It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
Thanks for spending the time to put all this information into a entertaining, educational, multi-faceted, and in-depth look into this particular topic

Thanks for the kind words esteay812 (and the others that have posted compliments and comments above - please excuse me for not responding to each individual post).

Originally posted by esteay812
Is it possible to contact the website (footnote.com) and obtain a complete file of all information contained in their site? Maybe you could download several files - if having all information in one file is not how the website backs up it's information.

I'll see how far we can get in this thread before trying to contact Footnote.com.

Keep in mind that the UFO documents are only a small part of the various collections on Footnote.com and I doubt the people behind that website will view any requests from UFO researchers as particularly important or worth having their employees spend time upon.

Sometimes we members of ATS forget that UFOs just aren't very important to most people...

Fairly often, my emails to companies and individuals about UFO issues have simply been ignored.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 22-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Who owns www.footnote.com and does this site have any affiliation with abovetopsecret.com -

I have to ask seeing as this thread has 200+ flags

Hi franspeakfree

Well, this is a conspiracy website, so I should have anticipated that question...

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wasn't asked to write this thread by anyone behind abovetopsecret.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Keep in mind that the UFO documents are only a small part of the various collections on Footnote.com and I doubt the people behind that website will view any requests from UFO researchers as particularly important or worth having their employees spend time upon.

Sometimes we members of ATS forget that UFOs just aren't very important to most people...

Fairly often, my emails to companies and individuals about UFO issues have simply been ignored.

I'm on the email list of Footnote and the National Archives and have to agree with your points. By far the most interesting content on these sites is non-ufological. Footnote's recently been promoting 19th Century photos and documents of Native Americans. As a social record, it's fascinating stuff. Likewise, the National Archives releases about 18th Century ships logs and the thermo-nuclear plans of Westminster are something to get our teeth into. A bonus of the National Archives is how they add podcasts to explain the data. It's also no bad thing that I can download so much for free before they start charging.

Agreed...UFOs probably don't cross the minds of billions of people every year. I've little doubt that if we all gave up and ignored UFOs for a year, it would have no impact on the UFOs or make any difference to our static understanding.

As for emails? It's bugged me a lot that US institutions and companies don't reply. This year, I've sent a couple of dozen without response. UFO researchers, on the other hand, are usually very helpful. ;D

ETA: I posted a thread based on the information in one National Archives release in 2010 and scored a respectable 0 posts! Planning for the End of the World. The ATS gods must have been angered by the lack of burnt offerings prior to pressing the 'post thread' button.

edit on 22-7-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Who owns www.footnote.com and does this site have any affiliation with abovetopsecret.com -

I have to ask seeing as this thread has 200+ flags

No idea who owns footnote (easy enough to check registry via WhoIs, if you're so inclined) but I can assure you there's no affiliation between us and them. background. Basic stuff, which is found without a whole lot of effort.

The thread has a lot of flags because IsaacKoi creates some of the best threads on the site, and our members recognize that.

If I had the power to create a Supreme Court for all things UFO, I'd make Isaac the Chief Justice.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i KNOW we are not alone

as a member of the ground crew for our cosmic brothers and sisters i will say this, i love you
and ALL shall be known....sooner or later

YOU KNOW what i am talking about

love for the win

thank you

namaste'

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
If I had the power to create a Supreme Court for all things UFO, I'd make Isaac the Chief Justice.

Oh great... just what we need... the bloody Wigs running the show

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
YOU KNOW what i am talking about

No actually...

So... we can count on you to help sort through the papers?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

True enough... and sometimes even those at ATS that say they are interested in UFO's really aren't I can see by the replies in this thread just how much so.

As to footnotes yeah some real nice stuff on Apollo old photos I once had... nice stuff on Roosevelt, Eisenhower etc...

But you made this thread for the UFO documents... lets get to work people

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Fantastic OP, great presentation.

Well, we all know that it takes only ONE of those to be true, and it's not even a question about "is it real?"

So we just need the break-through 'event'.

Peace
edit on 22-7-2011 by Sator because: spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Im going to spend some time sifting through the data , why dont we break it up into chunks and take a portion each!

searching on key words and the like ??

