It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India: An Aryan Conspiracy, Ancient Technology and Secret Brotherhoods

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I admit I haven't read textbooks regarding to anything about India...but I read books around it and yes, definitely mentioned in MANY non fiction books. I don't have the money to afford textbooks and I've had people that I trust tell me they've found the Aryan Invasion theory in textbooks...and I trust them completely. I would ask them but my school term has just finished. I will find out as soon as possible and u2u you
Try the Indian textbooks? I've heard some of them carry it.

I'm quite assured by what onboard2 and Flux8 have posted in support of your position, it is clearly a lacking on my part. I'm not sure if it could be, that it isn't mentioned in the type of books I read, or whether the books I read are too current to encompass it, or whether it is explained differently. Or, I wonder, whether it is something that is particularly cultural, given the caste system? Either way, thank you for bringing it to my attention, you have expanded my perspective, I like people who do that. And I apologise for doubting you.

Yeah I did forget about those invasions though they're a crucial part, and for that I apologise.

Alexander, in particular, is very important, to cultural mythology, and you will find his imprint wherever his influence reached. Michael Wood's 'In the Footsteps of Alexander' is a good place to start, and possibly, you might be able to find that series on YouTube. Not sure though I haven't checked. The book can be obtained fairly cheaply second hand though. Alexander was a syncretist, and instituted a religion across his empire based upon his worship as the 'annointed one'. Rudyard Kipling's the Man who would be King may be of interest to you, again if you can't get the book, the film is a good substitute and may be available online for free.

Yep, I think I'll look into those movements as well as you mentioned...I guess a lot of research is in order. Thanks for the fascinating views you've brought to this thread...a different side and I must say, I need to become more open minded to that. ( I usually am but I just get really testy when it comes to India!)

And so you should. You have a rich, and diverse, cultural history, it is worth defending. My brother recently returned from a two month trip to India, he can't wait to go back for a much longer stay. He was impressed, with the people as much as anything. I think that you are exceptionally open minded and clearly have an intelligent and enquiring mind. Not to mention your excellent attitute. I'm as impressed as everyone else. And, as you and others have pointed out, I clearly have more research to do myself.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This article is truely facinating! A collective of real great stuff..... I have always been very interested in. Reading this, and then what really caught my eye, in respect to what I have been reading into and kind-of researching, is the 9 unkown men reference whom posess the 9 books of knowledge. Now with this opened my eye to what i've been reading into which is... the great ennead of heliopolis, egypt. The 9. Hmmm well if you even look at the egyptian heroglyphs, the gylphs picture the 8 or 9 over a blue man- atum- or Geb. and since this ancient hindu texts and mythology is far older than that of egypt ( so the crappy dating in our writen history we are taught, tells us ) I can't help but bridge the two. especially when atum or geb is depicted as blue and so is krishna. hmmm KRST? perhaps, i'm of on another tangent to read more into this, thankyou for this great article and insight.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Right, let me firstly address the issues posters have with the reference to the British movement into India. It's my opinion...and yes, as I've written in posts...I'm looking more into it so fully be able to debate whether it was good or bad. And that's a slight reference in the original post I've made...and really doesn't have much to do with the rest of the thing.

reply to post by Vedun

I am embarrassed to say I've never heard of the Russian Vedas. Could you give me any links to where I should start?

reply to post by athousandlives

It's sad indeed that we've fed BS and then when people listen to probably, more truth than the BS they get fed...they think it's BS themselves. I had a discussion today with a few aunties about this...and you could tell one of them thought it was complete BS haha...and she herself is from India.

reply to post by carpooler

Interesting view...I haven't looked at it from that nor even thought about it...I shall do

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

We don't know everything in the world nor aspire to it...we can always try
I guess we both have loads of things to learn!

reply to post by Bridonnic

The Great Ennead of Heliopolis...again never heard of this but if what you say is true...wowzers. There's actually a lot of references to 9 people or things that have importance in cultures...I think that's another aspect we should all look into it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

