It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop saying the "M" (midget) word!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Lol my silence should not be mis labelled as my denial to admit when I'm wrong. 

There is no right or wrong in your original request.
It's simply your idea of what is acceptable from your conversations and experience with midgets.

I had never given this topic a second thought.
But now it political correctness gone lesbian tree hugger.

So from this day forth I will refer to midgets as
Goblins. 

Good day

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

Actually, you weren’t one of the people I was referring to...you were the one who said I was telling people what to do, and I wanted empathy from people. I asked you how you came to those conclusions. Like I said, other than the title of this thread, I have only put the word out about how most little people feel about being called midgets. People can take it, leave it, or use it as an excuse to insult people...do with it what you will.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Did anyone say under tall yet midget?

God...get offended by something offensive...like your rights being stolen by the government...or your sex....the fact that your a midget is plain....

Get over it...you were a midget a hundred years ago...and you still are...dare we change the English language to suit you too?

Peace....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Yes, I agree, there are worse things to be offended by. Not sure what you meant by "your sex", but you're right it does seem trivial. Although, I'm not short statured so I don't know how they feel when someone calls them a midget, so I have no problem with changing with the times. Thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I was watching "King of the Hill," and heard Buck Strickland tell Hank not to use the "M" word..... they like to be called little people.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I watched that too! And I remember thinking about this thread. Thanks for bringing it up, bolsters your posts at little. I just hope this thread opens a few eyes of those who use derogatory names for people who are different from the norm.
edit on 7/28/11 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Next thing you know they won't want to be called little or small because those words will be viewed as derogatory.

They (the midget small little people) are not happy, apparently, and they want everyone else to be miserable along with them. Well, it's sad, but I can't help them be happy.

Happiness comes from the inside just like self esteem. Happy people with self esteem don't spend their time trying to police others and bend them to thier will.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This has got to stop! Just quit replying to this thread right now!

If this thread's pages were laid end to end, it would be taller than me.

(Just kidding! Carry on...)
edit on 28-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ya know what surprises me the most? The fact that this thread went this many pages.

I don't mean to offend, yet if I do....I don't really care about your feelings. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm endowed with extra sensory perception and I see people for who they really are in all their insecure, arrogant, ignorant, superficial glory.

It causes me great discomfort to be around people who are not of a genuine grounded nature. In some cases....I'd rather be a midget than have to deal with this.

Still I deal with being different, and sure I'm odd, and some people tell me that. It doesn't bug me. How comfortable are you in your own skin is the question.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My daughter is 4 ft 9 in tall. All through junior high and high school she was known as "Midge". No one *ever* called her by her real name, and I don't even think they know what it is. She's in her 20's now and her friends still call her "Midge". It's really weird when her friends come over and I hear them refer to her only with a nickname. It takes me a little while for it to click in that they are talking to her. I'm thinking to myself, who in the hell is Midge???
edit on 28-7-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerBellAmy

Bucks not all bad, I tell you what!

reply to post by autowrench

Thanks Autowrench, that was my reasoning, not to boss people around, or take their rights away, just to let them know what's up.

I believe most people have no idea how people with dwarfism feel about it, and I get that a lot of people really don’t care to know. This thread was started to inform those of us who do care about people. I understand most of time when people say things like "Hey there was a midget on the train today!" they don't mean anything mean by it. I just think people should know.

It's like how a long time ago when people generally stopped calling all African American people the N word, but continued called them ":colored" instead, until that term also died out. Now, you don't very often hear someone say "Hey there was a colored guy on the train today!" , with the exception of OLD people who never moved along with the times. I'm not black and I don't know what it feels like to be black, so when I hear that black Americans prefer to not be labeled as "The Coloreds", I respect that, and have no problem using the current, 21st century term.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

OHHH you have ESP!!! Now I understand why you keep coming back here complaining about yourself, and trying to make it seem like you can't stand self loathing!!! You just know (because you have ESP) that I have a thing for bald fat guys with bad attitudes and this is your "odd" way of hitting on me!!!! SHWOOOO, glad I figured that out, I was starting to think you really were the a hole you refered to yourself as....Calllll me

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

They (the midget small little people) are not happy, apparently, and they want everyone else to be miserable along with them. Well, it's sad, but I can't help them be happy.
reply to post by Bluebonnet

Why would it make you miserable to not use the word midget when refering to people with dwarfism? I don't get that. I really don't care what words you use, i'm just curious to know how it would make you miserable?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

OHHH you have ESP!!! Now I understand why you keep coming back here complaining about yourself, and trying to make it seem like you can't stand self loathing!!! You just know (because you have ESP) that I have a thing for bald fat guys with bad attitudes and this is your "odd" way of hitting on me!!!! SHWOOOO, glad I figured that out, I was starting to think you really were the a hole you refered to yourself as....Calllll me

Sorry unless your a east German man named Phil I'm afraid my fat baldness is too much love for you to handle. Maybe if you went to the local Y and signed on for the pride parade you might meet a nice guy who can offer you the hairy love you so deserve.

Make no mistake meatsack, I despise 99% of the population and yes I am a A**hole on a scale unrivaled. I would rather see most people gone, than in front of me. And it's not what you think, my ability is the reason I hate so many of you snotty mouth-breathers so.

