page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by newcovenant
Stick to your guns curmudgeon!
And I wouldn't quit my day job for stand up.
Just sayin'

This is the rant section, fool. If you don't want to see people rant then get the hell out.

Just sayin'

Oh I am sorry. I didn't know you owned it.
And now you are seeing people rant?

I am reading rants but I don't see people rant.
Who's the fool?
Someone needs to stick up for these little people.
Just because they are small does not mean they do not deserve representation.
I am takin the OP's advice and representin' You don't like it?
Ignore me or.... lets see what other possibilities you have besides making a fool out of yourself?
Ignore me....Those are your choices.
I don't tell people what to do so I won't bother starting with you.
Wish I cared enough to suggest something but unlike you, I don't.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

You can't polish a turd.

Midget is a midget like a spastic is a spastic.

I used to be really fat . A lard arse. I'm not anymore but I didn't demand
People called me big boned etc.

The politically correct movement has done more to harm society than anything else before it.

You were a fat because you over ate. It was your problem that you helped create.
Most cases of dwarfism are caused by spontaneous gene mutation at conception.
I don't see the logic there.

Another FUN fact for everyone:

The vast majority of people born with dwarfism come from 2 average sized parents.

Keep up your jokes and down right cruel remarks, I'm learning alot.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

"You were a fat because you over ate. It was your problem that you helped create.
Most cases of dwarfism are caused by spontaneous gene mutation at conception.
I don't see the logic there.

Another FUN fact for everyone:

The vast majority of people born with dwarfism come from 2 average sized parents.

Keep up your jokes and down right cruel remarks, I'm learning alot."

Actually chuck obesity has also been proven to be genetic...so i gotcha there. And really, being oversensitive just means you wear your insecurity on your sleeve.

Its ok to lack the confidence needed to respect yourself properly, just don't overtly push an opinion. Its a matter of false pride over shooting principal...which then makes you look even worse.

It's human nature to hurt others feelings.......
edit on 22-7-2011 by Castogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

yea, ok, people aren't fat from over eating and being lazy
Ah yep you got me

Have you read this thread? I'm not sensitive, the word midget, or any words for that matter, do not offend me. The people responding to my OP that are getting all huffy and puffy because:
I pointed out how the majority of a group of people who have a gene that makes them at least a foot shorter than the rest of the people on the planet feel about being addressed as midgets.
These are the people who seem overly sensitive to me, and rather amusing, if I might add.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
.....Small hands.......smells like cabbage

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Because of your post I will know specifically refer to little people as midgets. Thanks and good night.

Let me ask you something Fitch...You're racist, you don't like gay people, fat people, or people with dwarfism, what kind of people do you like?
edit on 22-7-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
.....Small hands.......smells like cabbage

Sorry about your traumatic experience. Hope you can recover.
But it could have been much worse. You might have been molested by a priest, big hands!

"with strength and right" ????
edit on 22-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
double post
edit on 22/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Is it racist if you hate everyone??

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Is it racist if you hate everyone equally?

I think it is misanthropic.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
Do they need little "finger toppers" to be able to type? And is it true that if ignited they burn for a week? These are things I often ponder.

Do you need someone to do your typing for you?
Will you stink for a week laying dead in the hot sun?
These are all things I wonder too. Curiosity is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Seriously what did you expect. 

Your never gonna get a positive response from this type of post. 

A) people don't like being told what to do
B) no ones bothered.

Go to the forum of a popular woman's magazine maybe 
Then you will get the empathy you desire.

But for now send your son to Hollywood 
He will probably end up making more money than you. 

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So, you think you need to stand up for them? How condescending of you. I believe I respect the midgets more than you in that I believe they are big enough to stand up for themselves. Do you see them as children or something? Helpless little beings who need you to stand in their corner? In my post I was joking but you are serious which means you needs to start 'representing' some respect towards these midgets, they are not pathetic little beings who need the likes of you standing up for them. They can handle themselves. Find a better cause, midget ''representation'' does not suit you nor is it required.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Seriously what did you expect. 

