It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive UFO disclosure in USA : A challenge for ATS

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

Can you explain how to get around the robots.txt rules with HTTRACK?
All the directories I tested it on were protected.
I found something in the options menu under" Spider" that has an option called "no robots.txt rules" but it had no effect. I still wasn't able to download anything from the directory.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
That actually sounds like more work than just clicking the Download button 129,000 times in a row. Maybe I'm not understanding how the script works but it sounds like you would have to manually visit each page to execute the script and grab the document.

Hi freelance_zenarchist,

I think Xtraeme is really on to something here.

If you try starting at the link below (which, I think, is probably the beginning of the files) you can simply click download then the arrow pointing to the right and then download and then the arrow the right (and then repeat...):
www.footnote.com...|7276022

The script would, as I understand it, in effect automate this rather tedious of clicking on the relevant parts of the screen (plus quite a bit more) for us, without anyone needing to sit in front of their computer mindlessly for a week/month.

So, we would not have to manually visit each page - part of the script would be to click on the arrow to the right to move on to the next image.

(At least, that's my fairly basic understanding of the proposed "screen-scraping macro" approach).

I'm quite excited by this possibility.

All the best,

Isaac

PS If anyone can get the HTTRACK approach to work first, great - but I still can't see how that type of tool would actually work in the light of the factors I outlined in one of my earlier posts
edit on 25-7-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Sorry, I didn't realize clicking the next arrow would take you to the next sub category. I thought you would have to manually navigate to the next one (Year, month, location and all that). So far this looks like the best option that's been suggested.

As for the confusion about HHTRACK and similar programs,

(1) the problem with tools that allow you to download a webpage or entire website is that only a small part of the ABSOLUTELY HUGE footnote.com relates to UFOs.

You don't have to download the ENTIRE website, you can direct them to a specific directory. For example www.footnote.com/All_of_our_UFO_Documents/
Now if only such a directory existed...

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't realize clicking the next arrow would take you to the next sub category. I thought you would have to manually navigate to the next one (Year, month, location and all that). So far this looks like the best option that's been suggested.

Yes, I was worried about that as well - but a little experiment (basically pretending to be a script) put my mind at ease.

As for the confusion about HHTRACK and similar programs,

You don't have to download the ENTIRE website, you can direct them to a specific directory. For example www.footnote.com/All_of_our_UFO_Documents/

Hence my point (2) in the post I mentioned:

"(2) while some of the relevant tools allow you to specify a part of a website to be downloaded, the UFO images are not (so far as I've been able to tell so far...) in a directory such as footnote.com/UFO/*.*"

I don't think that point has been appreciated by some of the people that have pointed to HHTRACK and similar programs.

Indeed! This thread could be cut much shorter if someone is able to identify such a directory in this case...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have looked through the "disclosure" website a while back, maybe a year ago. I found it, as you said, painful to try to go through, it was a nightmare trying to find anything specific. I spent a while there anyway, finally just randomly scanning bits here and there, and came to the conclusion that there is NOTHING there, lol. I am not surprised that they have disclosed this information, because aside from a few articles and notes talking about some secret plans that have long since been abandoned, there was nothing I could find but a lot of "witness" reports. Those mean nothing to me, because I could call the FBI now and claim to have seen a UFO and I am sure I would get a very similar report, even though I saw nothing. Witness reports are just heresay IMO. There were some grainy, terrible photographs of what could have been just about anything, and for the most part all it really proved to me was that there was a time when the government took the subject of ufo's seriously, though that does not prove that they really existed. So if anyone here manages to find anything definate, irrefutable, etc, it wou.ld be nice, but i am willing to bet there will be nothing on that entire website that will prove beyond doubt that there are aliens.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
are all these documents from footnotes also on the vault? that is a site that allows for searches and is in pdf format.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
are all these documents from footnotes also on the vault? that is a site that allows for searches and is in pdf format.

Unfortunately, no. The documents on footnotes.com are from the Air Force and number about 130,000 pages. The material on the FBI's "The Vault" website are from the FBI and number about 1,600 pages.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I haven't kept up with this thread,but do you have to
have a paid membership to this site?
I did a search for ufo's on footnote
and the file I wanted to look at was a premium service.
It was a Cherokee Nation day book from the 1800's.

