Cops and your CCW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would think it should make all of his past arrests history, like this one:

Link

After seeing that video, this whole thing sounds really suspect, too.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Let's just get this on the record: The driver was in violation of Ohio state law concerning CCW:

2923.126 Duties of licensed individual.
If a licensee is the driver or an occupant of a motor vehicle that is stopped as the result of a traffic stop or a stop for another law enforcement purpose and if the licensee is transporting or has a loaded handgun in the motor vehicle at that time, the licensee shall promptly inform any law enforcement officer who approaches the vehicle while stopped that the licensee has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun and that the licensee currently possesses or has a loaded handgun; the licensee shall not knowingly disregard or fail to comply with lawful orders of a law enforcement officer given while the motor vehicle is stopped, knowingly fail to remain in the motor vehicle while stopped, or knowingly fail to keep the licensee’s hands in plain sight after any law enforcement officer begins approaching the licensee while stopped and before the officer leaves, unless directed otherwise by a law enforcement officer; and the licensee shall not knowingly remove, attempt to remove, grasp, or hold the loaded handgun or knowingly have contact with the loaded handgun by touching it with the licensee’s hands or fingers, in any manner in violation of division

That being said, the officer also violated the law by threatening to kill the prisoner in custody.

CCW/CHL holders need to KNOW the law better than the police officer.

For example, in the county I'm from, state law does *not* require a driver to volunteer that he/she is carrying a loaded handgun. They are only required to answer truthfully if asked by the police officer. HOWEVER, the county Sheriff does *ask* that we volunteer the information as a courtesy to our police officers. And if I ever get pulled over, the first thing out of my mouth at contact will be "Officer, out of courtesy to you, I want to volunteer that I'm currently carrying a loaded handgun on my person, and that I have my CHL license should you want to see it."

I've rehearsed that line hundreds of times so that it will come out naturally and I don't flub it up.

That's how I roll.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
wow, that cop needs to be fired and drug tested.He is definitely not fit for duty.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So, this guy gets, most likely, a slap on the wrist(have to wait and see what transpires but it won't be the first time) for comitting terrorist acts against citizens of America yet I am a terrorist because I spout of at times about some piece of paper called the Constitution and I support Ron Paul?

What is the definition of terrorist, again? I'm damned sure I have NEVER comitted a terrorist act yet my government calls me one and here we have someone who is supposed to PROTECT AND SERVE the people terrorising them.

Just one more thing to put on the very large list of things that are frakked up in this country,

Frakking pigs. I trust them not at all, ever.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Having read in depth in the article, it says that he's being charged with failure to notify. But the first thing that he says is that 'I have a concealed weapon' before he is interrupted. Logically, this means that he did not fail to notify.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
if you have a legitimate cc permit, the cop for what ever wants to take your weapon and you refuse and the cop is about to pull his gun out, are you legally allowed to defend yourself with your weapon.

as soon as the cop starts to pull his gun out it is going to end up one way, you shot.

most likely in america you'll end up with a needle in your arm.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm for the officer. Searching the backseat, things could of gone awry. And he should of told them then and there and choose not to. He choose to make an excuse of why he was there in the first place.

Officer got aggravated. It happens. I think what was going through the officers mind. Is that he could of been killed. And reality just hit him and it set in. I think that's why he was so pissed off after knowing the fact. Knowing that he could of been killed.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I'm for the officer. Searching the backseat, things could of gone awry. And he should of told them then and there and choose not to.

At first I thought the same as you however, upon review, the officers never attempted to interact with the driver until well into the stop. I would think that the officers first priority would be to secure the individuals at the scene including the driver. The cop did say one thing I tend to agree with. He said "this is how cops get killed" and he is right. When they fail to do their jobs properly bad things can and do happen. Just shows me how poorly these officers did their job.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdnutz44

I'm for the officer. Searching the backseat, things could of gone awry. And he should of told them then and there and choose not to.

At first I thought the same as you however, upon review, the officers never attempted to interact with the driver until well into the stop. I would think that the officers first priority would be to secure the individuals at the scene including the driver. The cop did say one thing I tend to agree with. He said "this is how cops get killed" and he is right. When they fail to do their jobs properly bad things can and do happen. Just shows me how poorly these officers did their job.

I just read that the officer in question does have a lot accommodations and is a former marine. That could be part due to the war. And, I also read, that this one per say Officer has over 15 complaints with most dropped. Since 1997 or 1996. That's a little too many if you ask me. He doesn't sound like a bad guy, and maybe he handled the situation wrong with threatening the driver's life. But, you have to remember, this officer has seen war. His mindset, probably went there, after he found out the driver had a gun on him, and after searching his backseat. Thinking of "Oh my god, I just could of lost my life". I'm not saying his actions were right. I'm just saying, what he's has been though, could be understandable. Maybe the job isn't for him. Due to the pressure, but, does sound like he has a little PTSD going.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I'm for the officer. Searching the backseat, things could of gone awry.

Both cops in the video, at least from what I've seen, did not follow procedure. They put themselves in a situation where things could go awry. Since when do cops search vehicles with the driver still at the wheel? I'm not a cop, but I'm pretty sure he broke a few department policies.

And he should of told them then and there and choose not to. He choose to make an excuse of why he was there in the first place.

He tried multiple times to tell the cop, but was told to shut the flip up by the cop before he could complete a sentence.