Your never gonna get a positive response from this type of post. 

A) people don't like being told what to do
B) no ones bothered.

Go to the forum of a popular woman's magazine maybe 
Then you will get the empathy you desire.

But for now send your son to Hollywood 
He will probably end up making more money than you. 

wth are you talking about? Other than the title (which is admittedly just an effort to get people to read the OP) where or when did I tell anyone what to do? I don't desire empathy, and would be interested to hear what makes you think I do. I have thought about my son (Who happens to be completely gorgeous btw. A ladies man. The girls can't get enough of that kid, he really does got it going on) in the entertainment industry, but he is far to good on the inside to enjoy that type of lifestyle. But I'm not worried, he is so freaken smart he would have to work too hard at not being successful to make less money than me.

And I don't care about a positive response. I know that for every idiot who replies with dumb shat, 3 normal people read the OP, and take the info with them, that is what I care about. Oh and in an answer to B) You were bothered enough to post more than once on this thread, helping my cause, keeping the info fresh for consumption, and for that, I thank you.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What defines midget, many of my over 6' 2" friends think of me at 5' 7" as a midget I am not offended, I call them giants

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Is it racist if you hate everyone??

No, it's sad. Are you saying you hate everyone? If so I find it hard to believe a person with nearly 10,000 posts on an internet forum (that's main goal is for PEOPLE to get together with other like minded PEOPLE and deny ignorance, or shoot the breeze) really hates everyone. People who hate everyone, don't care about other peoples opinions enough to participate in this kind of personal activity.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

So, you think you need to stand up for them? How condescending of you. I believe I respect the midgets more than you in that I believe they are big enough to stand up for themselves. Do you see them as children or something? Helpless little beings who need you to stand in their corner? In my post I was joking but you are serious which means you needs to start 'representing' some respect towards these midgets, they are not pathetic little beings who need the likes of you standing up for them. They can handle themselves. Find a better cause, midget ''representation'' does not suit you nor is it required.

This is spin. Marketing degree? Good work. I almost believe you myself.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

What defines midget, many of my over 6' 2" friends think of me at 5' 7" as a midget I am not offended, I call them giants

I think the max height to be considered to have dwarfism is around 4'10", but not positive about that. I have no Idea what the minimum hight is to be consideered a giant. I wouldn't be offended either, being 5'2" myself I know the value of being in the company of top shelf reachers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, this was an interesting thread! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the posts.

I have always had a good sense of humor about my height. I'm 4'7". I lie on my driver's license, which currently says I'm 4'9". I hate the Disney commercials that say that 4'9" is the magic number for not having to be in a booster seat. Haven't they ever heard of sitting on pillows? I wish it was legal to disconnect a car's air bags when you're vertically challenged. The laws surrounding this issue need to change. I sit so close to the steering wheel and could be seriously hurt by this "safety" device.

I don't have a problem with the word midget, dwarf, etc. when used by a family member for friend. I'm not technically a midget because I'm proportionate. I HATE STRANGERS WHO JUST COME UP AND ASK!!! How stupid do you have to be? (Think Goofy voice): "Hey, are you a midget? How tall are you? Yuk, yuk!"

I mean, how ignorant do you have to be? Do they really think they're being funny?

So, if you are so stupid to go up to a stranger and comment/question them about their height, be prepared to be asked how many calories you eat a day or what your IQ is. Fair is fair!

Or, let's just be honest. You're jealous that I can save money by shoppping in the kid's/teen's department for clothes and shoes. This is the real issue, isn't it? Or maybe you're upset that I'll always be comfortable flying coach? Try looking at it this way, I'll never be kicking your seat on the plane. Just be courteous and don't sit in front of me in the movie theater.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

FINALLY!!! A another normal response, that was so funny
Thank you for sharing that

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join