It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India: An Aryan Conspiracy, Ancient Technology and Secret Brotherhoods

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It's nothing in the presence of your own thread

Hmph, I've been following up this research now and being quite startled...I can't find the what I thought original pages where I dug up this info...meh, lots and lots of searching to do >

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

That happens a lot... vanishing information on the internet
I use the wayback machine a lot to find old pages. One thing I noticed was a lot of pages vanished in the beginning months of 2008

Odd that

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

I'm not sure if I have commented previously but this thread is fantastically informative. Thanks again for your time and effort.

And to be frank, this thread didn't anywhere near enough discussion. Hopefully we can revive it because I am hooked on the topic now.
edit on 7-12-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It should be noted that several of the quotes in the OP are hoaxes created by ancient astronaut conspiracy theorists trying to sell books.

Ancient Indian texts are cool and bizarre, and some of the theories in the OP are interesting, but theres also some inaccurate info in there. Not trying to start a row, but all the 'evidence' of nuclear war in India is a hoax. Yes that includes the quotes from the mahabharata and the fake quote from the, "historian" who wasnt actually a historian and who died in the 1890s.

Still, an interesting thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

It's real easy to slander a post without providing that little thing we here on ATS call EVIDENCE.

Until you supply said EVIDENCE then you are no more than a troll.

I look forward to your informative and detailed rebuke of the OP.
edit on 7-12-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

How about you go to the mahabharata, which is easy enough to find online, and find the quote?

You won't.

On top of that, if you use google you find a very thorough history of the passages and where they came from and who invented them. Guess what, it wasn't Indians.

I already argued this silliness for days on ATS and won't do it again on this thread.... you ancient astronaut believers don't care about evidence.

If you REALLY want to know, ask an expert... there's plenty of mahabharata scholars willing to answer emails and they'll set you straight.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

WHAT? Captainnotsoobvious you don't mean you get annoyed seeing the same debunk arguments used over and over and over again? You are put off by a staggering lack of ability in others to do basic research? You have noted that many, even if given the evidence, take a step back, shake their heads and a day later demand the evidence again?

We award you the HARTE medal (3rd class) for conspicious work done in the performance of denying ignorance

We thank you

Mr. Harte will show up at a later time; give you the reward, a two pound bag of shredded Italian Lira and a kiss - but no tongue, that is reserved for 2nd class.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Actually I'll believe what my eyes see, and if you can show me that the quotes are incorrect I will believe it.

If you're not willing to put the effort in to educate the people still searching for answers then what are you doing on ATS?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Actually I'll believe what my eyes see, and if you can show me that the quotes are incorrect I will believe it.

If you're not willing to put the effort in to educate the people still searching for answers then what are you doing on ATS?

Well LightAssassin as you have requested information and said the magic word of 'searching for answers'

Here is something to get you started:

no to nukes

edit on 8/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
It should be noted that several of the quotes in the OP are hoaxes created by ancient astronaut conspiracy theorists trying to sell books.

So you keep saying
We get it... your not here to deny your ignorance

But you know what? We like discussing this topic, as if you haven't figured that out yet. So take your Harte Medal and wear it proudly... The Byrd/Harte/Hanslune team effort to debunk everything can use some new recruits

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Here is something to get you started:
no to nukes

A guy named Twit is your source?

And he says...

Twit Says:
July 13, 2008 at 11:56 pm | Reply

Gaurav Bhagat,
Thanks for dropping by and leaving your thoughts.
Certain areas in Rajasthan are indeed radioactive. If you visit those links given, you will know why.
Having the understanding of basic mathematics or astronomy or chemistry or perhaps even physics is one thing, but building a nuclear weapon is probably, another.
Regards

PRICELESS thanks for the link... I really like the reply he answered..

