It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Signs That The Fabric Of American Society Is Coming Apart At The Seams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
In my home we teach shame, honesty, trust, standards and morals. Personally, I think it is harder to live a decent life because you own up to your mistakes, and you take care of your responsibilities. And you take responsibility for your actions.

You put Shame first. Interesting.

We put Personal Responsibility first. Integrity second. Respect for self and others.

Shame? Is that like Guilt?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Meh.. Im not shocked.

In my town in the last **4 days**.. so far:

a guy goes to buy some rims for his car off of Craigslist, goes in the house, three guys pull a gun on him and rob him.. and take his car. The paper reports it and everyone blames THE VICTIM!

A 10 yr old gets a shotgun and shoots the 5 yr old brother. 10 yr old was babysitting.

3 yr old finds a gun at his parents house.. the dads a cop.. and shoots himself in the head. Dad is first on the scene.

Bunch of thefts and etc..

2 people dead from the heat

2 ex dominos pizza employees not only rob a driver but commit an armed robbery on the business.

armed and aggravated robbery.. a 20 yr old decides to be an armed robber with a bb gun and beat folks with a bludgeon.

some dumb drunk hag ran down the road and flagged down a cop.. told him her kid was missing. The kid was right there.. 8 yrs old.. she was just too drunk to see him I guess.

Guy sitting on his own porch, 2 guys walk up to him and pull a gun out.. robbed him. He even knew one of the guys who robbed him!

2 cases of elder abuse. one was pretty severe. The adult kids pushed their mom down the stairs to kill her, but only hurt her. She was afraid to tell on them.. and finally medical personnel got it out of her.

Guy is in jail this week for walking in a house and beating an elderly woman to death who was laying on her own couch. He beat her to death and robbed her. He claimed the beating was self defense.

Thats just what I KNOW about and a casual glance at the blotter.

for me.. this week I had 5 cop cars pull up and they surrounded the house.... looked in windows and scared my kid to death. My dogs went on attack mode. I turned around and on my back porch were 2 cops and a plain clothes in my yard. I have no idea what my problem is but I walked out on the porch and asked them what the hell they were doing in my yard. LOL! They said they had a 911 call of a woman screaming that the GPS gave MY address for the cell number. I said go ahead and come in and look around... then go find the woman who needs help. I used to run the crime stoppers here and they already knew me... so they didnt look in and went door to door trying to find the woman since the GPS is obviously crap. Never found her as far as I know.

Now Im teased about nearly being the lady who's dogs were shot and got tazed for not showing proper "respect" by barking at them about being in my yard and looking in my windows.
They truly were doing the right thing though.. trying to ascertain the situation and save a woman in trouble without giving the perp the upper hand.

What Im getting at is that these crazy things are everywhere.. and have been forever. I dont live in the ghetto.. I live in a large 5 bedroom historic home in a very nice neighborhood in a small southern illinois town.
Talk to some cops.. especially retired cops. these things are NOTHING new.. people have always been crap.. always will be pieces of crap. Everyone will concede this though.. it is happening much more often.

As far as the Mob robberies.. the article in the OP is incorrect. They have been around forever.. but not in this frequency. Our mob issues started 2 yrs ago and I reported them right here last year on ATS and was called a liar even though I posted the news links. 200+ strong mobs going nuts in our town. What the geniuses dont get is that crime comes to your town in vehicles and in numbers your cops cant handle these days. So much for denying the problem now, huh?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I guess that is interesting that I put shame first, if that means anything I have no clue. But I do know that if you can't feel shame then many of the other appropriate behaviors are easier to neglect. To me having no shame is the same has not having a conscious.

If you have no shame then you have no guilt or sense of inappropriate behavior for trying to sell a baby. You have no regret for killing you parents then throwing a party. You have no embarrassment for cheating. Guilt, regret and embarrassment are all under the definition of shame. You need shame in order to have responsibly for your behavior. Or at least in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
HAHA we had Jesse Jackson in town yesterday 107 outdoors he didn't do his march. Too hot for that. 3 guys robbed a jewlery store and the owner opened fire on em. people want to charge him for discharging a weapon in public when he wasn't really in trouble 3 guns against 1 and he won

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
These aren't signs that the fabric of American society is coming apart at the seams. This kind of stuff always happens and has always happened. It is a sign though that the press is becoming more efficient at reporting all of these things.

...yep... except i would replace the word "reporting" with "sensationalizing"...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
reply to post by Solasis

I am replying to Solasis response because when I read their responses it seemed like they were just shrugging their shoulders & saying "oh well" like a majority of the country is doing. Yes, thieves steal but the punishment they now receive doesn't seem to be a very large deterrent. .

... You obviously didn't read my post, because I wasn't just shrugging my shoulders. I was pointing out which ones are actually indicative of trends, and which ones are just stuff that happens and has always happened. And then I said "Instead of freaking out, let's hear some solutions!"

One act of random kindness a week is at least a step. It's unenforceable and completely personal, but it is a step towards improvement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join