But I did find this pic with no explanation.

edit on 25-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

www.footnote.com...
edit on 25-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
do you have to
have a paid membership to this site?

The 129,000+ pages from Project Bluebook, Project Sign, Project Grudge, Project Twinkle and Project Stork are available free. You can browse or search them free at the link below:
www.footnote.com...

Some of the other collections on Footnote.com (i.e. non-ufo document collections, but possibly with a rare mention of ufos) require some sort of paid membership.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow this section seems like it is going to be an interesting read. Thank you ats

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by spacevisitor
So, what is the real truth behind that all?
For what I know now about that subject, I go for the time being for Johns view.

Sorry IsaacKoi.

That's fine, although it would be nice if John had actually presented some evidence in support of his claims...

Talking about evidence, you presented information of which you want me to believe is undeniable evidence that proofs that the Silas Newton affair was indeed a hoax right?
So I did take a look to that page again.

It looks to me that from all the information you provided there, one of the most important key points is in fact, if there was yes or no a UFO Crash at Aztec in 1948 with little occupants, and it’s obvious to me because of the information you provided that you are convinced that there wasn’t a UFO Crash at Aztec in 1948.

But watching again that interesting video from the alleged Aztec crash by Paul Kimball you posted also in there as I assume as a sort of evidence, and listening to all the people, such as to Karl Pflock, Scott Ramsey, Nick Redfern, Stanton Friedman and Richard Dolan it is quite clear to me that one cannot rule out the real possibility that there was a UFO Crash at Aztec in 1948.
Therefore you cannot proof undeniable that the Silas Newton story was a hoax in my opinion.

As Stanton Friedman said.

Certainly we cannot say this is real because these conmen told the story, but because conmen told the story about Aztec doesn’t mean that there wasn’t an Aztec story to be told.
A genuine, a legitimate one.

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

edit on 26/7/11 by spacevisitor because: added a name

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This post was so good I can't lie had to take a break at times to continue but it was worth it. Very well researched and for me at least the videos were the icing on the cake

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
found this, while surfin as well... i am new on the scene but it seems pretty legit to me.. what do you guys think?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyPI

now that is wild, that call from the guy who allegedly worked at Area 51 was really scary and disturbing. he said that "aliens" are extra-dimensional beings? makes sense with all the weird lights and anomalies in the sky especially with the shape-shifting and spiral-like shapes... he sounds really scared....

I know what that is like, when you need to tell someone something of importance (news of the death of a relative or something) but you are just too distraught or caught up in your overflow of emotions to say it properly.

the way he sounds really, really bothers me...
edit on 26-7-2011 by Gwampo because: felt the need to relate emotions to speech patterns

this is my second edit, I am really freaked the F out..
edit on 26-7-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yeah i know eh! i have heard that guys speech before a while back.. but untill i saw those videos with it, i wasn't really sure how legit it was... but it scares the crap out of me too... i was hoping someone would have seen this video on ATS so they could EXPLAIN it to me lol

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyPI

found this, while surfin as well... i am new on the scene but it seems pretty legit to me.. what do you guys think?

I think it's way beyond 'off topic!'

The guy who called in later rang back and admitted it was a hoax. He did a repeat and sounded fairly convincing...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I emailed Footnote asking them if it was possible to get all of the documents in the "Project Blue Book - UFO Investigations" collection. Here's their response.

We appreciate your suggestion that this be included in the future. We will pass this information on to our development team for consideration. We welcome your input, which helps us improve our Web site with you in mind. Please feel free to continue to share suggestions, concerns, or questions you may have with us.

Sincerely,

Gordon
Footnote Support
[email protected]

Footnote's Online Help Page: www.footnote.com/help.php

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
ok fair enough... but what about the footage?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm available and willing to do some work on this. When you guys figure out how best to approach it, I'm assuming part of the job will be to assign small portions to many people. This would be a great use of the ATS site, and the people who are willing to help can make it happen! Just tell us what to do to help. Break it down into specific, do-able tasks.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hilltaker

Hi I dont have the internet for it myself really until late next month, just moved to new house. - Anyway this:

www.httrack.com...

Will sort all your problems.

Thanks,

I looked at this also and it does appear to have the means to mirror section of the target site - Perhaps OP should get a router and blow ddwrt on it so he can limit the bandwidth, that if he has a restricted service.

There will be broken links that will have to be manually downloaded because they will be out of spec

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join