It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Arrest 20 Teens Leaving a Movie for Curfew Violation 20 Mins before Curfew Starts

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's my opinion that this type of action is just to create all of our own "paper trails" through their system.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Dogdish because: tmi

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is completely outrageous and unacceptable.

When I was a kid, there was a curfew, but it seemed like it was legitimately for our protection, as evidenced by what would happen if you were out after it. The cops would stop and ask what you were doing. Not in any menacing way. And they would offer you a ride home!

Arresting children who aren't doing anything wrong should be a criminal act.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Frogs

If they were 20 minutes from home then they had no way to make it home in time for the curfew to end. And I think Oklahoma City and the environs are a little punchy because they want to keep a close eye on the kids and the government buildings. They have some Tim Mc Veigh history there and so guess that's why. Doesn't make it right though. I'd move.

They were waiting for their parents to pick them up though. So lets say their parents arrived at 11pm, so if a police sees a child with a parent outside their home after 11pm, they have to arrest the child? DOESNT MAKE SENSE NOW DOES IT?

Will you Americans wake up already? Your country is a POLICE STATE.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Curfew applies to children (unless Martial Law).

In the US (all states to my knowledge) there is something called the "Age of Majority". Age of Majority = 18 years of age.

The age of majority represents a "legal transition of status" from child to adult.

In most cases, Children (or minors) are considered differently under the law, there are different court systems and detention facilities.

Parents of children are usually adults. They are in most circumstances, responsible party for their childrens actions.

Curfew (this one in particular) is a response seemingly to parents ineptitude regarding their responsibilities.

"It's 10 oclock. Do you know where your Children are?"

The curfew isn't the story here. The story here is $$$$ and what local LE and cronies in the Childrens Dentention racket will do to get that money. They say OK is bad in the financial way, from the state to the municipalities. The shift from Peace to Code Enforcement is telling. It's all about the Benjamins!
edit on 22-7-2011 by pwndnewb because: Removed run on.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by jaamaan
Yes my exact thought.
A curfew !?

This sounds like something from a world war 2 movie.

I know, right? The kids will have to fight back with dance!

This is definitely one of those things that I just can't believe happens in America. I've lived in places where they talked about it but they've never actually instituted it.
edit on 21-7-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Seems like an interesting movie, but I can already see that its an American film. Even though the story takes place in nazi germany, the entire atmosphere isn't. It's impossible for Americans to recreate that feeling, I assume because you have never had to endure anything like that, something so repressive.

For a long time I was very certain about this new world order and in a way I still am, but it really confuses me for I really see no ideology at work. In nazi-germany the nazi ideology was very clear. But with this new world order, its all so vague and hard to grasp at. Am I the only with this problem?

What are we imagining? A new nazi regime? That will never happen, it will never be allowed(by the people), how could it?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

My hometown is 2500 people... small town in rural middle-America. We've had curfews for under 18 since 1997. The ACLU even helped to fight it... but to no avail.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
IS YOU FOR REALS?

but in all seriosness we dont know the intire story they may have been doin somthing stupid
. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,]
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.]
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .[.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,], .~”; /. .. .]
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .]. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . ].>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
having a curfew is a violation of the first amendment if people wish to go out after the sun goes down thats their right those cops should be shot for not knowing that ask a cop if they know the first amendment and see if they tell you it

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DBCooper71
Hold on a minute, You have curfews for teenagers?.....In America?
So much for the land of the free.

Yeah....it ain't nothing new either. I remember having them when I was a child, and I'm 36 now. I think generally around here it was only temporary......like some bad event would happen involving teens and then there'd be a curfew for a few months.....just a political thing to make the parents think that the state was doing something to stop...whatever it was that started the curfew. Then it'd go away pretty much as quickly as it came. There may very well be permanent curfews in certain states or cities....I don't know. Not being a teen anymore I haven't really payed attention. though i thought it was stupid back then, and I think it's stupid now. Personally I think people need to have a short period in their life where they party irresponsibly and stay up late.....Might as well get it out of your system when your a teen....otherwise you'll be doing it in college and screwing up your classes. (or worse you'll be doing it in your 30's......I've noticed a lot of people I've grown up with have started partying again, as if they are going through an early mid life crisis or something.....not sure why that is)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Pure stupidity. And now a generation of children will view the government with contempt and having no legitimacy. The government once again signs its own death warrant.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Does anyone know if and what the ransom was?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I grew up in a small town in washington state called Elma. When I lived there they had a curfew, can't remember the details but if you were young then you couldn't be out late basically. The town was small at like 7000 people or so. Thing is, as with most laws of this nature it backfired. Me and my friends when we were 13-14ish would go out all dressed in black after curfew on purpose, so that cops would chase us...it was quite a thrill, had there been no curfew then who knows what we woulda done for fun all those nights.