And this is quite obvious:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84d460138a73.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4783771d361b.gif[/atsimg]

I'd argue that looks more like a flying saucer than an airship. In each of the previous pictures a gap indicated a window. also the curved bottom dictates more saucer.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Loopdaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Loopdaloop

Yep I can see that but just for your information...it's been debunked...there are some links edited in by a mod which show that, at the end of the post.
edit on 23-7-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
I say remember the Cawnpore Well, the Massacre of the Innocents,Meerut and the Suttee Ghat.....things capable of such would never have made a "great"anything...animals and devil spawn is all they have ever been
"And then there was Riding Master Langdale's daughter "...I congratulate you on your knowledge...few know or even WANT to know of those events....your use of the spelling of Victorias time shows you are a student of history....The animal Tanta Pope and his minions,as well as the sub-humans running wild shows what humans are capable of when all restraints of society are loosed...and what was done to the children
is unspeakable and should be a national shame for that blighted country...."civilization" my a*s

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DeKalb

"...."civilization" my a*s " is an apt assessment...it only been a 150 yrs since The Mutiny...people are there today whose grandparents and great grandparents ran with Pandy's friends

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have not even had time to go thru HALF of the thread yet, but I had to take time to reply...

- excellent topic and research - this is all VERY interesting (and, as stated, I'm not even done yet)
- perfect thread structure: arrangement of topics, appearance (breaks, titles, pics, spacing), so important(!)
- this reply will forever be a bookmark so I can reference this in the future

I regret that I have but 1 star (and flag) to give to this thread!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
really wow...thank you for the info...great post

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Migration is not the same thing as invasion, there is clear evidence that the group called the"aryans" were not Indian and that they settled and influenced the culture of South India particularly, including the temple architecture which is distinctly pyramid shaped.

edit on 23-7-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I always get a warm feeling when some of our members actively participate in controversial discussion with an open mind and contribute with an on topic informative video/reply even if I may disagree with it. [Not saying this is the case]

Star for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Awesome thread my only problem with it is that the scripts said "how to build a ship that will not burn or be destroyed by fire. basically it stated that the instruction show how to make a ship indestructible. Did they not follow the instructions. where are these ships if they were indestructible.........

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Migration is not the same thing as invasion, there is clear evidence that the group called the"aryans" were not Indian and that they settled and influenced the culture of South India particularly, including the temple architecture which is distinctly pyramid shaped.

edit on 23-7-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

This is what this entire thread is about and this is proof that the Aryan invasion theory is taught in schools in India. The lighter the skin, the more 'civilized'. Originally, the word "Aryan" or "Arya" signified a person that was riteous or pure, without sin before their god.

Also, the Iranians called themselves "Ari", which meant the same thing. Maybe they migrated to the Indus Valley?

Q: Are there any Hindu scholars who supported this Western theory?
A: This theory has received support from some Brahmin scholars. This is a very strange phenomenon. As Hindus, they should ordinarily show a dislike for the Aryan theory with its express avowal of the superiority of the European races over the Asiatic races. But the Brahmin scholar has not only no such aversion but he most willingly hails it. He claims to be the representative of the Aryan race and he regards the rest of the Hindus as descendants of the non-Aryans.

www.hvk.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by LUXUS

I always get a warm feeling when some of our members actively participate in controversial discussion with an open mind and contribute with an on topic informative video/reply even if I may disagree with it. [Not saying this is the case]

Star for you.

Luxus posts another of Michael Wood's documentary series. I'm not sure which.

