It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle With The Devil. By Those Who Know the Truth.. ABC News!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I happened to watch an ABC special called, Beyond Belief Battle with the Devil. Not only was it disturbing, but it was down right disrespectful. They had people there that claimed demons can come in the form of cramps, hemorrhoids, problems with others, and bad luck.

They took people that obviously looked like they either just came out of a mental hospital, or there was a car waiting outside to take them to one. There was a man that had a "demon" exercised from him one night, and then took his 7 yr old son to do the same. As the child was yelling "get off of me", they claimed it was due to his "demons" fighting.

They had ex-prostitutes claiming that they knew devils, by blaming pimps, a women that was suicidal, and claimed that the devil tried to give her a gun, and much, much ,more.

Is this what the media wants people to believe? Was there a religious person that took offense to this? Why are we still blaming "demons" for peoples actions? There was even a psychologist that claimed that Priests were still using 12 Century methods to "cure" demons.

While I was watching this appalling episode, I felt like I was in the 12th Century.

BTW, for those who want to say "why did you watch it then", well its better to know what your dealing with, then not. I want to be sure then when someone blames their "butt" issues on a demon, I knew what was coming, or the next time someone tells me they have cramps, I can call the Vatican, instead of the pharmacy.

I can only imagine tomorrow when a co worker of someone who called in sick, goes to the water cooler to discuss the "real" reason they called in sick. Then they return to work and its booby trapped with crosses, and holy water.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wow i didn't know the BS was getting that thick i'l tell ya . I just hope people see thru this its a shame when the media go's religious on the people with pure non factual statements how low will they go. I quit watching news along time ago even local news tv is the devil i'l tell ya.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Have not yet seen this show but it sounds like typical anti-religious sort of thing we see the media presenting. Most religious people do not blame demons or the devil for their wrong doing, if this was the case then people would not be guilty of sin. It would be the demons who sinned and man could do no wrong.

It goes totally against the whole idea of salvation, that is accepting god and trying to live a sin free life. I am religions and It does not surprise me at all.

The media, through entertainment mostly, sets and example of what they believe as right and wrong and use extreme cases such as these to provide proof that they offer the only sane explanation. I am not offended by it, more disappointed that my family is living through professed times where Christians will be persecuted and mocked.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
let me disclaim myself by saying first i dont subscribe to the whole "the devil got me" thing --- BUT i've (reluctantly) witnessed a handful of depossesion's and have audited a handful of micro cassetes from other cases (not as a personal interest, knew a few really intelligent repsected people invloved) if nothing else the energy IS REAL i assure you --- now what you go on to name that energy or blame it on is up to you and your cult leader or scientist lol i think trying to claim your belief system has the market cornered on extra-normal affairs is a bit ridiculous so i cant cosign all of the methods or madness but i assure you the energy is real and it can manifest in weird ways i.e physical distress

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Godhood

I was surprised myself. The pastor that blamed hemorrhoids on demons, had a long list, he sounded like a commercial, there was restless leg syndrome, insomnia, I mean it went on and on. One man actually got up and starting freaking out.

I thought it was from what the pastor was saying, but it was from a "demon". Apparently he hit a nerve. It could have been from the butt pain, or the long list of possible "demons" he must think he has if he had more then one issue that was mentioned.

With the list he had, he could have actually blamed "demons" on everything in the world. There were elderly people, so he said arthritis, young people, problems at school, he could have said lactose intolerance, and have said that satan was running Kraft.

Its scary to think how many people are now reassured that there are "demons" everywhere.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
For me, the line between a mental case and demonic possession is only crossed when something that simply cannot be explained happens during the "possession". Speaking in actual languages unknown by the victim, levitation, that kind of thing. To be sure, there do seem to be some pretty genuine cases out there, but to really rule out medical mental illnesses, something extraordinary must happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"They took people that obviously looked like they either just came out of a mental hospital, or there was a car waiting outside to take them to one."

HAHAHA

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I happened to watch an ABC special called, Beyond Belief Battle with the Devil. Not only was it disturbing, but it was down right disrespectful. They had people there that claimed demons can come in the form of cramps, hemorrhoids, problems with others, and bad luck.

They took people that obviously looked like they either just came out of a mental hospital, or there was a car waiting outside to take them to one. There was a man that had a "demon" exercised from him one night, and then took his 7 yr old son to do the same. As the child was yelling "get off of me", they claimed it was due to his "demons" fighting.

They had ex-prostitutes claiming that they knew devils, by blaming pimps, a women that was suicidal, and claimed that the devil tried to give her a gun, and much, much ,more.

Is this what the media wants people to believe? Was there a religious person that took offense to this? Why are we still blaming "demons" for peoples actions? There was even a psychologist that claimed that Priests were still using 12 Century methods to "cure" demons.

While I was watching this appalling episode, I felt like I was in the 12th Century.

BTW, for those who want to say "why did you watch it then", well its better to know what your dealing with, then not. I want to be sure then when someone blames their "butt" issues on a demon, I knew what was coming, or the next time someone tells me they have cramps, I can call the Vatican, instead of the pharmacy.

I can only imagine tomorrow when a co worker of someone who called in sick, goes to the water cooler to discuss the "real" reason they called in sick. Then they return to work and its booby trapped with crosses, and holy water.

Peace, NRE.

So megacorp news trying to debunk the supernatural again?

Dude ignore them they do this all the time.

new topics

top topics

join