It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India to Seek Saudi Crude as Iran Warns of Cutoff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

India to Seek Saudi Crude as Iran Warns of Cutoff

www.uskowioniran.com

Bloomberg's businessweek.com, quoting informed sources, is reporting that Indian refiners are seeking Saudi crude as Iran warns of an impending cutoff of its oil deliveries to the country. Iran has said in recent days that it will cutoff all deliveries by August 1 if India could not find a way to settle its outstanding bills totaling more than $5 billion. Indian refiners say the economic sanctions against Iran have made banks unwilling to transfer funds to Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see whether the Saudis really were able and willing to jump into the gap. It would also be interesting to see how India is dealing with an oil shortage, if no Saudi oil is available for compensation.

I guess, such a development would soon be unbearable for India, as economic losses incurred would soon exceed by far the profit of getting cheap Iranian oil.

www.uskowioniran.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Things are really lookin WWIII'ish.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Thats fair enough isn't it? if India dont pay they dont get.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheodoreBundy
Things are really lookin WWIII'ish.

Yeah.

It is pretty close..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by originunknown

It's not that India are not paying their bills, it's more a case of being unable to pay because of sanctions imposed on Iran..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by originunknown

Agreed...

The problem is India was and still is a long time business partner with Iran in export and import (not only for crude oil and gas supplies). I wonder for how long they can withstand the Zionist pressure and menace in their parliament and governmental decisions.

Annual $10 billion is not something that should be easily be swept under the carpet.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

It's not that India are not paying their bills, it's more a case of being unable to pay because of sanctions imposed on Iran..

Why they don’t seek other means like the China and the others Iranian partners..?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I mean India (no matter what people think of) has great technological advancements in many fields..!

Why don’t they come up with some solutions like tit for tat..?

I don’t really think that Iranian need money form India…! That’s were sanctions starts.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is quite disturbing, India has the cash but not willing to cross the banking sanctions, which is really strange since it is happy to cross sanctions and take Iran's oil. Is it playing games or getting pressured? With India being a nuclear nation it can do what it wants, within reason. It does look like India is withdrawing support for Iran with this move, they can get the money there even if the banks did not want to be a part of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Question is though is it true? Iran is known to have started discussions with Pakistan to supply them with oil. And India and Pakistan are not exactly the best of friends. Being an Islamic nation who exactly do you think Iran would side with? especially as both Iran and Pakistan are working in Afghanistan against western troops... seems to me that it could be they are combining resources to help diminish any non Islamic powers in the area?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Iran is applying the Golden Rule. Him with the Gold, or Oil, makes the rules. What does Iran want India to do for Iran? That is what this is about.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
"Indian refiners say the economic sanctions against Iran have made banks unwilling to transfer funds to Iran."

I think that just about says it all.

Laying such unjustificed sanctions against Iran had nothing to do with nuclear weapons (or whatever bullsh!t the claims were); it is all about the West lobbying and manipulating the UN into carrying out economic warfare against the countries that refuse to bow down to them.

Oh well, I guess India has been getting too friendly with the West recently anyways. I wonder what the Saudis will say, considering India wants to do business with them because they won't pay the $5 billion owed to Iran.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
India will be on the side of the US, Britian, France, Germany etc when it hits the fan. They WILL NOT be on any side that China and Pakistan are on thats for damned sure. Where does Russia fall is the question?

new topics

top topics

join