Michael Wood's documentary series are all worth watching he knows how to teach history with the enthusiasm it deserves. Simon Schama, who wrote and presented the epic series, The History of Britain, for the BBC, recently did a talk at the University of York. He commented that it is the easiest thing to make history interesting and exciting, but that there are many academics seemingly working very hard to make it as a dull as possible. In the course of these threads, I have realised just how much I take for granted, and how well I have been educated by the BBC. One of the reasons I have never complained about the licence fee. Worth it for the Natural History Unit productions alone

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Nice job BlackPoison! Been looking forward to this one, I was hoping to see some of my photos but I guess they don't really fit. Nice work on this one though. Star and flag of course!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This thread is fantastic! We just moved to the Indian neighborhood of our city, and I want to study more Indian culture and history to better understand our neighborhood and neighbors. I really learned a lot, OP, thanks!

Star and flag. Can't wait to go back and check out the links and read the replies.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Very great thread indeed! There is so much about our history of humankind that intrigues me. There will a time when all the truth of our planets history will be revealed and the history books will be null and void.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I concur with what the OP states here and it has always been my contention that ancient man could possibly have been more advanced than we acquiesce to giving them credit for. It clearly insinuates a bias and perhaps we fear that we would have to undo everything we think we know about our past.....We constantly see anomalies arise such as the Antikythera mechanism which is rather unbecoming for a so called primitive age.....Even in the bible for example the manner in which the cities of Soddom and Gommorah were destroyed is akin to that of a nuclear explosion and the dead sea might be a living remnant of what happened there. Is it likely that these two citations are linked?....It is difficult to say. However what intrigues me is as to why these so called brotherhoods that you mention would withhold such information and maybe they concur with my view of our nation's government. For the record I don't quite agree that India is much better of now considering the deplorable condition that the country is in which is a direct consequence of public apathy rather than the British rule.....In a way despite the atrocities that they meted out they unknowingly fashioned an identity for us after all. (India was invaded several times before and we were only a melange of several nation-states and in a way it is so even now).This I say because India as a homogeneous entity existed only from a western perspective....For that I am grateful. However I don't think that India is fit to be ruled by a democracy considering the fragmented mentality of its people.

The flying machines that are made allusions to in ancient scriptures such as Elijah's chariot,vimanas intrigue me...

Persian Fire intrigues me.....

The Iron Pillar at Delhi is fascinating......

The fire that destroyed the Library of Alexandria is disappointing....

Homer's Oddyssey is still incomplete....Undoubtedly an important part of man's history is still missing.

To find a mention of the speed of light in the rig veda is amazing,,,

Most unfortunate of all is the fact that those from the Indus Valley civilization never bothered to find a means for keeping a veritable chronicle of events that occurred. Otherwise we wouldn't have to resort to speculation.

Perhaps we are only re-discovering things that they already knew as you state...

Another thing I find interesting is the architecture of ancient civilizations......You could say that modern architecture is arguably only slightly more advanced than Greek or Roman architecture. The nature of planning in those ancient civilizations is rather advanced even from a contemporary perspective.

Is it not ironical that one hand we have a panoramic view of our once glorious past and on the other hand we are on the verge of war once again?.....Despite our progress we cannot resist those primordial urges, the inherent bias that the human persona encompasses that even aeons of evolution have failed to extradite from our psyche.It is the nature of man to go to war and we shall eventually be the cause of our own destruction.Man is like a scourge.

The past tells us of fascinating things that we find difficult to believe. Among these I find the story of the tower of babel as being the one that piques my interest the most.......A singularity, a hive intelligence and then the resurgence of man's true nature - the urge to kill that what we perceive as being a threat.

Forgive me if I have digressed from the topic of discussion but I think what I mentioned here does bear relevance with the position that you are trying to consolidate.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Leonardo01 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Indians did not attribute the technology of flight to themselves ie the Vimana, they attribute this technology to a group of Asuras called the Danavas. They call it "the science of the Danavas".

In the Secret Doctrine Blavatsky says Maya Danava was from Atlantis, that means this technology comes from Atlantis!!

"When the Daityas were being slaughtered they again took to their vimana and, employing the Danava science, flew up into the sky

(Mahabharata)
edit on 25-7-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join