It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roleplaying Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, I'll be honest. I'm an addict. But with only powergamers to play with locally, it's hard. Fierce hard. SO, I'm putting forth a proposition to ATS, looking for players, maybe even a few GM/DM/ST types. No, I don't play Werewolf. I don't do crossovers, I don't allow for Third Edition style nonsense as far as I lead a campaign, and will protest all of the above if a player. Here is the list of stuff I can do:

AD&D, Second Edition: The glorious grandfather of them all. I have the player's guide, and two suppliments to help a DM. I can DM if pressed, but it's a little hard for me.

Vampire: the Masquerade and Mage: The Ascension : Have a clanbook or two, and a few suppliments. I can only play VTM, but I want to try Mage.

Wraith: The Oblivion : Oh, I can ST like the wind. I have a newb campaign just about ready to go. I also have everything I need to start playing, each and every book, etc. I just need four players, and I'm good to go.

Hunter: The Reckoning : I love the way this game looks. I want to play it so bad. Once again, I can ST if severely pressed, but I don't have a campaign, no experience and a very limited set of tools.

Mechwarrior, 3E: Heard of it, have a few suppliments here and there. Looks interesting. I want to play, no idea of how to GM.

Shadowrun: My favorite of the bunch. I have every suppliment, all the basics down, have a full out campaign ready to go, alll the tools. I offer starting bonuses for those who play the more challenging professions, am willing to play with any and all advanced rules. I'm looking for a five to seven player group, with a number of different play styles. I can GM, and I can play. If someone else wants to GM, I'll hand over my campaign ideas without a second thought.

Well, that's the list. If you can any questiosn about game content, wish to volunteer, then feel free to post. I'm willing to take on new players who have never roleplayed.

DE

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I love Shadowrun. It is the best RP ever...

I love playing these RP's, but I have no GM or DM skills

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Vhaerun]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you want to play SR, hop right on in. I forgot to mention, it's 3E shadowrun too. I GM on a reward/punishment scale: the more you get into the game, the more I will reward you. If you jsut schlep around, don't expect an ounce of mercy. Example: You are Sam, a street samurai. At a certain point, I will ask everyoen involved to start playing with Cannon Companion advanced rules You will have the option of hopping on the bandwagon and learning, or not. same with MITS, and VR2. You cna play with or without the advanced rules. However, those with teh advanced rules will have the advantage. Sam chooses not to play with Cannon Companion rules. This doesn't prevent an enemy from doing so...

And we will ROPLEPLAY, not just apply blika.

DE

PS- I realize I sound really gung-ho. But Shadowrun is a hardcore game, and I treat it well.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And where exactly would I "hop right in"?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, every position is open. Street sam, mage, shaman, rigger, decker, face, 'entry expert', electronics... what do YOU want your character to do?

DE

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry.

What I meant was where is the games going on (as in where on the internet are the games occuring?)

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
MSN or yahoo are best bets, unless anyone has some better suggestions.

DE

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I would have to say MSN, if we go IM RP'ing.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That's the plan. All we need is volunteers.

DE

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
man, I am glad you started this thread...

my girl and I have this role playing game... uh wait a minute, I don't think you're talking about those kind of "role Playing Games"... :shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

new topics

top topics

join