It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Arrest 20 Teens Leaving a Movie for Curfew Violation 20 Mins before Curfew Starts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lisaloeb1214

You're not American? I'll just take your word on that one.

your going off topic and forgetting what the issue here is about... it's about curfews!
Actually, I think the core of this topic really boils down to the ignorance and self-delusion of americans.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

How funny that you would say the 'new' nazi state....look up 'Eugenics' in America pre WWII. You might be surprised to find a certain part of the US controlling 'groups' have allways been that way.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Curfews were installed in some US towns and cities to stop teen/child mischief after certain times at night. It is not a pseudo-military police action. A small percentage of bad kids cause curfews to happen. People complain to their politicians and police about the kids that graffitied the walls or ran through the neighborhood all night keeping people up, or destoryed someone's flower bed or vandalized their car.....etc. and because of this laws get passed to govern 100% of us even though only 1% are causing the problem. There are no cerfews in my city.

However, In this case, clearly the police are in the wrong. The city and police force will pay hell for their actions. The parents will see to that.

Nazi police state.....sensationalize much?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yep, get em used to being manhandled by the police state for doing nothing wrong. All part of the acclimation program.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok so there is a curfew at 11, it's stupid but I get that. So as long as you are out at 10:59 or before you are not breaking any law.

My question is, why are these cops not being charged for kidnapping? There was no law broken, therefore the teens are free to go, yet they were taken in to custody.

If a citizen takes a person and puts them in a van against their will, drives them to a location and keeps them there until 6 am, that is kidnapping. So how is this any different?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodLifeGodLike
Ok so there is a curfew at 11, it's stupid but I get that. So as long as you are out at 10:59 or before you are not breaking any law.

My question is, why are these cops not being charged for kidnapping? There was no law broken, therefore the teens are free to go, yet they were taken in to custody.

If a citizen takes a person and puts them in a van against their will, drives them to a location and keeps them there until 6 am, that is kidnapping. So how is this any different?

That's very ture hopefully the ponnie up with some good lawyers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Its just cops trying to meet their quota. It's bull poop but there's nothing we can do about it. It's like getting a ticket for going 3-5 miles over the speed limit. Not fair at all but it happens all the time

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i got picked up for curfew back in the day 10 miutes before it was suposeed to end they took me to a juvi like jail and gave me shots then released me 2 hours later when my dad showed up screaming that he was gonna sue the hell out of any one and any one that had anything to do with it but nothing ever came of it but for a while they had my dna got to give me what ever shots they wanted and then basicly relased me i kinda felt like i was tagged or caught and released and i had been in the mountians walking around my neighborhood at the time so curfews have been round sicne at least the 90s least where i grew up,any word of if they took the kids dna or gave them any hepititius or what not shots?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So what exactly is this "Private Security Facility", and what is in it?

I'd sure like to know the answer to that, as they are literally kidnapping bus loads of kids and bringing them to an unofficial location, that people probably don't know about, and doing who knows what.

Something tells me the Masons are involved, and it has something to do with the DNA-program they have going. Child tagging, basically.
edit on 22-7-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Curfew violation lol...jeez.

The private security facility sounded abit suss to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

its how the jail system gets some people that dotn want to be vacinated as vaccination is mandatory when arrested for anythign(least in ca ) hell when i was young and dumb i got arrested twice in one week and each time they gave me a TB shot and a few others that i wasent too sure of

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

From personal experience, I would assume this incident occured because the teens gave the cops attitude and the cops chose to enforce their dominance.

I remember years ago when I was a teenager, I would be harrassed just walking home from school by the local PD. It was extremely hard not to lose your composure and respond in kind to their behavior.

They even tricked a couple of my friends by calling them over across a street to "talk," and when they obliged, the cops wrote them jaywalking tickets.

Yet another incident that makes me literally want to vomit when I see my paycheck and how much I pay in taxes.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A reminder of why the last time I had to drive from Colorado to Texas I went out of my way to avoid Oklahoma City and drove through New Mexico Instead.

Nazis, no doubt about it. Once the law is in place criminalizing normal human behavior it is nothing but revenue collection by gun toting thugs.

The MSM in America worships the LE industry and all the TV babies are screwed into it.

Every time one of them dies - they throw multimillion dollar funerals complete with parades.

Two mentions of Tim McVeigh on page one of this thread. Perhaps he......

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodLifeGodLike

I had several occasions growing up where I was approached by police for being out at night, whether alone, or with friends.

We would be asked "where we were going?!" "what were we doing?!" "did we have any ID?" Where do you live?" Do your parents know where you are?"

We would always calmly say, "we're going home from a friends house, yes our parents know."