Gaurav Bhagat Says:
July 13, 2008 at 5:27 pm | Reply

As being indian I have been always interested in knowing the history of india. Most things are amazing to hear but hard to believe as we don’t find many evidences around.
The thing which for sure I know is…Jodhpur incident…I didnt know before a couple years about the radioactive site I read in few websites. If the place they say is correct, then it was just behind my home…about 2-3 kms from my home there.
Few things which I have noticed in a last few years about cancer and birth defects is that there is some truth in it. I myself lost my first baby(in 2003) for unknown cause (after full 9 month pregnancy), just before a couple days of due date. And that’s not it, in my neighborhood there were many similar cases, and in most cases doctors didn’t have any reason for it. And for sure I know that the housing development board was digging behind for making next sectors (it’s one of the biggest housing colonies in asia), those new sectors never finished, I did not know the reason but they stopped at sector 25 which was built before year 2000.
there are other interesting things which I know as I lived in jodhpur for most of my life but I will let it go.
it’s definitely hard to comprehend when you live in the age where pythagorus and euclid are known are known as great mathematicians, regardless that now so many researchers and mathematicians know that most of what they did was available in India 100s of years before they were even born. Sulbhasutram book is one of the example in which you can see and compare the quality of proofs which pythagorus and others did after a few hundred years. I have compared a couple by myself and I find it very easy to understand that why Pythagorian proofs are so difficult to comprehend than in Sulbhasutram.
So, finally…understand what you might…it doesn’t change our present. Anyway, I like to find the truth without being partial to anything and thats how I do my research.

edit on 8-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

So you keep saying
We get it... your not here to deny your ignorance

But you know what? We like discussing this topic, as if you haven't figured that out yet. So take your Harte Medal and wear it proudly... The Byrd/Harte/Hanslune team effort to debunk everything can use some new recruits

Howdy Zorgon:

Why do you enjoy talking over the same subject over and over again, being shown the evidence over and over that its fake. Is there some reason to that? Is this some sort of intellectual practice to sharpen your skllls at denial? Seriously, why pick something so obvious fake and promote it?

Why not something not fake like: How the Indonesian got to Madasgascar; what was the range of the Denisovans? Celtic maritime skills? ...but no we need to go over the fake Indian nuclear thing for the 127th time...lol

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Why do you enjoy talking over the same subject over and over again, being shown the evidence over and over that its fake. Is there some reason to that? Is this some sort of intellectual practice to sharpen your skllls at denial? Seriously, why pick something so obvious fake and promote it?

Because I don't take the debunkers word for it. The radiation report I have says;

Besides, anomalous concentration of U, Th, Y and Zr have also been noted. The criss-cross veinlets of limonite with adsorbed uranium in the palaeosol indicate the presence of anomalous uranium in the system and post- formation solution activity.

So I will just follow my own leads

The Desert Glass found in large areas with zero sign of meteorite impacts is not a bad clue either. Scientists are still not sure about that.

Why do I persist? The same reason you Harte and Byrd feel the need to debunk every odd idea on archaeology here

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

being shown the evidence over and over that its fake.

You keep saying 'fake' yet the ancient literature from around the world indicate fantastic weapons and powers from the Gods. I have many examples from various texts and those stories are the basis of most ancient astronaut conspiracy.

I have not yet actually read the original Indian texts but its on my list. I have many contacts in India to get translations.

What I don't understand is why you and your crew work so hard to debunk everything
Got an agenda?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Because I don't take the debunkers word for it. The radiation report I have says;

Okay link to this report

So I will just follow my own leads

Does that mean you only believe stuff that supports your position? Well lets wait and see this report

The Desert Glass found in large areas with zero sign of meteorite impacts is not a bad clue either. Scientists are still not sure about that.

You must read different reports than I do, are you talking abou the ones in the eastern Sahara? So lets see your report - you do know they have done more research in the last few years...

Why do I persist? The same reason you Harte and Byrd feel the need to debunk every odd idea on archaeology here

Nope, we only provide evidence against the same old tired thoroughly debunk ideas from DECADES ago. Actually there are some odd ideas we support. Here's a question for you - if we are all against 'odd ideas' why do we support the Hobbit and the Denisovan finds? Are they not 'odd' enough?

Debate is the life blood of science it is how concensus is reached. However it is not helped by going over the same failed material over and over again because of ego bias.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You keep saying 'fake' yet the ancient literature from around the world indicate fantastic weapons and powers from the Gods. I have many examples from various texts and those stories are the basis of most ancient astronaut conspiracy.

