It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brain Tumour Dream Painting.............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The last few years I have been having many problems due to health. In February 2007, I was diagnosed with a very rare medical condition called Acromegaly. I have added a link below, just in case you would like more info about Acromegaly and how it affects people.

en.wikipedia.org...

Acromegaly can be quite debilitating physically, mentally and psychologically. Anyway, getting back to the point, I have had many dreams over the last 4 years due to my medical condition and from those dreams I have done many sketches and remembered parts of dreams and pieced them together to make one large piece of painted art work on a large canvas. Many of the dreams I had were when myself and my girlfriend were apart for 8 months, she was in Australia and I was in the UK. I was having brain tumour operations and weeks of radiation therapy which seemed to conjur up all kinds of weird and wonderful dreams and nightmares. So basically this painting depicts the time that we spent apart on different sides of the world.

I am not saying that I am a great painter, far from it. I just had the urge to paint what I could remember, and this is the end result. I hope you like it.......

I have titled the painting, ACROMEGALY...........................

desmond.imageshack.us...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Very very interesting work! I think you did an awesome job. Would it be possible for you to post some of your other sketches and drawings of your dreams? I am sooooo interested in seeing them. I've always wanted to draw out my dreams but I could barely remember them when I wake up.
Get a flickr account and share them please!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
i think it looks like a modern day dreamtime poem... hope things get better for you....

kx

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by davethebear

Very very interesting work! I think you did an awesome job. Would it be possible for you to post some of your other sketches and drawings of your dreams? I am sooooo interested in seeing them. I've always wanted to draw out my dreams but I could barely remember them when I wake up.
Get a flickr account and share them please!!!

Thanks for that, yes I have many sketches, but unfortunately I cannot post them at present because I am moving back to the UK in 10 days time and most of my belongings are now being shipped across the ocean as we speak. But I promise I will contact you when I am rejoined with them again. I also just self published a book detailing all my dreams over the years and compiled them all into one large and surreal but humorous story. The book is called Letcher-Grinder-Fish-Poe. I have left a link in case you want to read the first 10 pages and read the synopsis.....

www.lulu.com...

cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I will definitely check your book! Can't wait to see your drawings!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
I will definitely check your book! Can't wait to see your drawings!

If you do check out my book, I hope you enjoy it. I will post my drawings etc, when I return back to the UK. I am moving back after 4 years in Australia in 8 days time so everything is in shipping at the moment......

cheers

new topics

top topics

join