It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
isaac, ive not had time to read your massive post fully.

Though through reading all your previous material over the past years im sure were on for one hell of a ride.

you have surely outdone yourself with this post. A true ofologist if ever ive seen one!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Issac, I have not read through all your material but I can imagine that the documents of information included are at the same level that we have seen in the past, tons of holes in the information and nothing really conclusive.

Wouldnt it be nice to stumble on that set of documents that has definate proof of the exsistance of aliens, what a day it would be!

Either way, great post, I know it took some effort ot research and compile.

SnF

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
have you tried a program which will literally download a website?

Mmm. No, but I'm not sure how that would work in this context. The Footnote.com website is absolutely HUGE and the relevant UFO document (although they number nearly 130,000 pages) is a small fraction of that website.

If there is some software or tool that would allow us to download part of a site, that would be great - but then we'd have to find a way to limit the downloading to the RELEVANT part of the website (and I don't think it is as simple as specifying one path/URL/sub-directory - but I'd love to be wrong about that...).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
In the world of "text walls" this is the great wall of China!

The bit that's important (to me at least...) is relatively short. I hope I've highlighted that section already, but just in case I'd focus on:

Section 7 : The Challenge : Efficient Batch Downloading?

An initial thought: what an idea, that perhaps disclosure would come in the form of an impenetrable website that everyone ignores? What if?

Well, that sort of ironic result may be all the ufological community deserves...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here you go OP.

www.surfoffline.com...

Will do exactly what you want no problem.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
holy beerfarts, batman!! wow...that's alot of stuff to go thru...looks like i'll be busy downloading, and going thru all of this for a while...many thanks for all your research

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
are you saying that ATS
is suppressing the site?
www.Footnote.com
and or members.
it would not surprise me at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

First what size hard drive do you have, might need 1.5 TB, (about $89.00) drive on Pc not laptop, second if downloads are PDF. make folders for subject matter, photos, eyewitness acc., maps, and everything else plus a very good document printer, laser is fine but if you need color reg. good too. also lots of toner and ink ---Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272
Here you go OP.

www.surfoffline.com...

Thanks, but are you sure? As I said above, the problem with tools that allow you to download a webpage or entire website is that only a small part of the Footnote.com relates to UFOs.

While I am happy to buy one or more hard drives to download these files, downloading the ENTIRE footnote.com website (as opposed to the capacity needed to download about 130,000 UFO documents) may be rather beyond a realistic goal.

At the moment, I don't see how the surfoffline.com tool could be used to download these documents in an efficient manner.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Great idea S+F however...
I think most people truly interested in the phenomena are well aware of these reports, except maybe the lesser knowns you mentioned in your 1st paragraph (I'd never heard of them). I think researchers will drool over this, but we are not all researchers. You can already see from replies your OP's haven't been fully read (myself included) I hope that doesn't discourage you because there are definitely people on this forum that are like yourself, and kudos to those of you who really dive in. I think you just need to understand that there are different types of enthusiasts.

The official stance of the United States of America: UFOs pose no threat to national security there for we no longer need to investigate them.

Yes the US has provided disclosure. A very weak cop out of a disclosure IMO. I don't necessarily subscribe to conspiracies and cover-ups by the govt at least not in such a grand scale. I do think what we have is an official position of non-action, willful ignorance, plausible deniability and a massive unwillingness to touch the subject with a 10ft pole if it can at all cost be avoided. Anything they have covered up (if so) can be covered under it was in the best interest of the people to do so (and maybe legitimately so).

We do know that it's been more than alluded to by some of the researchers hired by the US that these reports fell short, that they did not use the best cases to study, that there was an overtone of what they were expected to conclude.

In the end, the cases presented in those reports are interesting but were never enough to say what we all want to hear and not enough for science to jump the hurdle of the distance factor at least not openly. Personally I don't want to look back, the answers could be there but will never be acknowledged because too much time has passed for most of those cases. I will look to the now and to the future and continue to hope that in my lifetime we can say we know what UFOs are and have the proof that no one can deny.

Having said all that I hope your thread does well and you achieve what you hope to, hard work should be rewarded.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WOW! That's a lot of info there!

I will need a few days to read it all! But I just wanted to say that I wish I could find the site where I read how many UFO reports had been made since 1960, worldwide. I made some calculations and it showed that only since 1960, reports up to this day were of 1 every 3 minutes or close to that.
And that is only for those who are reported, so you know there is much much more that has been seen. I know I never reported to any official what I have seen at times.

Could all these reports be only about Chinese lanterns and swamp gas? Me thinks not...

