It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer threatens concealed-carry driver with execution, beating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

From the Ohio CCW Coalition

William pulled his car to the side of the road to let out two passengers, but only the female occupant managed to exit before the police pulled up and began screaming at all three parties. "Stay in that car, I'm not going to mess around," screamed one of the officers at the two people attempting to exit the vehicle. The driver and concealed handgun licensee, William, remained seated in his vehicle when an officer entered the rear of the vehicle.

William stated, "I have a concealed carry, and..." when he was abruptly told to shut up. Dash camera video footage shows the driver turning his head, and his voice can be heard, but the words are inaudible. A few minutes passed while the officer continued to berate the two passengers. He proceeded to the driver's side and tries to open the door but is delayed by a seat belt.

...people like you don't deserve to @#$%#$ move throughout public. Period!... William states "I have a conceal..." and the officer demands that he better tell the truth or else! This interruption causes William to "tell the truth" and his attempt to notify is interrupted. William exited the vehicle with his driver's license in the same hand as his concealed handgun license. He held it up for the officer to see, and the officer said, "Why are you having that?" This gave William the opportunity to say, "I have a CCW, and..." The officer then said, "Do you have a gun?" William answered yes, causing the officer to grab it from William's waist.

At this point, William was handcuffed and put into the police cruiser. The officer then started to berate William, stating: "I should blast you in the mouth right now ... I'm close to caving in your head." and "you're just a stupid human being!"

Normally I am one to give police the benefit of the doubt but this goes far beyond the line.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The one question everyone must ask themselves.

Would you trust this "officer" around your children?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
And not a damn thing is going to happen to this thug cop, who looks likes he's probably doped up on roids. It is no wonder cops get shot. I feel no sorrow for a dead cop, none.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Also in Social Issues/Civil Unrest: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wish there was a nice way to combine or connect threads across categories.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
And not a damn thing is going to happen to this thug cop, who looks likes he's probably doped up on roids. It is no wonder cops get shot. I feel no sorrow for a dead cop, none.

I think that’s a bit much.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This cop has a definite anger issue going on. He sounds more like a drill sergeant than a police officer. That was an awful lot of physical threats he made - at least 2 to put 10 rounds in him plus several "i oughta beat your head ins".
He should know better than to escalate the situation.
Very poorly handled on his part.

This is very instructive as I have a CCW also.
I think I'll tell the officer even if he tells me to shut up.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

For the record, according to the Chief of Police and the facebook page: Canton Ohio Police

I want to assure our citizens that the behavior, as demonstrated in this video, is wholly unacceptable and in complete contradiction to the professional standards we demand of our officers. As such, appropriate steps were placed in motion as dictated by our standards, policies and contractual obligations. Those steps included: The officer immediately being relieved of all duty. The incident has been referred to the Internal Affairs Bureau for what will be a complete and thorough investigation. As bad as the video indicates our officer's actions were, there is a due process procedure to follow. That process is designed in the best interest of both our employees and the citizens at large. That process will be followed in this case as in all others. Anyone shown to be in violation of our rules and regulations will be help appropriately responsible as dictated by all the facts. ~Chief Dean McKimm

So it sounds like actions have been taken against the officer. Rightfully so!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join