It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of The 22 World Conflicts Around The World, 21 are Muslim

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Please don't tell me you believe that bollocks? You still think that Saddam Hussein was directly involved with any weapons of mass destruction or the 9/11 attacks? I'm pretty sure that was proved to be a blatant lie, and a good excuse to throw us into OVER 10 YEARS of war. Now although I do think Islam is the most violent religion, the US is a war/fear-mongering propaganda machine that will find any possible excuse to destroy/occupy other nations. And I'm American; however I'm sick of the way our country is run, by an ego-trip president who unilaterally enters war and politicians who don't do # about it. [Most of] The politicians just focus on ruining domestic policy at sheer will of the corporate interest. Most of the countries of the world are being driven into the pits of hell by a handful of power-hungry, greedy filth with no regard for human life. So you can't really blame the global state of conflict on the Muslims, but they definitely aren't helping the situation either.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If you do a little research you'll find that of the roughly 6 billion people on the planet - approx 33% are Christian, 28% are Muslim, 20% are Hindu, LESS THAN 1% Jews and then everyone else.

A little more research will show you that Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are all derived from the ancient books of the Old Testament called the Tanahk, made up of three books called the Torah ("Teaching"), Nevi'im ("Prophets"), and Ketuvim ("Writings").

Here's where you have to be a bit intuitive and understand what was happening at this time. It was around 1600 BC and mankind was just beginning to write things down. The Tanahk was not sacred writing. It was mans attempt to record and interpret events and thoughts which were important to him. It's also a wide misconception that this work was written by Moses. In fact Moses may have help to coalesc this work but the Tanahk is a loose collection of poems, songs, tales, fables, myths, etc. Each religious hierarchy later interpreted these works as handed down from God, Mohammed, Moses, etc - shaped the writings for their own human purpose imposed them on their various peoples

So what's the point - Muslims, Christains and Jews are welcome to fight about whatever they want but not one of these religions can claim to be more valid than the next and each uses religion to gin up their base for purely human purposes.

There's nothing even slighly "Godlike" or worthy or a higher being in the leadership of any of these three religious groups. They are just different methods of controlling the masses for people who beleive there's a higher authority than mans laws.

Personally - I am my own authority. I adhere to the thinking that I will do my own thing based on what I know to be right or wrong based on my needs at the time. I will try not to inhibit others ability to do the same. Screw the religions of the world and screw the governments of the world - may they all burn in the fire of their own making.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
So what's the point - Muslims, Christains and Jews are welcome to fight about whatever they want but not one of these religions can claim to be more valid than the next and each uses religion to gin up their base for purely human purposes.

Christianity is superior because of the new testament and teachings of Jesus Christ. Those teachings are the highest ideal and system of behavior ever invented by man. Criticizing Christianity for being hateful is like criticizing America for being oppressive and anti-freedom. In each case it's really the fault of the people doing things completely wrong, and ignoring or being ignorant of the text of the great document which is supposed to guide them. Blaming the document or the teaching is ludicrous fallacy.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

No religion is superior to another because they're all bunk - fairy tales. That's the point. The New Testament is the "Life and Times of JC" as edited and enhanced by men - Christian Leaders - who stood to benefit from making him a deity. He validated their beliefs and teachings.

Again you have to understand what was happening then. The Church WAS the government - the ruling power. If you were branded a heretic you got killed.

Read your religious history and you'll find that the council of Nicea was held to determine what to leave in and what to omit from the bible. The shaped it to their needs and then came up with a prayer to ensure everyone worshipped according to the same story / version.

That prayer is called the "Nicean or Apostles Creed" or "The profession of faith" and is still a part of most Christian services today.

Back then if you didn't say it - you were killed. The prayer establishes all the key point which you blindly believe as fact. They are all just mans need to validate a religion designed to control people for a few greedy bastards. Islam and Judaism are exactly the same way.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
No religion is superior to another because they're all bunk - fairy tales.

So human morality and ethics are a fairy tale?

Where's YOUR introspective document which is not based on god? Oh, you don't have one. You have no alternative to Christianity, you want to replace it with a vacuum. You just spread hatred and bitterness everywhere you go, you cannot comprehend things like morality and ethics nor have you any clue about the positive teachings of Jesus Christ.

