It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Arrest 20 Teens Leaving a Movie for Curfew Violation 20 Mins before Curfew Starts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Sounds like kidnapping to me and really fishy.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Seriously, is this story for real? The state is in the midst of the biggest drought of the century and taxpayers money is being spent on cops staking out the local movie theatre for curfew violating teenagers?

30 consecutive days over 100 degrees? When the media gets done kissing Murdoch's ass maybe they'll jump on this story, which has only been transpiring for nearly two months now.

www.kansas.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
'Town Clowns' at their finest.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

HAHAHA...no leaving your cell after dark kids. I didn't even know there were curfews for teens in any US city. That is bull, a person should be able to leave their home whenever they f'ing feel like it, despite if they are a teen or not. Having curfews like that seems completely totalitarian imo. You can't even leave your home after certain hours without facing prosecution. HAH.
edit on 21-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
LOLOL

"Curfew"? Seriously?

How do any of you Americans still manage to delude yourselves that you are free, living in the "land of the free"?

Insanity. If you were waiting for the moment to "take your country back" and "defend liberty", you missed it. Long ago.

You need to wake up and realize the gravity of your predicament. You're suffering from boiling frog syndrome.
That is the best post ever. Star for you.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Cops that do stuff like this seem to forget one thing. They have to live there. If they make people mad enough they will find them selfs having to travel 50 miles just to buy food and sleeping and even taking a bath with a loaded gun. They at some point may even have to live at the station just to stay alive. They just really do not understand they hole that are digging for themselves. Now just the criminal element is the only people they have to fear but if this keeps up they will have to fear everyone and never be alone. They will have to have some one stand guard even when the take a crap or take a nap. They are turning this country into a war zone. I guess they are running out of countries to invade so they are going to invade their own country. We are being invaded from within.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Curfew? Without realizing it, USA is slowly being transformed into a police state.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
USA is not in police state at the current moment, but I think it is heading there very quickly. We have all seen the videos of the police doing bad things, police abuse and brutality has always gone on, regardless of the country. But as I read along time ago, the war is on the people and it is more of social and economic one than many of us believe. It starts with shock testing. Not too long ago the price of gasoline was raised, it did not do so overnight but for the folks who do remember that time they would raise the price a little bit, maybe on Friday and then by Tuesday it would seem to go down, this was them shock testing the people to see how far they could push their greed and charge the people for gasoline. Which funny enough has been priced way above the value.

I believe the same type of shock testing is going on with the police, they will push to see how far they can take it with the general populace, if they get the desired result, which is people just standing by idly while this goes on then they will take it a step further.

I find it to be a little out of whack when authority does not liked to be questioned or explain their actions, which is happening more and more everyday.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Doesn't make it right though. I'd move.

Why should you have to move? So the local PD scews up and you have to move?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I was arrested for curfew once. My mom knew where I was, who i was with and I ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time with someone who was over 18 (we stopped at a convenience store only to find out it was the location some kids at the club decided to carry out a fight or some stupid BS like that). I was shoved into the back of a cop car with THREE other girls I never met. I was then brought to a facility where I had to sit at a large table with KIDS who were about thirteen maybe fourteen and fifteen. I was 2.5 months away from being 18.

My mom came in and threw a fit because she's my mom, knew where I was, i was very close to being of age and here the government is telling her that it is illegal for me to be outside at a certain time. I think this is the most BS law in any state and it put a permanent mark on my record. A very faint one, mind you, but one nonetheless. And, yes, they did fingerprint me and all that good stuff so they got all us kids in the system that night.

However, this story pales mine by comparison. For the cops to arrest the teens as the parents were getting their cars is what is so mind boggling to me. Then to not allow their kids to go home for up to 7 hours? At most, you take 'em in and wait for their parents to show up before letting them go. Why are they treating kids like felons (finger printing, etc) when they give out tickets for underage smoking and alcohol?

The whole things seems so bizarre...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
10 PM curfew where I live in Ohio. Luckily we didn't have curfew when I was growing up, that was before the government carried out 9/11.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Curfews of people for any age is oppressive and part of a police state. The parents should set the curfews, not the government........

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

I actually agree with your analogy however I still can see things in other places that make America look good (not better) in comparison.

Yes a cop can arrest someone for calling them a Nazi but one is still entitled to a trial before a conviction is granted....

I see people stoned for crimes like adultry...can you imagine the population in Washington DC alone if America stoned people to death for the crime of adultry

I see women unable to obtain an education...American girls show greater apptitude than young boys in America because they are allowed to obtain an education...

I see women in other places unable to show their faces and unable to drive their children to school...American women are able to be newscasters on television and drive children to school and drive themselves to work outside the home if they wish....

In other places I see women arrested after being raped because their husbands filed a complaint while their attacker goes free and the women punished by being beaten in the streets for a crime that they were the victim of...

