It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mugged at the Cash Registar... Staggering UK Price rises

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Ye Gods. 84p is about €1. I heard the UK prices were going through the roof. I know prices here are not too good, but come on, this cannot go on surely. I was morified to here the price of petrol, I mean it is not much cheaper here, but for example, I was in Italy a couple of weeks ago, and was amazed to see unleaded for 89c per litre.

I do not understand why UK prices need to be so much higher.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Trying not to laugh at people complaining about the price of monster munch and mars bars
It is a major worry though. The massive prices increases wouldn't be so bad if people's incomes were at least rising a little. But as soon as the word "recession" gets thrown out there kiss goodbye to pay rises. Many people, in fact, have taken pay cuts. Who would complain knowing how sparse the job market is?

The biggest p*** take is there's alwasy enough for illegitimate wars and aid to foreign countries, but as soon as we need to cut back it's the little man at home who suffers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Mate I feel for you I really do!

You can blame The Sun newspaper, infact Rupert Murdochs whole lying newscorp who like to print that our young adults are feckless, useless and lazy.

More propaganda from scum.

I would love to see people like yourself dragging both sides of parliament outside and give them a good kicking for what they have done to you guys.
And we are to blame too for being dosile morons and allowing it.

Its time for us to weild our slippers, giving these mugs a spanking and sorting this out for our kids sake

edit on 22-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Just cant afford to have the munchies anymore each trip to the garage costs just under a £10'er for little or nothing, i.e. 1 bottle of juce, 1 lottery ticket, 1 packet of crisps a bar of choc and 20 cigarettes would leave you hard pressed to recieve change.

Juice (bet it was a 'juice drink') crisps, chocolate, lottery ticket, cigs...
You can't be that hard up if you are spending money on this rubbish. Time to get real. Elsewhere people are starving. They would love to have money to waste like this.
They say during the post war rationing years, people were never healthier. You are going to have to discover nutrition and re-learn your spending and learn fast.

edit on 22-7-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Perpetrator

Therefore the food and goods price inflation you are seeing is due to commodity speculation and price gouging
by banks, agribusiness etc all protected by the US government

They are using your own savings (eroded through inflation) and your tax returns to destroy you. They never use their own money, its leveraged armageddon.

UP gets it

People need to look around and see what's going on.

There is little point moaning and whining about the middle men, shop keepers and supermarkets etc. For even the largest UK supermarket chain is just a 'price taker' when we are talking about global comodities.

With a severely devalued GBP UK companies purchasing power decreases meaning they have no option to pay more for said goods. This increase in cost is then passed directly to you the consumer.

The UK economy is right on the edge.

The right thing to do would be to increase interest rates to try to kerb inflation.

The UK economy since 1997 has been a miracle economy based on ever increased credit traded via houses, hence the absurdly high house prices in the UK.

Now it's time to pay the piper and he's just starting to play his first bar......

MR

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It appears we all have a HUGE parasite attached to us called the SUPER RICH!
They are leeching us all to death and inflating their own selves to exhorbitant extremes. The good thing about this is, as we all get poorer and poorer and more and more insignificant THEY, the MADMEN who are the cause of this misery become more and more obvious. I suspect they will push too far at some point and we know what happens when the blocks at the bottom of the pyramid give way and can take no more...........it all comes crashing down and the higher the top the longer and BIGGER the drop!!!!!!!!!!

That aside, we had the pleasure of being told by British Gas, also a Parasite company, that our direct debit for electricity was to be increased from £100 to £200 next month! When I questioned this they said that though price rises had and will take place, WE MUST HAVE used more electricity even though the assessment on our bill showed we had used LESS electricity than the previous same quarter last year! WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED and they and us have not yet finished conversing on this subject!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Ahh, dont worry about me mate
I think also the fact that the general populace of this country is just so selfish, they dont care about there neighbours cause they assume there neighbours dont care about them, people dont help each other out as much as they can and should, theres far too many examples for me to list of various ways people can help each other so i wont go into that any further.