Talking to atheists is the fastest way to dismiss atheism as a way of life.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There are some interesting similarities in the list of ongoing wars. The good old USA pops up a lot too..

Hmmmmm...

Is the USA acting as the right arm of another middle eastern country we all know and love?

I also wonder why the US Government doesn't seem to help it's own citizens but is willing to put you into poverty so the bank shareholders can still afford their private jets.

Perhaps there looking after someone else's interests.

Does anyone know the citizenship of the major bank shareholders in this world?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEyeofTruth

America knows that its going to collapse very quickly and very soon. So they're going to help out the next potential ruling country of the world before that happens. Gotta get a foot in that door and do some butt kissing!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is stupid and hate thread.

You could remove that "one" incident and say All world conflicts are made my muslims. Sicko.

You know Israel attack muslims for over 6 decades? You know USA attack muslims for at least 3 decades? You know EU is helping USA and Israel in attacking muslims?

Looks like all white race is against muslims. Do you see China attack muslims, and muslims attack China? No? Wonder why. You see India attack muslims and muslims attack India? No? Weird pattern.

So, your thread leads nowhere, you hate muslims, and i would bet that you are American or Israelian.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

On the contrary, I think Jesus was a model for how to live ones life. I think he would probably agree with me that man has corrupted religion for his own benefit. I believe in a higher being, I believe in living a moral life and benevolence to my fellow man - but because it's the right thing to do. Not because some religion told me to do it. I'm not an atheist or an antichrist. I'm anti-religion. Every and I mean EVERY institution created by man will eventually become inherantly corrupted to serve the whims, ego, vanity and indulgences of man.

Remember, even back then at the age of 12 when Jesus witnessed and taught the scripture to the Rabbis....they accused him of heresy. Later he had to throw the merchants out of the temple for turning it into a market.

I think he'd be on my side on this one.

We have come to worship our religion more than our beliefs.
We have come to believe in our leaders because they are affiliated with a certain party or religion rather than for how they represent us.

Set yourself free. I'll give you a riddle that might help.

Is it better to believe your a good person OR believe your a good (insert religion here)?
Is it worse to say you don't beleive in God but live a life according to the 10 commandments OR believe in God but hate those who worship Allah / Muhammed / Krishna, etc?

(Incidently the 10 Commandments are from the Code of Hamaribi which Moses studied as a scholar in Egypt. He may have come down the mountain with them as a means of creating civil order with a bunch of unruly Israelites - but neither he nor God created them.)

Moses was the first cultural anthropologist.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Wow , when you lok at it like that . Although i already am not liking this Islamist religion born from alien encounters in the desert by a bandit tribeman .

Take a look a past history to see what conflicts were the Muslim invaders .

If american was truely fighting an anti islamic war I would support that , but alas the plot is way thicker than that

I actually dont have anything against sects like spiritual muslims such as the Sufis . They are more inline with what a religion in the name of GOD should be

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

I totally agree. People (dumbdumbs) forget that Islam PERSISTS in THE CURRENT TODAY and IN THE FUTURE unless it is stopped.

If the Christians, Catholics etc did that stuff as well TODAY.. I would tell the same story "annihilate them all".

It is like watching a car crash in slow-mo. I can see it now the accepting anti-gun dumbdumbs waddling around while heads are rolling and the infidel cleansing is going down.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ferumbra

If you can’t accept different opinions and voice a rational argument, then you shouldn’t be on ATS or posting on my thread for that matter.

I’m not Israeli or American, and I’m merely stating the facts about Islam and the extreme religious bigots who are twisting the religion, treating their own people like animals and bringing world war three to our door step.

Enjoy your day

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

your obviously biased in your information. What about in Columbia aginst FARC? or Philippines against the new peoples army? or how about the naxalites in india or all the christian militants in north-east india? or how about the ethnic insurgents in burma? did you forget the thailand-cambodian border conflict? I guess the nationalist kurd conflict in 3 different countries also slipped your mind.. LRA in central africa too.. cant forget them oh no. cant forget those rebels in central africa or the ivory coast either. havent you heard!?! the shining path are active in peru again as well..

therefore the opening OP to me is full of # and racist.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I think its time the moderate muslim voices if there are any, start acting before its too late.