Officer got aggravated. It happens. I think what was going through the officers mind. Is that he could of been killed. And reality just hit him and it set in. I think that's why he was so pissed off after knowing the fact. Knowing that he could of been killed.

Again, the officers put themselves in that situation. The cop was talking about how dangerous it was that he had his head in the car while a man had a gun in the driver's seat -- lesson learned, in fact, it is probably SOP, don't put your head in the car with suspicious people. I feared for the driver's life more than I did the cop's.

Yeah, from the looks of the video the driver out himself in a situation to be pulled over, but everything beyond that was the cops' fault. The officer created the situation.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The guy driving the car was no threat to the cop.
The cop, however, from what he was saying, could very well become a threat to any person he pulls over.
Talks about should have executed the guy on the spot.
Says he's liable to lose his mind.
Oh, man, and this guy is allowed to carry a gun and threaten people.
He should be locked up and given a mental evaluation, while this is being investigated by internal affairs.
The cop is a loon, and an armed one at that.
I pity the residents of Canton, Ohio, that this man is still allowed to roam the streets freely while the investigation is going on.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

But, you have to remember, this officer has seen war. His mindset, probably went there after he found out the driver had a gun on him, and after searching his backseat. Thinking of "Oh my god, I just could of lost my life". I'm not saying his actions were right. I'm just saying what he has been though, could be understandable. Maybe the job isn't for him. Due to the pressure but does sound like he has a little PTSD going.

If he cannot control his PTSD and if it is to the point that it interfers with his duties and the lives' of citizens then he should turn in his badge and leave with what little honor he has left before him or someone else gets killed.
edit on 21/7/2011 by SportyMB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Maybe the cop needs to NOT be a cop.
So he's seen war, well so have I. And I don't go ballistic on people.
What might happen if he acts like this and the driver he pulls over has seen war as well and goes commando on his butt? Does that driver get the benefit of the doubt because he has seen war?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

But, you have to remember, this officer has seen war. His mindset, probably went there after he found out the driver had a gun on him, and after searching his backseat. Thinking of "Oh my god, I just could of lost my life". I'm not saying his actions were right. I'm just saying what he has been though, could be understandable. Maybe the job isn't for him. Due to the pressure but does sound like he has a little PTSD going.

If he cannot control his PTSD and if it is to the point that it interfers with his duties and the lives' of citizens then he should turn in his badge and leave with what little honor he has left before him or someone else gets killed.

I totally agree with you. The Officer did get aggravated, his partner was calm. Throughout the entire incident. He does have some mental flashbacks of PTSD. From the video. I don't think he's on steroids though. I think at that time, what was going though his mind, knowing that the driver had a weapon on him, and he was in the backseat at the time, It did, become a scared thing for him. Which made him go ballistic as you say.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I normally side with the Cops because most videos are taken out of context on purpose or the poster is somebody who has Cop problems because they bring them on themselves.

In this case I cannot.

That Cop is clearly a mental case and more dangerous than any criminal, not to mention the Felony he committed on camera.

I'd imagine his career is over after suffering a breakdown on the camera. No Dept. is going to ever want him around again.

What I see is a Cop so terrified he is no longer able to cope. His behavior is clearly out of fear. Perhaps he's been shot at or attacked one to many times. I'd imagine it is common for Cops in Gang areas to implode. Something happened to make him that way.

The Driver though, running around with a gun in his pants messing with Hookers and Pimps; I don't buy him either. That does not change what the Cop did, but I would not boohoo for that guy.

Makes me happy I've spent most of my life in sane communities. If I threw my hunting rifle over my shoulder and walked through downtown, nobody would give me a second glance. Where I was raised we all kept a rifle and handgun in our trucks and nobody cared. No Gangs, no Hookers, no Pimps, just good people. I'll stick to real west towns realizing California is actually a displaced Northeast State

I'd say some of you should move to a good place, but we have enough issues with people coming here screwing it up now
They move here to get away and then the insanity with them.

The real lesson here; don't be associating with Pimps and Whores earning their Crack money for the night. Hope that Cop gets some help and they retire him.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That right there is the single most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Period.

Been a cop for 12 years and if I posted what I really wanted to say I'd be banned

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Canton Officer Under Investigation After Concealed Carry Arrest

He got off on paid leave... and he was on sick leave before that, must be the roids withdraw.

This bastard should be kicked off the force and charged with a felony!

Link courtesy of Eagletalonz.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
In addition, rumor has it the Prosecution has told the man all charges will be dropped only IF he agrees not to pursue legal actions against the Police Department.
This is ridiculous!

That's an AWESOME deal. It's also extortion.

Cha-ching!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
That right there is the single most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Period.

Been a cop for 12 years and if I posted what I really wanted to say I'd be banned

You would be banned??

Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. I'm not saying his action are condoned or right. The was in the backseat of a car with an armed guy. He didn't know it, not until after the fact of which he lost his temper. He could have been killed.

His own doing.

Yes. It just may have just hit him then. But, not in this instance, because the guy was be forthcoming, but not in this instance, that he didn't know the outcome.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
That cops a doosher. Could you all imagine growing up with him as your father? Flying off the handle over chewing with your mouth open or having the TV up to loud. The driver was not even a threat in any way verbally or physically. Does he think everyone is like a highly trained mossad agent just waiting to get the jump on him or what. If I was his partner I would have said look brother he had his license's in his hand and was compliant you need to chill. Plus you cant charge him with anything that will stick and I hate paperwork you jagaloon!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join