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Wow you did an outstanding job, putting this together. Most of us know its out there to grab the information to study on the UFO phenomenon. And yes we are in the full disclosure of the whole extra terrestrial game. And we can see that governments admit that they research this and probably also back engineer stuff they capture?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5db6c492921e.jpg[/atsimg]
By the way this image triggered a lot of canceled research ...
I think thats a factor too, of a good ufologist!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Im going to spend some time sifting through the data , why dont we break it up into chunks and take a portion each!
searching on key words and the like ??

The site has a list of reports by date/year. So far I only got to July 1947 in downloading

from this page..
www.footnote.com...

hit the "browse" option and you will see the list by year... each year is then broken down by month... then each month by report that leads to the pictures of the text files

Don't these guys know that microfilm is out PDF is in?

Sheesh

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Would be good to make a signup sheet so we don't duplicate the work

Brilliant idea. I have one from the British archives I want to cover so where's this sheet? Come on Isaac get your finger out.

Seriously, DEFE 71/34 looks like a good one. I've already spotted a related archived document and UFO literature search has turned something up. I know it isn't a US case but it's easier for me to try to track down former RAF personnel as I am based in the UK.

I don't have time to read every post in this thread so how are you planning this gig? Do you want us to submit reports on ATS or submit work to your site or something else, Isaac?

edit on 22/7/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
I don't have time to read every post in this thread so how are you planning this gig? Do you want us to submit reports on ATS or submit work to your site or something else, Isaac?

Well, while Zorgon seems keen to jump straight to reviewing the files on-line, I'm still keen on seeing what progress (if any) can be made with the challenge I outlined in Section 7 of my article - i.e. finding an efficient way to download the documents.

Having used the Footnote.com website a fair bit to read the Project Bluebook files, I don't think many people will have the patience to look at many files on it. If people want to highlight particular documents in this thread (or elsewhere on ATS or on other websites) then that's absolutely fine - but I hope someone somewhere is focusing on the challenge I set in Section 7 of my article.

So, has anyone made ANY progress with finding an efficient way to download the files?

Or has anyone got ANY negative results to report on things they have tried which didn't work so that other people don't waste time reinventing the wheel?

A couple of people have referred to tools for downloading entire websites, but (as I've mentioned a couple of times now in response to such suggestions) the 129,000 pages of UFO documents are a fairly small part of the Footnote.com website - so we don't want to try to download the entire website. Similarly, the UFO documents do not seem to be within a easily identifiable part of the Footnote.com website (so we can't, for example, download all the pages beginning footnote.com/ufo/*.*).

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 22-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

"I bet your one of those kind of people that think airliners at 32000ft are demons to huh? The dark ages ended along time ago, the Earth is not flat, and we revolve around the sun, and women can vote and hold the same jobs men can do, and we call them scientists now not witches."

Oh, this was so good that I had to turn it into motivational "art"!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68367933ccbc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lowundertheradar
The dark ages ended along time ago,

Seriously?
Not for me

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well, while Zorgon seems keen to jump straight to reviewing the files on-line,

Nope I am systematically doing them one page at a time from their viewer. I don't think we will find an easy way because it seems the program calls up the image from the 'film' role. I found the thumbnail directory no problem, but can't see any director with full images. Not sure how they store the 'film' yet.

The Planetary data photo site does the same thing sort of... you select an image area it generates it then it holds if for 30 minutes or so. After that its gone The full image data is in one huge file, several gigabytes in size, and you call up a portion temporarily. Not sure this is exactly the same but it would be similar. I could be wrong though

I do feel I should point this out

Charged as Hacker for Downloading Too Many Academic Articles
www.abovetopsecret.com...

While these files are in public domain as they were created by the US government... the site owners may not be so happy having 50,000 ATS members snooping their directories... I know I don't let em

edit on 22-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I hope someone somewhere is focusing on the challenge I set in Section 7 of my article.

I have about as fast an internet connection as you can get (ultra fast VIrgin, UK cable connection) so I may be able to help with the downloading of US documents once you have found an efficient way of making sure that we don't duplicate work.

I hope I'm not too far behind as I really haven't found time to read through the thread yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka
that's a proven fact.

No... its not

People get so emotionally attached to the ufo theory and they fool themselves into believing it.

People have gotten emotionally attached to Religion and arguing for thousands of years who's god is the true god. Still no proof yet but they kill each other over that belief. So who is the fool? The Bible is but one book, there is also the Torah, the Qur'an, The veda... and a few others... So which one is the truth and which one fiction?

which is to make people loose faith in God.

Puppy Poop... even the Vatican says its okay to believe in Aliens...

Now back to the topic

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join