This would be well appreciated. Only from the inside can you get your freedom.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think it's a slippery slope saying that this is the fault of the Muslim religion, things like this arise whenever people allow their logic to be overuled by religious doctrine, just take a look at history. Christianity got over this hump centuries ago(think of the Inquisitions and Crusades), but let's also remember that Islam is a younger religion than Christianity. The problem is not with Islam(or Christianity, or Judaism, or any of those other stupid thought posions) per se, it's with people who can't think and fall into these traps.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

in fact, lets have a look at your list shall we..
1. afghanistan, the only one i would agree with you on.

Bosnia Serbian Orthodox Christians, Roman Catholic, Muslims -
This conflict ended in the 90's and had very little to do with islamic extremism. did mujahideen fight in bosnia? yes they did. Did they make up a majority of the muslim forces fighting in Bosnia? not even close, the real radicals in the bosnian conflict were christian serb forces who massacred thousands upon thousands of innocent muslims. (not that muslims didnt commit atrocities either) im simply stating the BS in your OP

Cote d'Ivoire Muslims, Indigenous, Christians
- are you serious??? The civil war in the ivory coast had nothing to do with religion. If that were the case, then the ivory coast would be under some whacked out extrmist muslim goverment right now cause the muslim north won right? so are they? no..

Cyprus Christians & Muslims
- this conflict has been dead for decades.. and again has nothing to do with religion but more to do with nationalism and the ancient feud between greece and turkey

East Timor Christians & Muslims
- another conflict that has been null and void for years..

Indonesia, province of Ambon Christians & Muslims
- this isn't even an ongoing armed conflict.

Kashmir Hindus and Muslims
- once again, if you knew anything about the subject manner you would know that kashmir is a nationalist struggle. yes, muslim extremists have come out of the struggle but if kashmir got their independence today, it'd be a secular national govt.

Kosovo Serbian Orthodox Christians, Muslims
- kosovo is again, not a conflict that is currently going as stated in your OP. and again, serb forces were just as extreme as kosovar forces.

Kurdistan Christians, Muslims Assaults on Christians (Protestant, Chaldean Catholic & Assyrian Orthodox). Bombing campaign underway.
- i'd love to know where this piece of information came from. The Kurds are the most competent people in Iraq. no doubt AQI/ISI include some kurds but not in any substantial amount. cite where u got this info, otherwise its BS..

Macedonia Macedonian Orthodox Christians & Muslims
- are you making wars up now? im gonna assume you mean the low level insurgency that occured 10 years ago!! and by the way the name of that muslim group, the albanian national liberation army... hardly muslim extremists...

Middle East Jews, Muslims
- im guessing your talking about israel and the palestinians here? Once again i will note that while muslim extremists have attached themselves to this struggle, if palestine were to become a country today, its govt would be secular.

Nigeria Christians, Animists, & Muslims
- im assuming you mean the conflict between Boko Harram and the govt. This is a relatively recent conflict that has emerged from years of secular clashes between both armed christian and muslim gangs. what you left out here is the delta conflict in the south between christians and christians..

Pakistan Suni & Shi'ite Muslims
- this is a centuries old conflict between two sects.. if your gonna cite this, you may as well cite the reformation conflicts or the 2nd english civil war (protestants and catholics)

Philippines Christians & Muslims
- i'll say it again, the bangsamoro people have been fighting the philippino govt for decades.. they are fighting for a secular state. extremists have attached themselves (abu sayyaf) to the struggle but if the bangsamoro people gained their independence today, their govt would be secular.