I myself am not doing too badly as it would seem, for my age i have been working full time for the past year on £8 an hour, which is good by todays standards, especially for someone my age, Although i havent been able to save much, But luckily i still live with both my parents so i dont have to pay much rent (only £200p/month to one parent, £0 to the other) But even on my 'Good' wage i would never be able to afford to live comfortably on my own, if i had to rent or buy, with all the bills, it would leave me with a pittence for luxuries (food, games, clothes, petrol etc.) Luckily iam fortunate enough to have one of my parents buy a car for me and pay for the insurance, As without the support i also would never have achieved that on my own as it wouldnt be possible, i fully dont intend to ever get a mortage or get into debt as its just another form of oppression, Some people still think that its a good idea to buy your own house, i understand the flaws with renting as your just paying another persons mortgage, but i'd rather do that than be paying my own of for the next 30+ years, At least with renting you dont have the uncertainty of the bank reposessing your house & selling it off on the cheap if you miss a few payments or they are late, etc..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Yes that always makes me laugh when people tell me or I hear them say that they have just 'bought a house'......

Smiling, looking at them I like to politely say something like; "ah thats nice, really good for you, must be so great having your own place and no mortgage etc....."

Then stand back, watch their faces as they stammer, stutter and have to admit that they do have a mortgage.

If I feel particularly like winding them up I'll then say something like; "oh ok, so you're just renting it off the bank then....."

MR
edit on AMFri, 22 Jul 2011 08:29:29 -050029America/Chicago by Marlborough Red because: Typo

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

It is good to hear that you have parents who support you. WE do what we can for our children. We have just helped two take and pass their driving test. We are supporting them through their vocational training and we give free childcare so our daughter in law can work part time.
BUT, too many people in this country have NO ONE to turn to.
The young are being betrayed by the government, the parasites that run this country and sadly many people believe the media propaganda against the english people that they are lazy, stupid, feckless etc. There are some that are like this but NOT all by any means.
One of my parents who emigrated to the UK is always saying how lazy the english are and that is why jobs are going to foreigners. This persisitent lie totally enrages me as my husband works a 60 hour week and I don't know personally any english person who is not slogging their guts out to support their family! But I know of people, nice people actually, relatives who have emigrated to the UK who have always worked for LESS than other people in their jobs, but have this awful view of the english and relish this terrible lie and propaganda against english people.
I noticed however that the same propaganda is now being used against the american people to excuse mass immigration to the USA from mexico.

It is interesting to see that the same ploys are being used all over the world to turn people against eachother, which helps to point to just ONE mastermind organization, or person behind all this.

We shall be able to tell WHO this is soon enough when we see a 'FAT PARASITE' who can no longer hide because he and his will be obvious sooner or later!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

I'm with you on the mortgage problem. It USED to be a good thing to buy a house if you could. It meant that if you paid your mortgage off after 25 years you had minimal living costs.

But the world is a very different place these days. Having a mortgage is not something I would recommend to my children unless they had a 50% deposit!

I've even heard in the UK that older people who cannot afford to pay their Coucil Tax are having their own OWNED and paid for homes removed from them and sold by their council just to recover the Council Tax.

The more you own the more the leeches and parasites of this world can steal off you.

Own nothing and they can steal nothing from you!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I quite often wonder how much food is wasted, just how many times that super shirt gets worn, why people need 20 pairs of shoes, seeing as they can only wear one pair at a time, how many i'pods, etc they have, and use, how much wine and beer and whisky they drink, how many time they drive where they could walk, or ride a bicycle, how often they wear a sweater instead of switching the heating on, oh, what's the use.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

YOU have a point there BUT how come this is only being applied to the middle classes and working class folk. Isn't it the case that in the last ten years the super rich have become 35% richer?

So, where is all the money that is being taken from working class and middle class people going to?

It seems to be migrating upwards?

How many pairs of shoes does a super rich person need is more to the point rather than asking a poor person, surely you only need one pair of shoes?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Oh god lol marlborough, iam with you 100% mate, ive got this really nice guy i work with whos in his early 20's, hes about 22 i believe, hes a lovely chap, but hes very nieve to the ways of the world in respect to the global movement suppressing us all, he was saying the other day that he doesnt know whether to move out and buy a house and get a mortgage or whether to just rent, i tried my best to convince him not too get a mortgage, but unfortunately this 35yr old guy i work with was convincing him how a mortgage was a good idea because you can 'get it paid off asap' and even used the 'oh but renting youre just paying off someone elses mortgage' line, its ok for him, hes been working for 15+years and probably already has his at least 75% paid off.

