular belief in certain occult schools that one who engages in animalistic behaviors throughout his life is reincarnated as such an animal.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is really interesting. I doubt you will get tons of comments unless the anti-semites show up (because it requires some thought to understand) --> but I hope you'll share some more! I've been thinking of trying to learn some Hebrew.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Interesting

Could you please explain how you are able to get numbers from words? Does it have something to do with how the letters sound, or what number the letters are in the alphabet?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

The first letter Aleph corresponds to 1, Bet (the 2nd letter) to 2, and so forth until the 10th letter Yod, which has the value of 10. The 11th letter has the value of 20, the 12th, 30, and so forth up until the19th letter Qof, which has the value of 100. The 20th letter, Resh, has the value of 200. Shin, the 21st letter, has the value of 300, and Tav, 22nd and last letter has the value of 400.

In addition to these letters. There are 5 letters in Hebrew that have an alternate ending. They are Caf, Mem, Nun, Peh, and Tzaddie. Thet have the rtespective values of 500, 600, 700, 800, and 900.

In addition to this, each mode of calculation has its own archetypal interpretation. The more complex the mode of calculation, the more complex its interpretation. In ordinal counting, that is, only the numbers 1-9 being counted, this is called 'reduced' calculation in Kabballistic though. Just as the mode of calculation is reduced, likewise is the interpretation of the subsequent gematrias - the numerical values of words - have a more reduced, and general interpretation.

Kabbalistic numerology could be considered a metaphysical science. But until its shown conclusively that there is a relationship between the world of ideas/archetypes, and the physical world (this is something all occultists/mystics believe, and something which CG Jung in his archtypal psychology postulated, with the support and collaboration of a Nobel Prize winning physcist, Wolfgang Paulie, they wrote the book "the interpretation of nature and psyche) many people will reject the idea that a language exists which connects both worlds at an archetypal basis.

The Hebrew language has 3 distinct aspects which correspond metaphysically to 3 basic dimensions of reality. Time, Space and Consciousness.

In the language itself, the Shape/design of the letters corresponds to time. Time is often represented as a process. With a beginning and an end. The shape of each letter brings forth a unique archetypal quality into the time dimension of the reality - the letter - it creates. So the shape of the letter corresponds to the inherent time property in the letter.

The numerical value of each letter is said to be its space property. Again. The Hebrew alphabet postules 22 elements in creation. The Kabbalistic book "Sepher Yetzirah" breaks these letters into 3 groups, of 3 - called mother letters - which create the distinction of thesis, antithesis, and synthesis in reality (this is the most primal distinction there is. Thus, the 3 "gives birth" to the remaining letters) of 7, and these are called the 'double' letters, because these letters have two distinct pronounciations (ex. The letter Pey produces both the "p" sound, and the "f" sound. P and F being united in one letter, which a Dagesh - a point in the word - making the distinction), and the 7 are traditionally associated with the 7 planets of ancient theology (these being the 7 luminous orbs/spheres which regulate reality) and of 12, called 'elementals', which correspond to the 12 signs of the zodiac.

And finally, the pronounciation of each letter (additionally, in the Hebrew language, only consonants are letters. Consonants are sounds which are formed by the refflection of sound off certain parts of the mouth. In this sense, the mouth is seen as the vacuum of creation. And the sound - breath, as the soul. The different parts of the mouth correspond to certain "organs" which create distinctions within the vacuum. Thus conceptually, the entire act of speech is seen to reflect the entire process of creation.) is the soul of the letter.

All 3 elements are inherent to the Hebrew language and each word.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wow, this is absolute craziness. Just because dog means "Like the heart" in Hebrew and because dog backwards is "God" that means that dog is our personal connection with God (or however you phrased it). This is very weird and I don't agree with it...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In languages other words that are not reversed opposites are used. Does that debunk your hypothesis?

I disagree that the external world is a manifestation of your internal mind. I believe in an objective reality.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Wow, this is absolute craziness. Just because dog means "Like the heart" in Hebrew and because dog backwards is "God" that means that dog is our personal connection with God (or however you phrased it). This is very weird and I don't agree with it...

Did i mention Dog being G-d backwards??? Although that too is not coincidence. You know, there ARE people who create languages,. And such people, "philologists", or "linguists", should more properly be called philosophers and mystics.

In Hebrew too, the numerical value of G-ds name (Yahweh in Enligh) = 26. Again, entirely "coincidentally", the numerical value of God in English is 26. G= 7, O =15, and D = 4. Also, the Hebrew word Kelev is double the value of G-d, implying a reflection.

And i never said, and it only shows how much difficulty you have in reading, that a 'dog' is our connection to G-d. I merely said that a dog is a living SYMBOL for us to learn from. Likewise, EVERYTHING in creation teaches us something about our inherent nature, because like i said in my original post, this world and its contents are merely the packaging of a higher archetypal world.

Read some plato if you have a problem accepting the notion of ideas as objective things.

new topics

top topics

join