It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hackers Claim To Breach NATO Security.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

'Anonymous' Hackers Claim To Breach NATO Security

www.huffingtonpost.com

A group of computer hackers claims to have breached NATO security and accessed hordes of restricted material.

The group called Anonymous says it would be "irresponsible" to publish most of the material it stole from NATO but that it is sitting on about 1 gigabyte of data.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-7-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
hackers show up flaws in NATO security. Lets hope the NATO IT boys learn something and I hope the hackers dont release the anything too sensitive .

wikileaks were a bit irresponsible with some of the stuff they released imo. I hope these hackers behave better and i hope they didn't get the nuclear codes -_-

Do you think it's only a matter of time before all that stolen material appears on the internet? the mind boggles at what sort of material it is. It could be worth a bit of money to the chinese or russians.

www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
yay the new AL-Qaeda for the new decade!!

go anonymous!!! get that internet censorship ball rollin

yipee!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I hope they find them and throw each of them in prison.

They aren't proving anything with this kind of stupidity.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Heres a statement from Lulzsec:

Hello thar FBI and international law authorities, We recently stumbled across the following article with amazement and a certain amount of amusement: www.npr.org... The statements made by deputy assistant FBI director Steve Chabinsky in this article clearly seem to be directed at Anonymous and Lulz Security, and we are happy to provide you with a response. You state: "We want to send a message that chaos on the Internet is unacceptable, [even if] hackers can be believed to have social causes, it's entirely unacceptable to break into websites and commit unlawful acts." Now let us be clear here, Mr. Chabinsky, while we understand that you and your colleagues may find breaking into websites unacceptable, let us tell you what WE find unacceptable: * Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece. * Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil. * Lobby conglomerates who only follow their agenda to push the profits higher, while at the same time being deeply involved in governments around the world with the only goal to infiltrate and corrupt them enough so the status quo will never change. These governments and corporations are our enemy. And we will continue to fight them, with all methods we have at our disposal, and that certainly includes breaking into their websites and exposing their lies. We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you can possibly to do make us stop. "The Internet has become so important to so many people that we have to ensure that the World Wide Web does not become the Wild Wild West." Let me ask you, good sir, when was the Internet not the Wild Wild West? Do you really believe you were in control of it at any point? You were not. That does not mean that everyone behaves like an outlaw. You see, most people do not behave like bandits if they have no reason to. We become bandits on the Internet because you have forced our hand. The Anonymous bitchslap rings through your ears like hacktivism movements of the 90s. We're back - and we're not going anywhere. Expect us.

Heres the link: http:///RA15ix7S
edit on 21-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: to add link

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Don't fool yourself, no one will ever be able to censor the internet, especially not in the West, after the West criticized the Chinese etc. for years and years.

Seriously, don't fool yourself. GO ANONYMOUS!

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Great! Those people have balls, and they will make a difference, for the better or the worse. But at least
THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

What the hell are they going to accomplish with all this useless hacking lately? It should be more obvious now that Anonyous is not what it orginally intended to become..

link   

Originally posted by yeti101
I hope these hackers behave better and i hope they didn't get the nuclear codes -_-
www.huffingtonpost.com

NATO doesn't have nuclear weapons. No codes to be stolen.

link   
reply to post by Kemal

It's already censored to a certain degree mainly with the use of sock puppets and algorithms.

edit to add: It's so obvious if you observe the tactic TBTB are using.... Anonymous just like Al-Qaeda is a way to generalize ANYONE into a group who does not agree with the current way our society is structured

For all I know, you Kemal are involved with Anonymous .....prove to me you are not.

edit on 21-7-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
we still don't know the details of how they obtained the documents. It seems more likely at this point they did hack one of NATOs networks but there is a possibility it was someone on the inside (like Manning). I guess we need to wait for NATO to comment or the hackers give us more info.

think about this: how much is the information they stole worth to the chinese or russians? i hope they dont sell it!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The more I read or hear of these Anonymous cyberattacks, the greater my impression that their primary motive lends toward grandstanding, i.e. they want the recognition.

So much for quiet professionalism.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Dont know if im allowed to post this....MODS delete if you wish

This is one of the leaked NATO documents....

www.pdfhost.net...

Ive not read it, i opened it quickly and closed it again haha.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

haha your braver than me i dont even dare to click

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just a question to all those who agree with Anon/Luzsec.

How would you like it if it was your medical records they hacked and posted, or your banking info, or even your private documents. While the idea they are putting forth is good, the actions to the ends are not.

It is irresponsible for us a society to condone illegal actions just because the idea behind them is righteous.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

haha your braver than me i dont even dare to click

LOL....yea im kinda thinking maybe i shouldnt have looked hahahaha.

It was headed : NATO CONFIDENTIAL or RESTRICTED, is about outsourcing in Kosovo or something lol.....im going to open it...read it and post what i think it means....time to turn on TOR lol

EDIT: Had a little read...its about contracts i think....to VERY VERY important people....Supreme Allied Commander of europe etc lol
edit on 21-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It appears to be a document outlining options to outsource "military equipment and personnel"
from various contractors.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HardyWhite

Yea thats what i thought...i just did a quick scan of the text, i didnt read it all.

This is a teaser it would appear....its a fairly old document...2008....they are bound to have a lot of other more interesting stuff in the 1gb of files.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Just a question to all those who agree with Anon/Luzsec.

How would you like it if it was your medical records they hacked and posted, or your banking info, or even your private documents. While the idea they are putting forth is good, the actions to the ends are not.

It is irresponsible for us a society to condone illegal actions just because the idea behind them is righteous.

Why would they do that?? Isnt that irrelevant as this is not what they are doing?

They are going after CORRUPT governments, business's and people in power. Why would they leak your medical files ???

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Now, I'm no Christian but if I were I'd be seriously wondering if the likes of Wikileaks and Anonymous weren't just part of the Divine Plan unfolding in the End Times

"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open." - Luke 8:16

"So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known... Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul." - Matt 10:26

"For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.” - Mark 4:22

"“Be on your guard against... hypocrisy. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs. I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more." - Luke 12:2-4

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." - John 3:20.

If I were a Christian I'd think twice before condemning those whose sole purpose is to bring hidden things to light, to combat the darkness of state and corporate secrecy and to expose the 'sins' it cloaks.

God works in mysterious ways.

edit on 21-7-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join