It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands up..whos cheesed off with the phone hack tale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I dont't know about you lot, but i've stopped putting the news on..sick and bloody tired of hearing about phone hack scandal. My thoughts go out to anyone effected by the events...but please please stop ramming down our throats. I really could'nt care, the whole bloody lot are as bad as each other..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Only the people who didn't know it was already going on and about as corrupt as can be.
They are somehow surprised. Not like everyone wasn't already saying this guy is up to no good.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It is good to hear you finally turned that rubbish off. As for the phone hacking, this is only a small ice cube on the tip of the ice burg, it gets a hell of a lot more disgusting and sickening.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Only part of this I am interested in is those who are kicked out of their positions or whom resigns.

Come on we already knew for years, that this hacking and ears dropping into people phone conversations, emails etc were occurring. We the UK Public did not care wither it was politicians or celebrities whom were being hacked, but when it actually hit us ordinary citizens the we were disgusted.

But I agree we have more things to worry about than the political scoring which is occuring between the parties in parliament.

While we are continually getting drawn deeper in to the conflict in Libya, the European Crisis, Worry about our jobs etc, the politicians think we are interested in who did what and to who, The mainstream media are just as bad for stirring all this up also.

They are trying to distract us the public from other things which are occuring in the world.
edit on 21-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
thing what gets me is that the public love(d) reading the storys that the phone hacking was involved in. the public love reading other peoples heart break ect...... but its all fine and dandy untill a dead girls phone got hacked..... well people of the uk its YOU that help along with this in buying the paper rags in the first place.. come on ppl all the big papers do it and pay for info and probs worse. would there been so much of an out cry if it was a dead 30year old guys phone that got hacked ? i dont think so but it still would of hurt the family memebers the just as bad. so all the 'sheeple' out there wind your necks in and stop jumping on the media band wagon

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You obviously don't see the bigger picture...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
You obviously don't see the bigger picture...

which is ?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
in the states between the hacking story and the "who gives a you know what" political hopefull season , and year two of the debt crisis story, most news outlets are basically in suspended animation, cant get a update on greece (which might as well be the US through a crystal ball) or ireland; and whatever happened to that pesky world altering fukushima disaster of epic purportion, or the nuc breach in the midwest, main stream media has let me down most of this year missing or miscovering story after story

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
I dont't know about you lot, but i've stopped putting the news on..sick and bloody tired of hearing about phone hack scandal. My thoughts go out to anyone effected by the events...but please please stop ramming down our throats. I really could'nt care, the whole bloody lot are as bad as each other..

Watch FOX News then.... they won't even whisper anything about it there.

I'm glad its finally becoming transparent. Too often people lap up the personal lives of others on the front pages of trashy mags instead of focusing on the real issues that are effecting every one of us.
Its about time the money trail was investigated and the corrupt cops were given their marching orders.
Meanwhile... I rarely watch the news or read the papers as I can't tolerate the news readers, the weather guys or paying for papers full of adverts.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

When I get to where your at... I simply choose not to read about it.

No sense in bringing it up, hence starting the conversation about what you despise in your own thread. Rather Oxy, actually.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack

Man, I'm loving the lot of it. All the high up slime balls are being held accountable, I love seeing these rich controllers squirming. I hope it carries on for a while longer yet and more people are exposed for what they are.

This situation should also go to some length to clean up the gutter press a bit, it'll still be the gutter, just a bit cleaner.

top topics

join