You sit and complain about nothing as that's what your world revolves around. Your bubble dictates your existence and the things you care about. Sooooo, the word midget and the need to start a thread about it is what dictates your need for self filling justification unto what you feel is right....or have you not paid attention to anything that's been said. You excuses are just that and offer no real solution to the problem.

The paradox which lies within this site is perplexing on a level unrivaled by the deepest of human stupidity. Then again maybe your just being human...which in itself is a cop out. Through your own premise this is nothing more than strictly entertainment for you as you would have never brought it up if you didn't reserve some insecure dysfunction about it. Maybe you were just legging for a response to a touchy subject? In which case this makes you a troll in sheep's clothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No problem. I myself got teased for most of my life, I was 6' 2" at age 15, and very thin. "Slim" was the name I was mostly called, and many asked me how was the weather up there, and did birds build nests in my hair, and so on. I just think humans are much too cruel when it comes to people who are different from them.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Um, I think you need to get your ESP checked, or at the very least your reading comprehension. I’m a snotty mouth breathing straight female, so save your gay bashing for another thread. I sit and complain??? Please crabby man, tell me, when did I complain?

You are right about my bubble dictating what I care about. With 3 kids, a job, and a home, I don’t really have the time or the energy to care about much of anything else. I care about morals, values, and integrity, and teach these things to my snotty mouth breathing off spring so when they go out into the world and have to deal with the rotten people in it they can feel sorry for them and move on.

“”Sooooo, the word midget and the need to start a thread about it is what dictates your need for self filling justification unto what you feel is right....or have you not paid attention to anything that's been said. You excuses are just that and offer no real solution to the problem.””

What excuses did I offer?? Solution to what problem?? I don’t have a problem with the word, but some do, and most don’t know it. So, because I have a short statured snotty nosed mouth breathing kid, I took an opportunity to let people know that most little people are tired of being referred to as midgets. Tell me why this bothers you so much?? I never said it was wrong, I never said people who use this word are jerks, I never even said it was a problem.

Yea, I’m trolling for entertainment, lol!! I knew people would be wise guys, and make an attempt to be funny and/or hurtful, but that didn’t matter to me. Fortunately I do not have thin skin, and VERY seldom feel offended by anyone or anything. I can take the comments and felt that a lot of people might read the OP and take the information and appreciate it. So keep calling me stupid if it makes you feel better cause lord knows you need something to make you happy.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Perhaps I should be more clear then in my assertion. First and foremost find anywhere in my posts that refer to you being male?

Second it is quite possible that I could really care less who's called what for how many cookies. Sorry your upset, perhaps if you could pull your emotion away from the words and take it for what it is. Yes you do live in a bubble, the fact that you have kids is your problem not mine. The fact that you would make a thread based off of a word that shouldn't effect you in the first place is over sensitive IMO.

So people use that word....so what? Your premise for even bringing it up is suspect as your either looking for self justification for feeling the way you do, OR your looking to start a troll trap. Either way I don't really care. We are not at the same level of thought on any matter. So without a common frame of reference I'm afraid your lashing out does no good. It only moves to make you more agitated not me.

The only reason I replied to your thread in the first place was to actually gauge what the typical response would be, that and I find midget wrestlers funny. I'm not berating you for being semi-logical, I'm berating you because you have yet to realize that in the end, your query doesn't really matter on any level. Even to admit to being curious about another response on the issue without some fore thought to the responses you'd get is a little naive on your part.

SO....on to the next issue, yes...I call most meat sacks. I dislike you, dislike the mail man, I guess I have a bit of a rage problem...which is not your problem but mine. Yet to explain ones position you must understand a lil background. This is the only reason I omit anything in this venue...even so....are you sure its the truth? Might not be....I could be a midget that enjoys walking around under the bed with high heels on.

Why yes to answer your question, I am cold to the touch, and there are people like me lurking about.....that is if you believe everything you see on the internet.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Shirley you can’t be serious!

Ok well let’s see, your first 3 posts, I ignored. Then you resorted to quoting my response to another poster, and followed it by calling me overly sensitive and insecure, you said I lack confidence and don’t respect myself, and also that I am pushing an opinion so hard that it’s making me look bad.

And now you’re calling ME a troll. That, my hate filled friend, is hilarious!

So I basically laughed off your post and politely let you know that you had me wrong. I explained that I’m not sensitive, and told you that I think the people who were getting all bent out of shape over the OP were the overly sensitive ones.

I thought we were done there, but oh no…

You came back whining about the length of the thread, and how it pains you to be around insecure, arrogant, ignorant, superficial, ungrounded people, and you’d rather be a midget. You made it seem, in not so many words, that all of those insults pertained to me and you know this because you have ESP. Oh, and don’t forget more whining about people calling you weird but you’re cool with it. (See my post in the “make up your own original quote” thread).

Again I laughed off your comment, and still stand by the notion that you, indeed do, like me.