In other places I see thousands of people in a public square facing off against police and military units....a lone man standing in front of a military tank defiant til the very end...

In America I see thousands of people roit and destroy property because their sports team loses an important game or wins an important game.

In other places I see only the police allowed to have weapons...not carry them but have them locked up ready for use if they need them....

In America There are guns behind every blade of grass...for better or worse but when it comes down to it ready to go....

The American people suffer from Apathy not from lack of freedom....American people suffer from arrogance and ignorance of what they have....what they use to have....and what they are entiltled to just like the rest of the world.

Americans are gutless...whiners...and complacent....but Americans are FREE to be gutless and clueless...FREE to be whiners....FREE to be complacent.....and FREE to vote....and its still FREE for others to come and join the rest of the whiners....to be complacent with us....and bring their own arrogance and ignorance...and vote for the same idiots that we vote into office over and over and tens of thousands join us every year some legally some any way they can because love it change it or live it.the American Dream is still here...its within reach....We just have to wake up and quit dreaming
edit on 7/21/2011 by DJMSN because: add

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Sounds like a private agency sending the statute enforcers on a mission.
The mission being to find anything that will contribute to the report that they send the politicians.
Because they get funded based on the stats.......so ..........lets boost the stats boys the share holders need that 30% growth.

Greed the sword that cleaved freedom

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Originally posted by newcovenant
Doesn't make it right though. I'd move.

Why should you have to move? So the local PD scews up and you have to move?

Because if something like this was passed in the first place - your town is f'd up.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

City officials instituted the Bricktown curfew in August of 2006. Here are the full details on the curfew, including the background, some important exceptions and repercussions for violation. Background Oklahoma City already has a curfew for minors across the city limits of midnight on weekdays, 1am on weekends. But a number of violent incidents involving teenagers in 2005 and 2006 caused Bricktown business owners to complain to the city council, asking for an earlier curfew within the district. In August of 2006, the city council complied, unanimously passing an ordinance that places an 11pm curfew on minors in Bricktown. Violations According to OKC police, the majority of teens found in violation of the curfew ordinance are not initially cited but rather warned. That said, it is within a police officer's power to make an arrest for curfew violation. A citation for the Bricktown curfew could carry a penalty of community service or a fine. Exceptions Oklahoma City officials made clear the earlier Bricktown curfew for minors would not apply to the following: Minors working in Bricktown Minors going to a late movie in Bricktown (Ticket stub needed for verification) Minors attending a late sporting event (Ticket stub needed for verification) Minors in Bricktown with their parents

In the weekend not allowed to be outside after 11??

Man I didn't came home until morning when I was 15years...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

However, it does state that teens can be arrested for curfew violation and there is a $302 fine for it.

Okla. City police reminding parents of curfew law

Hmmmm - 20kids* $302 per kid = $6040. That's a nice chunk of change for the city for little effort. It makes me wonder if this whole thing might have not been poor attempt by the city to get revenue by fining a bunch of kids?

Cha-Ching!

You got it! It is all about the money!

I commend you on your research.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Excellent thread.

As far as curfew, Oklahoma City already has a curfew for minors across the city limits of midnight on weekdays, 1am on weekends. It has been this way since I was a kid. (Speaking of which does anyone else remember PSA's that came on at about news time "It's 10 o clock, Do you know where your children are?", I haven't heard them since I was a kid).

As a teen, I never had much of a problem with curfew, it wasn't really enforced.

I don't agree with this action. A few posters have it correct, when they talk about $$$$$$.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pwndnewb
Excellent thread.

As far as curfew, Oklahoma City already has a curfew for minors across the city limits of midnight on weekdays, 1am on weekends. It has been this way since I was a kid. (Speaking of which does anyone else remember PSA's that came on at about news time "It's 10 o clock, Do you know where your children are?", I haven't heard them since I was a kid).

As a teen, I never had much of a problem with curfew, it wasn't really enforced.

I don't agree with this action. A few posters have it correct, when they talk about $$$$$$.

Oklahoma City already has a curfew for minors across the city limits of midnight on weekdays, 1am on weekends. But a number of violent incidents involving teenagers in 2005 and 2006 caused Bricktown business owners to complain to the city council, asking for an earlier curfew within the district. In August of 2006, the city council complied, unanimously passing an ordinance that places an 11pm curfew on minors in Bricktown except in Bricktown

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

This happened to me a very long time ago when I was in high school. We had just had a regional basketball game at my high school. The game was over and everyone was leaving. It was very cold outside. Three of my friends and me were walking down the sidewalk to where their car was parked, when we were surrounded by 3 squad cars!! The officers told us we were in violation of the curfew. Curfew was 11:30 p.m. on weekends. It was Friday night, and only 11:00 p.m. They called our parents and our parents told them it wasn't curfew time yet.The cops insisted it was past curfew. Finally, one of the cops called their station and discovered the curfew was 11:30 p.m. on weekends!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join