I love your comments to new buyers lol, im definetly going to try that haha, going to get some good laughs, especially the line 'oh, so you're just renting it from the bank then' ? haha great ! I think thats the problem, if you look at it as basic as possible, thats what you are doing, the bank are buying the house & then your renting it from them + having to pay intrerest on your 'rent' ! so its even worse than renting really

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

BUT, after 25 years YOU don't have to pay any one anything any more. Now, if it wasn't for the present economic madness, wouldn't that be worth it?

I can tell you it is a relief to not have to pay a penny for the home you live in anymore but I would not recommend a mortgage to anyone at present.

Imagine not having to pay rent! Oh yes!!! But the world is a very crazy place at present!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

It's just inherently wrong that one of the most basic of human needs (shelter) has been turned into a tradeable comodity by our elders to make them richer and the younger generations poorer by getting them to foot the bill.

No one has the right to buy or own a house but everyone should be given the chance without the burden of 25+ years of debt slavery haning round their neck.

MR

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

My parents have helped me alot and i do appreciate it, Although i do not intend to work for a pittence for the next 30+years, i also do not intend to live off one of my parents either, although no doubt one will be subsidising me for certain things maybe for a few more years yet, but i have my own plan in regards to earning my own living via self employment
I would like to live as far under the radar as possible, as far as being on paper is concerned, i dont intend to pay tax to this corrupt state, for the same amount of time as i would be working, i dont ask for anything from the state so its pretty fair in my opinion that they ask nothing of me !

Its been bad enough slaving away for the past year having to pay tax and Ni to a worthless state that gives me nothing in return, namely job prospects for any first time workers or low experience youths !

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't think it is our elders who have created this problem but the super rich who can afford multiple house and out buy the ordinary people. There is nothing wrong as such in owning your own home, the problem lies in those who have made a home unaffordable because their demand and capacity to pay inflated prices has made that basic need unaffordable. My parents bought their home for £3000 40 years ago. They just live in it. They make NO profit from it. They don't rent it out at ridiculous prices. So what have they done wrong? But look at the rich and ask yourself why anyone needs six or seven houses just for themselves never mind the ones they make money from by renting out. THAT is the problem and NOT owning your own home. A mortgage comes to an end one way or another but RENT goes ON and ON and ON and ON.............

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Ok Elliot, just a to play devils advocate.

Full repayment mortgages run roughly at 80% interest payable over the full term.

£150K mortgage = £277,500 total repayable over 25yrs, (roughly).

I would lay money on it that most people with a mortgage wouldn't have a clue what they will be paying over the full term.

Just think what you could do with that extra cash if invested wisely over say 10, 15, 20 yrs.......

MR

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Most jobs are just offering minimun wage, and your lucky to get 35 hours out of them. Plus as im under 21 my minimun wage is under £

Think yourself lucky - I'm self employed. And whilst it means I can work 45 hours a week, I earn less that £3 an hour .....

As for prices rises: if petrol increases, everything else increases.

But the real measure of austerity will be mobile phones, ipads and the like: nearly everyone has one and almost nobody needs to use them. When sales plummet to near zero and no texts are sent or ring tones downloaded for a whole week, then we'll know that people really are starting to feel the pinch!

As it stands, we all extremely rich compared with almost every person who has every lived. We just don't appreciate it

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I quite often wonder how much food is wasted, just how many times that super shirt gets worn, why people need 20 pairs of shoes, seeing as they can only wear one pair at a time, how many i'pods, etc they have, and use, how much wine and beer and whisky they drink, how many time they drive where they could walk, or ride a bicycle, how often they wear a sweater instead of switching the heating on, oh, what's the use.

You've got it

(and I forgot about food - we're all so poor we buy 4 times what we need and throw half of it away ......
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join