They probably are not all about black projects, so that leaves a ton of those sightings pointing for an extra-terrestrial, or extra-dimensional origin.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Really good UFO and EBE documents here.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

This is possibly the best gathering of information on the subject of UFO's I will ever read.
Hats off to you,IsaacKoi.
When I finish reading your most epic and informative posts,I cannot wait to get reading more of the footnote mega pages.

Let this thread long reign high in ATS UFO threads.
There is enough information here to chew on for decades.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by shug7272
Here you go OP.

www.surfoffline.com...

Thanks, but are you sure? As I said above, the problem with tools that allow you to download a webpage or entire website is that only a small part of the Footnote.com relates to UFOs.

While I am happy to buy one or more hard drives to download these files, downloading the ENTIRE footnote.com website (as opposed to the capacity needed to download about 130,000 UFO documents) may be rather beyond a realistic goal.

At the moment, I don't see how the surfoffline.com tool could be used to download these documents in an efficient manner.

All the best,

Isaac
This program I have used before and it will download every document on that website if you want it to. You can browse it through the program like a web browser or open files individually. Like I said this will do exactly what you want it to.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wheels within Wheels within Wheels. I swear I've read that description before....... Great post OP! Alot of detail and more than I could read in this sitting. Now prove the ET debate

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Ripping all those raw images out off the website would be counterproductive. There are already many users at Footnote commenting and discussing the documents AS WE SPEAK. Why don't you just become a member and participate? They have probably already accomplished a lot of work you would find useful to your research.

The documents on the website are organized, SEARCHABLE, and complete with a timeline! You can also add annotation and make your own comments. Copy the URL's to interesting documents into a word document for future reference.

If you think those 129,000 odd documents are unmanageable now, wait until you get them on a hard drive.

Besides, what makes you think they will be easier to go through on a hard drive? That's unrealistic.

Plus, the website has features which allow you to adjust the brightness, rotation, contrast, etc. That's great for taking screen shots and pasting them into reports you want to prepare.

edit on 21-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Ripping all those raw images out off the website would be counterproductive.

There are already many users at Footnote commenting and discussing the documents AS WE SPEAK. Why don't you just become a member and participate? They have probably already accomplished a lot of work you would find useful to your research.

Fair points in principle, but I've tried researching the focuments on the Footnote.com website (and am a member) and it really is INCREDIBLY frustrating.

As I mentioned in my OP, the speed of downloads and the completeness of images on the Footnote.com website varies greatly. At random times, it is basically useless with only patches of images appearing on the screen.

I've wasted hours and hours due to problems there.

I presume that others have experienced similar problems and that this is the main explanation for the relative absence of documents from that website in Internet discussions of relevant sightings.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Great thread and a challenge that will hopefully be taken up by ATS. You've covered so much that it's hard to add anything substantial.

The back catalogue of NICAP publications is available from UFO Document Archive. Many of the accounts in these journals can be cross-checked in the Project Blue Book Archive. I think the site's worth repeating to add some advice on how to use the search function.

When searching for incidents, it's useful to use a variety of search terms. For example, known dates sometimes draw blanks, but rearranging the numerals in the search can get results. Likewise, locations can be unpredictable. The 'jump' button at the top of the site can be interesting as unexpected files about little-known encounters appear.

The Project Grudge Reports are also available at this link. Considering Grudge (latterly Blue Book) dismissed the notion of 'flying saucers' and UFOs, some of their content makes fascinating reading and well worth the effort to read through...

Project Grudge Status Report 3

Project Grudge Status Report 5
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20c226f37073.jpg[/atsimg]

These two are from Project Grudge Status Report 8

Funny how the myth continues that astronomers have never seen UFOs and here we are in the early '50s with unknowns being sighted by astronomers. Clyde Tombaugh saw them and Sturrock's report numbered 62 astronomers out of 1356 respondents who claimed to have seen 'unknowns' that were beyond their understanding.

Regarding the Tehran Incident, I collected statements, sketches, documents etc into a 32 page pdf and uploaded it a few days ago at 1976 Tehran UFO Incident (documents, sketches, interviews etc)

The back-catalogue of MUFON and Skylook journals are available as a torrent if people search "MUFON Skylook journals torrent." There are more than 500 files.

I hope ATSers seize the opportunity to make use of all the sources you've posted and shift the tide away from the YT threads.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is huge, Isaac!

S&F!

I wander why your absence on ATS for a while... and now, I know why!

A BIG challange for ATS.
Surely Justin (Jkrog08), he would be proud of your work.

A personal tip: PUSH ON MEDIA!
edit on 21-7-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
S&F Thanks for everything you do IK you are the best!

I will have a gander, man you know how to drop the mother load eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join