Russia, Chechnya Russian Orthodox Christians, Muslims. The Russian army attacked the breakaway region. Muslims had allegedly blown up buildings in Moscow. Many atrocities have been alleged.
- this statement here proves you have no idea what your talking about. the original conflict was secular. an independent republic of chechnya fought and kicked yeltsin and putins ass and won their freedom. the conflict has sense degraded to low level insurgency because the russians invaded a 2nd time and defeated the chechens.. it has however spread throughout the muslim north caucasus. there was a recent leadership struggle in which the pro-jihadi and pro-nationalist factions of the emirate struggled for control. it wasnt an armed conflict but a misunderstanding of sorts. this proves that their still is a nationalist struggle for an independent chechnya. both sides have committed atrocities but let me ask you this, who would u choose to fight with the big guy or the small guy? also, i have a friend who fought in chechnya with the chechens.. he told me a story one time, now i'll tell you.. one day they were coming upon a village that had been burned out and attacked by the russians.. lying in the street was the half naked body of a girl no more than a teenager whose skirt was hiked up and her legs spread. On closer examination they saw a most brutal sight.. she had a wooden stake rammed up her vagina, a most brutal message to chechens not to procreate. in essence, ethnic cleansing.. so i ask you, who are the extremists?

Serbia, province of Vojvodina Serbian Orthodox & Roman Catholics, Muslims
- ok now i know ur makin # up, there are only 8,000 muslims in Vojvodina, less than 1%

Sri Lanka Buddhists & Hindus Tamils, Muslims
- the sri lankan civil war, for the hundredth time, was a nationalist struggle.

Additional conflicts

Thailand: Pattani province: Buddists and Muslims
- again, this is a nationalist struggle that involves muslims. an oppressed minorty in Thailand. Nor has there been any proven links between them and any int'l terrorist organization

Bangladesh: Muslim-Hindu (Bengalis) and Buddists (Chakmas)
- and again this is ethinc violence between armed groups of thugs, not armed with guns mind you but sticks rocks and knives at best. NOT an actual conflict in the world

Tajikistan: intra-Islamic conflict
- tajikistan for decades was oppressed by a communist dictatorship (even tho they werent actually real communists) and not allowed to practice their religion, following the end of the ciivl war there, islam was re-born. islam is booming there, naturally there are going to extremists there. so i can agree with you slightly as there is a low level insurgency taking place there. i say this even tho extremist forces have been scattered to the winds and their leaders are dead.

So you say 21 out of 22 conflicts in the world.. i say 2 out of your list, a list that is incomplete. So i ask why would you put something so ignorant on here? you have an obvious agenda as you cite religions in every example yet you cite no sources for any of them. Nor did you cite all the examples of muslim extremists fighting in the world for instance in Yemen and North Africa and Somalia.. so seriously, whats your beef dude?
edit on 21-7-2011 by TheCoffinman because: spelling error

edit on 21-7-2011 by TheCoffinman because: error

edit on 21-7-2011 by TheCoffinman because: error

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

but islam means peace!!!

you must be a racist xenophobe!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am not an American but religion is NOT the reason they attacked Afghanistan or Iraq or any other war. Sure it may be a messed up security intelligence, paranoid, oil hungry, money making corrupt, (insert any other reason) but not to impose a faith.

Yet in Afghanistan, the Taliban used force to spread a disgusting and degrading form of Islam on a country which couldnt defend itself. The coalition is trying to prop up a fair system to help a country move forwards.

Democracy has a problem where unlike, for example, the UK, you choose Labour, Conservative, Green etc.and all they affect is tax, spending, jobs, the law and way of life is pretty much status quo. But in Iraq you choose Muslim, Sunni Muslim, Christian, etc and then are forced or choose to live under that religion and the difference between them could be an insult to the way you live.

Perhaps you cant impose Democracy on a country which operates on Religious Ideals because there will be a significant loss, in the UK or USA, if you vote the wrong party, you wont all of a sudden be seen as ethnically or religiously outcast and treated different, you just might be poorer for 4 years until the next bloke comes in.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This thread makes me scared. I would have to agree though... that muslims are scary mofo's, and Iif I was a woman I would run from them! hehe. SHOOT if I was an American (Which I am.) over there...I would run from them!

Why I appreciate the US military..etc. . But I think we should make it more of a U.N. thing for taking controll over there. I Don't want in 20 years for them to have a dirty bomb and come after us for revenge.... Poking at a bees nest ..is exactly what were doing over there...and in my opinion, It's not going to go well for the USA in like 50 years. It should be a U.N. job! Get them off our backs for later!
edit on 21-7-2011 by SurrealEzen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join