In case anyone is wondering, they only caught us once.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yep, it is true I suppose it is enforceable not to sure on the laws in the various state of this wonderful nation...?

I live in California and I was only ever stopped once for it though. I just told the cop my friends and I were walking home and that was good enough for him.

Stupid fckin' cops everywhere now-a-days though. Half of the stuff cops do is to make the government

MONEY MONEYYYYYYYYYYYY and the other half is pure rage bs.

The bad cops outweigh the number of good cops by a huge amount.
edit on 22-7-2011 by ElectricWizard because: .

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik
curfews are a pain. i got stopped once on the way home from my after school job.

the almost funny part was i had NEVER even heard that there was such a thing. i later asked my friends and THEY didn't know about it. in fact both their parents and my parents also never knew about it. now ignorance may not be an excuse, but hey don't you think people besides the cops should know about it?

No, ignorance is an excuse. There are millions of pages of laws and you can't expected to know any of them since they are all legal gibberish. So long as you aren't harming any one else (except in self defense) you have a perfectly valid excuse.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Before any of you get angry, stop and think maybe curfews are needed. I know in the U.K teens rule the streets at night, intimidating local ADULT residents and making life hell for them, up to a point were they fear to leave their own homes at night .
A curfew there would be welcome.
I don't think the adult residents in the U.K are "FREE" so sometimes rules like this are needed to FREE people.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by musashi9

Mate, please....here in the uk..we all rule...no teenagers rule any area i have been in, be it Manchester, where im from or london which i have been in many times, i have traveled all over the uk, no teenagers rule..please..
dont try to justify what is happening over there with anything we have over here...come off it man..
you all need to grow a set of balls and take your freedom back..
curfew would last 2 mins over here..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant Tim Mc Veigh history

Any excuse to take away our freedoms.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
They make money off the

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Nothing new with a curfew. The only difference with your's, is your's got past by the local government, ours didn't.

The independent candidate for Stuart in South Australia, Rob Williams, wants to ban children and young people from Port Augusta's streets at night.

In 1990, the Port Augusta council agreed to impose a curfew on all 10 to 18-year-olds but this was rejected by the Government, with the then Attorney-General claiming it would be unconstitutional.

Mr Williams says he wants the idea revisited, claiming mobs of young people roaming the streets at night are exhibiting antisocial behaviour.
LAND'S OF THE FREE. Yeah right.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is so wrong on so many levels. These idiotic clerks with badges will do this kind of stuff out of incompetence and boredom.

The thing is, those whining the loudest about it are probably just the exact same fools who sanctioned this draconian 'curfew for teens' nonsense in the first place.

They gave the bullies power by voting for that crap. Are the authorities, parents and police so bloody inefective they need some idiotic law to control teenagers of all people?

This also gives the cops the excuse to stop ANYONE after 'curfew' on the grounds they might be a teen.

The bottom line of this sad tale is that cops will not only make their own rules up as they go, they are invariably answerable to no-one (wether or not that is the case some of them simply have that mentality) They can and do lord it over anyone with no fear of any repercussions. The younger the cop is the more sarky, beligerant and gruff they tend to be. making big deals out of trivial incidents and making anything they can in to some kind of criminal transgression.

As normal citizens all we can really do is highlight and publicise these incidents as they occur, bringing shame upon the miscrients. Oh and stop voting for stupid laws that make your life easier but that encroach on the human rights of others. Keep allowing that nonsense and you'll probably find yourself obeying some idiotic nazi curfew some day and wondering how they have been allowed to take your freedom away.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join