Then they would leave us be. In hindsight, I'm glad the local PD took the time to just ask questions, after all they see the vandalism, the break ins, the car jackings, and unlike the rest of us they have the authority to see what people are up to.

edit on 22-7-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It's the role or the parents to enforce a curfew on their children. NOT the state government.

I am deeply shocked upon learning about said curfew in Oklahoma city!

For heavens sake, WAKE UP SHEEP!!!!

The gov must be mocking you so bad, haha a curfew? It makes me laugh, it IS that pathetic.

..But oh wait, it reduces crime and keeps the kids safe right? (feelings of disgust tptb)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

The only reason I can come up with, is that maybe some of these kids were bad eggs that the cops have dealt with before. But even if this was the case the police still broke the law. I would look at the option of being able to sue instead of pressing charges. I think if you sue an officer in the U.S. the money comes from that officers pocket and not the department (please correct me if I am wrong). That would effect how these cops behave more so then pressing charges, which would amount to nothing more than a little slap on the wrist IMO.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Please feel free to watch/read OKC's CBS afffiliate News9 report on this story. I am sorry if you can't pull link up here is a snippet:

Parents said police were a bit overzealous in arresting juveniles over the weekend, and the department is not denying those claims, but, some sources at the department said, the bigger issue is the rise in crime due to the minors.

Those police sources said that more than a week ago a group of teens was involved in a stabbing outside the Bricktown IHOP.

Police said it is not uncommon for several hundred kids to gather outside Harkins Theatre causing fights, vandalism and petty theft.

"When you're in that big of a group you become invincible and you think, well, they can't arrest us all," said Capt. Patrick Stewart.

Police said there has been an increase of underage teens breaking the curfew. It kicks in at 11 p.m. but some business owners said it's time for drastic change.

"Something like 6 p.m. [for a curfew] if you're a minor, you need to be with an adult," said Bricktown business owner Danny Falcone.

Falcone, of Falcone's Pizzeria, has seen vandalism at his business. He said it forced him to hire his own security guard.

"It's gotten worse in the last couple years," said Falcone. "It's gotten bad. Nobody wants to walk through a crowd of 40 kids to go sit down with their wife and kids."

Police said they will continue to strictly enforce curfew laws, but will be more thoughtful about each case when arrests might not be necessary.

Please read comments at the bottom of the linked page. I am of the opinion that this is about $$$$ and I feel pretty sure that some peon will be the fall guy for the OCPD's error.

ETA: The bombing and McVeigh are not relevant to this discussion. Some still feel wounds from this. They are a totally different subject,
edit on 22-7-2011 by pwndnewb because: ETA

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, so I don't know if this has been posted...I found a link to a complaint form for the Oklahoma City police department, and will post it below. You will have to print it out and mail it in, kind of a hassle, but I am sure there are some of you who will take the time. I didn't see an email address, but I also didn't dig that much. There was also not any type of submit form that I could see.

The link goes directly to a .pdf file, so you can right click and save as, or load it in your browser for printing, etc...

COMPLAINT FORM

Edit to add: There is a very long list of phone numbers on their website, and although there are a couple of different contact numbers that could possibly apply, I am not exactly sure which is correct.

Professional Standards: 405-297-1118
Non-Emergency Call: 405-231-2121
Bricktown: 405-297-1180
Investigations Bureau: 405-297-1102
Special Investigations: 405-297-1197

And my personal favorite:
Air Support: 405-297-1182

I suppose this is for us to use whenever we are invading another city, state, etc...I know I will be using this number to call in strikes on positions of strategic importance...Of course this doesn't relate to this case. And yes, that was a joke for those of you who are a bit slow, lol.
edit on 7/22/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
LOLOL

"Curfew"? Seriously?

How do any of you Americans still manage to delude yourselves that you are free, living in the "land of the free"?

Insanity. If you were waiting for the moment to "take your country back" and "defend liberty", you missed it. Long ago.

You need to wake up and realize the gravity of your predicament. You're suffering from boiling frog syndrome.

All too true.

It makes me laugh when I hear Americans complain about the burden of policing the world.

They can't even police themselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by Malcram
LOLOL

"Curfew"? Seriously?

How do any of you Americans still manage to delude yourselves that you are free, living in the "land of the free"?

Insanity. If you were waiting for the moment to "take your country back" and "defend liberty", you missed it. Long ago.

You need to wake up and realize the gravity of your predicament. You're suffering from boiling frog syndrome.

All too true.

It makes me laugh when I hear Americans complain about the burden of policing the world.

They can't even police themselves.

Not all Americans are like that. The majority of us 'alternative Americans' are really just hiding, trying to cower from an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" scenario. Doing our best to "fit in", while also trying to maintain our differences.

It's a tough battle, let me tell you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join