Next I was called a complainer. I asked you what and when you saw me complaining, and got no answer. Then you said I was making up excuses, and not a solution…to what “premise” you are referring, I still have no idea, because you didn’t answer those questions either. Finally once again you called Me a troll! I was nice enough to pick out the one of your efforts to insult me that you did get right,( about me and my bubble). I explained about my kids, (2 of which have disabilities which add to the strength of my bubble), and you said, “those kids are your problem not mine” LOL…Then you said
“The fact that you would make a thread based off of a word that shouldn't effect you in the first place is over sensitive IMO.”

Unfortunately it does effect me because my pre-teen son doesn’t like when kids call him a midget, and laugh at him. My intent here was to enlighten some people about things in hopes that it will have a domino effect and lead to them teaching their children to respect all people.

Now, for some reason you are under the impression that I am upset, and emotional. I figure that's because your used to people getting all worked up over your mumbo jumbo, or maybe I just didn’t use enough smilie faces. The truth is quite the opposite, and I’ll have you know I find it very flattering that a self proclaimed people hater such as yourself just can’t seem to leave me alone…And I think we both know why my lil pudgy hater

Edit:
Almost forgot!! Lashing out? lol what on earth are you talkin bout willis?
And, I thought you thought I was a dude because you called me Chuck, and told me to join a "pride parade" to find a man.
edit on 30-7-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: more mumbo jumbo

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

Shirley you can’t be serious!

Ok well let’s see, your first 3 posts, I ignored. Then you resorted to quoting my response to another poster, and followed it by calling me overly sensitive and insecure, you said I lack confidence and don’t respect myself, and also that I am pushing an opinion so hard that it’s making me look bad.

And now you’re calling ME a troll. That, my hate filled friend, is hilarious!

So I basically laughed off your post and politely let you know that you had me wrong. I explained that I’m not sensitive, and told you that I think the people who were getting all bent out of shape over the OP were the overly sensitive ones.

I thought we were done there, but oh no…

You came back whining about the length of the thread, and how it pains you to be around insecure, arrogant, ignorant, superficial, ungrounded people, and you’d rather be a midget. You made it seem, in not so many words, that all of those insults pertained to me and you know this because you have ESP. Oh, and don’t forget more whining about people calling you weird but you’re cool with it. (See my post in the “make up your own original quote” thread).

Again I laughed off your comment, and still stand by the notion that you, indeed do, like me.

Next I was called a complainer. I asked you what and when you saw me complaining, and got no answer. Then you said I was making up excuses, and not a solution…to what “premise” you are referring, I still have no idea, because you didn’t answer those questions either. Finally once again you called Me a troll! I was nice enough to pick out the one of your efforts to insult me that you did get right,( about me and my bubble). I explained about my kids, (2 of which have disabilities which add to the strength of my bubble), and you said, “those kids are your problem not mine” LOL…Then you said
“The fact that you would make a thread based off of a word that shouldn't effect you in the first place is over sensitive IMO.”

Unfortunately it does effect me because my pre-teen son doesn’t like when kids call him a midget, and laugh at him. My intent here was to enlighten some people about things in hopes that it will have a domino effect and lead to them teaching their children to respect all people.

Now, for some reason you are under the impression that I am upset, and emotional. I figure that's because your used to people getting all worked up over your mumbo jumbo, or maybe I just didn’t use enough smilie faces. The truth is quite the opposite, and I’ll have you know I find it very flattering that a self proclaimed people hater such as yourself just can’t seem to leave me alone…And I think we both know why my lil pudgy hater

Edit:
Almost forgot!! Lashing out? lol what on earth are you talkin bout willis?
And, I thought you thought I was a dude because you called me Chuck, and told me to join a "pride parade" to find a man.
edit on 30-7-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: more mumbo jumbo

Hee Hee, i'm not serious, anyone who takes me as such needs their head examined, and stop calling me Shirley. Being male of female makes no difference, you just simply took what was said and equated that to be implied. And besides chuck, I call everyone chuck..helps the psychosis...and your still missing the point...I don't care....why are we having this conversation? Oh yea.....your upset cause the lollipop guild couldn't get equal rights at the million man midget march.

And by the by, for someone who isn't overtly emotional you sure are going out of your way to explain yourself to a bonified a**hole who wouldn't give a squirt of pee for you.....now hows that logical?

Meltdown in 5...4....3....2...., I can see the vein in your forehead...and.here's a thought...not everyone who has ESP reads minds, to assume so is just plain ignorant. I read emotion....the more you give me through your words...the more it feeds the monkey on my back...I'm really just saying whatever I can to make the vein pop out of your forehead.

Seems to be working....come on chuck I'll be yer huckleberry, gimme all that self diluted ignorance in the form of a tongue lashing. Troll? for you? don't mind if I do........And the experiment is almost done...thank you for participating.......

Have a nice day.......

edit on 30-7-2011 by Castogere because: Trying to use my nice words

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I still think you need your "emotion radar" checked out. I actually rather enjoyed all of our corespondence, and only wish I had replyed to you sooner. All of this senseless babble has done for me is cause me to smile, ear to ear, and even laugh a few times. So go ahead and save your lonly pee for someone who needs it, i'm up to my armpits in it and could stand sometime alone as well. And one more thing...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join