Sorry, we are talking specifically about the claim of nuclear weapons used in ancient India. You've moved the goal posts to include a vaster question. The fake reports of nuclear weapons use in India, is fake

Of course you have examples but are they evidence? Ancient hearsay is just that.

I have not yet actually read the original Indian texts but its on my list. I have many contacts in India to get translations.

I have read them and they don't say what you hope they say, the quotes you often see are made up. I recommend that you do read them I found it rather tedious as I don't like fantasy.

What I don't understand is why you and your crew work so hard to debunk everything
Got an agenda?

Yes we love truth and science; and fight against nonsense and pseudo-science, you got an agenda?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The reports are in the other thread...

That I read different reports than you do is a given

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

The reports are in the other thread...

That I read different reports than you do is a given

Yes which illustrates a profound problem; a report in science that is found to be wrong is corrected; a report in pseudo science that is found to be wrong is NOT corrected and used for decades afterward.

Goodnight Zorgon, I will speak to you tomorrow

edit on 8/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Goodnight Zorgon, I will speak to you tomorrow

The problems arise when scientists can't agree
That means they are only guessing and then going with the popular theory... but it is still just a theory, not proven fact. So that allows us room for speculation.

Tektites

In 1961, officials at the U.S. Air Force's Cambridge Research Laboratories in Bedford, Massachusetts, were keenly interested in the chemical and physical characteristics of tektites. "Project 7698" was commissioned with W.H. Pinson, Jr. of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as the principal investigator. The 7698 final report concluded that the strontium isotopic composition of tektites did not match those of terrestrial rocks and impactites. Pinson concluded the theory of formation by random fusion of terrestrial materials "whether by impact of meteorites, asteroids, comets or lightning" could not be supported.

NASA scientist John A. O'Keefe published numerous papers between the 1950s and 1990s discussing these lunar rare-earth, isotopic and other chemistries, and how they relate to tektite glass.

Thus, some tektite researchers continue to strongly disagree with the popular terrestrial-impact theory; they suggest tektites are more likely volcanic ejecta from the Moon.

en.wikipedia.org...

Libyan Desert Glass

The origin of the glass is a controversial issue for the scientific community, with many evolving theories...

Fragments of desert glass can be found over large areas, up to tens of kilometers...

Some geologists associate the glass not with impact melt ejecta, but with radiative melting from meteoric large aerial bursts. If that were the case, the glass would be analogous to trinitite, which is created from sand exposed to the thermal radiation of a nuclear explosion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Trinitite

Trinitite, also known as Atomsite or Alamogordo Glass, is the name given to the glassy residue left on the desert floor after the plutonium-based Trinity nuclear bomb test on July 16, 1945, near Alamogordo, New Mexico. The glass is primarily composed of arkosic sand composed of quartz grains and feldspar (both microcline and smaller amount of plagioclase with small amount of calcite, hornblende and augite in a matrix of sandy clay) that was melted by the atomic blast. It is usually a light green, although color can vary. It is mildly radioactive, but is safe to handle

en.wikipedia.org...

So the jury is still out

edit on 8-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I do wonder why so many people seem to WANT to believe hoaxes. This nuclear weapons stuff is pretty obviously a hoax. The history of the hoax is documented and the lies supporting the hoax have been carefully explained and repeatedly and calmly debunked, with supporting links, etc.

Imagine if I created a thread that said, "The bible claims Obama is the second coming of Christ."

Then I made up some vaguely biblical sounding quote supporting this.

Then a bunch of pro-Obama sites around the Internet copied my thread, verbatim.

Then imagine a sceptic or two came along and pointed out the text wasn't in the bible.

At this point folks would have three choices:

1. Check for themselves
2. Choose to believe/disbelieve for no reason
3. Ignore the thread

If you believe these verses are in marabhata and you haven't checked, you're embracing ignorance. The book is online, the explanations of the origin of the hoaxes are available and ... If you're really super concerned, do what I did, find a marhabata scholar, there's more than one,and email them.

But please don't just believe random #. And then don't get upset when your RANDOM beliefs are debunked.

And then after they're debunked don't pretend theyre valid, because there is right and wrong in this case, like Obama/Bible thing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join