It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

WHo knows what "thier" up too! Vampires..psh thier nothing.... All I know is I'm scared of owls!

edit on 22-7-2011 by SurrealEzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
All the content seems pretty old. For a frame of reference, can't even find anything in the newspapers from the battle of los angeles in 1942. I understand it is a US city, but it was pretty well known at the time. It was the "Weather Balloon" that seemed to be invincible to hundreds or thousands of rounds of military weapons. The entire city blacked out, alarms went off, and of course, that was the end of it. Was quite an event to just be forgotten as it has. I remember some old timers that were there telling me the story when I was younger.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

Just a little sarcasm is all.

If ufo's are so "silly" (like vampires), why would the government take it so seriously?

People believe in (and sometimes report seeing) vampires. Obviously they would be a threat to national security.

So OBVIOUSLY they seen something more realistic about an alien threat.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Though I praise Mr. or Mrs. Koi for the sheer breadth of documentation and labor to post links, it still suffers from the problems of traditional UFO research, namely how can you distinguish between an actual ET UFO and a simple mis-identification of Non-ET UFO aerial phenomena?

It is well known in the legal system that eye witness testimony is not very reliable, and even if the person was telling the truth, and did actually see a ET UFO, how would you know from testimony alone?

Imagine this, two honest people see aerial phenomena. One person sees an actual ET UFO the other sees non-ET UFO phenomena. Let's say that to the average viewer, both phenomena behave in a similar manner, both give reports, could you tell which was the ET UFO?

Also UFO is a broad term (Unidentified Flying Object) it could encompass all sorts phenomena, natural, unnatural, human, non-human, animal, etc. We need a more precise definition of what many of us are looking for, maybe a definition like this:

Phenomena not controlled directly or indirectly by humans, that show signs of intelligent movement.

By indirect human control I mean, someone isn't controlling the phenomena via Remote Control, programming the Phenomena to move in a certain manner, or by any other human means to control, direct, and/or project phenomena.

The definition may need more work, but at least it's a start.

So before UFO researchers embark on a project, it may be a good idea to define exactly what we are looking for.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by deloprator20000

It is well known in the legal system that eye witness testimony is not very reliable, and even if the person was telling the truth, and did actually see a ET UFO, how would you know from testimony alone?

Actually, a cop's testimony is taken very seriously....unless they claim to see a ufo.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Excellent job. This is a great resource. Wish I had more time to plow through some of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Long gone are the researchers willing to spend time on a subject.

HEY! Watch that sonny... might have one foot in the grave but Isaac and I are not gone yet

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
www.bluebookarchive.org...

edit on 22-7-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

Nice... more user friendly

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the resource, your effort has been herculean. But to what end? It seems like an awful waste of time and energy. Why? Because the current elite power structures will NEVER be moved from their current positions. Take Stephen Greer and the Disclosure Project. He's been bleating on for over 14 years about the necessity to disclose and where has it got him? NOWHERE (except a nice bank balance from his speaking commitments and good on him for his effort). But let's get real about this. Do you think any human being, in a position of absolute power will simply give it up because someone says aliens exist and can give us a new world where people don't have to work anymore and we have unlimited power sources etc etc. The elites who control 98% of the worlds resources and means of production will just obscure and laugh (which they have and continue to do). Why? Because they can and because they are the CONTROLLERS. End of story. The only thing that will remove them from power is an extinction level event and that may just be around the corner...

www.dancingawakethefifthworld.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwesomeOverload
Haha. balls of light is right. I mean, can't it be something else? I'm not suggesting anything.
What I mean is most people see that light maneuvering in a strange way, and they try to identify it to something as close as to something on this world that they can think of.

The 'balls of light flitting about everywhere aimlessly are 'Critters" Plasma life forms... they are native to Earth and have always been here, just never understood

Just google plasma life forms
But that is for another thread

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by RUSSO
www.bluebookarchive.org...

Nice... more user friendly

Here is another link with a single pdf. 1-12. 243 pages

PDF

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Fair play to you man!

Thats a large amount of work and research.
This is one of the reasons I like ATS.

Excellent job

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
!!! WOWzers !!!

Usually when I see remarks about a thread being too long, they are referring to the un-needed size of a thread that carries minimal information or reader satifying material.

I have to say, your thread is massive and if it were any other type of information - or any other format - reading the thread would become a large, unpleasant task. Not so for yours!

Thanks for spending the time to put all this information into a entertaining, educational, multi-faceted, and in-depth look into this particular topic

Is it possible to contact the website (footnote.com) and obtain a complete file of all information contained in their site? Maybe you could download several files - if having all information in one file is not how the website backs up it's information.

Maybe you already have gotten all the images and files downloaded and I have missed where you were able to accomplish this. I've actually only made it through the first page or so, but wanted to give you applause for putting this thread out there.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Exellent piece of work sir, A lot of stuff I hadnt come across. Thanks for your stirling effort.
Elvis
Thankyouverymuch

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Might I echo the overall reaction of a hearty "well done" for your excellent research. I look forward to studying it in detail.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
ive not had time to read your massive post fully

I have not read through all your material but

that's alot of stuff to go thru...looks like i'll be busy downloading, and going thru all of this for a while.

I will need a few days to read it all!

This is possibly the best gathering of information on the subject of UFO's I will ever read.

There is enough information here to chew on for decades.

Alot of detail and more than I could read in this sitting.

just curious how long did it take you to compile all that info?

I have read about half so far and wanted to stop as I had to catch my breath for a moment

'm going to need a good month to get through this thread, good stuff.

I am still sifting through all you have presented. I can't wait til tomorrow as I will have ALL DAY to read

I am going to go through all the info and links that you have supplied and then give feedback

Posting so I can bookmark this and check up on it later.

Wish I had more time to plow through some of it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is all the good that will come out from this thread...

and you all ignored the best post of the thread by NeoVain ..

I would say the reason for people largely ignoring these documents are several.

1. They are old.
2. Very few pictures(no proof)
3. Most of the material only offer a short writeup of a supposed sighting of something they cannot identify(could be anything) from some random person with no backround check (may be a known prankster/attention whore) 4. The clearer of a discription of the object given, the easier to imagine it to be something natural it becomes. Like the us coast guard one, exact discription of a ball lightning.
5. After getting disappointed in looking at 5 different sightings, most ppl usually give up.

but anyway ..you're in denial...

all witness accounts, photos , videos, are IRRELEVANT...

Extraordinary claims ..requires...Extraordinary Evidence...NO MORE..NO LESS

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Excellent post and more than just a coincidence after the 'special' guest the other day. Nice move to get the ball rolling using ATS its about time we had some decent UFOLOGY discussions.

edit on 22-7-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
all witness accounts, photos , videos, are IRRELEVANT...

Extraordinary claims ..requires...Extraordinary Evidence...NO MORE..NO LESS

What are extraordinary claims? What means "extraordinary"?

500 years ago, it was an "extraordinary" claim, that the earth wasn't flat. And the guys promoting the idea, that the earth was round, couln't rely on witness accounts, photos, videos or anything like that.

They just used their their observations and their mathematics.

To claim that we're possibly not alone in this universe and that we've also possibly have been visited by more advanced cicilizations is no more extraordinary than what those guys in the past claimed.

Finally, I think it's about perception. And about faith, of course.
edit on 22/7/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I've looked at footnote now, and boy is there a lot of information!

a simple search for flying orb brings up loads of results, and most are completely irrelevant, and it takes ages to sift through these to find the occaisional gold nugget.

There are loads of photo's from the Appollo missions too - great find.

S&F for you my friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join