It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of The 22 World Conflicts Around The World, 21 are Muslim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Religion is not the root of all wars......greed and power is!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
By no means am I a Muslim apologist, but you can't ignore that Christianity is listed almost as many times as Muslim is. I think religion in general may be the root cause, not one specific faith.

Truer words have not been spoken

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Correction religion, power and greed is reason. The ultimate enemy is always defined by those who precipitate conflict. Thus the muslims and their faith are the enemy of man kind, other religions just fuel the fire. This is why you cannot omit religion as one of the root causes. Also, note that didnt early man only fight over food and probably women and then some bright spark/s introduced *snip* religion!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 21-7-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Doesn't say much about the Abrahamic religions does it?
Which coincidentally is including the Christians and the Jews
The remainder of the worlds conflicts most likely involve them some how.

Religion messed us up more than any single thing that might befall humanity.
I mean besides greed and land grabs.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

excuse me mr.texas
Im not too good at this history stuffs. Please educamate me....was that before or after, Saddam stopped being a friend of the good ole' US of A?

Anyway, how does that answer how Iraq was involved in 9/11... you know, with reference to the point I raised to user BMags?

Explain that first, please/

edit on 21-7-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
14. Philippines Christians & Muslims

you are slightly wrong on this point. it should read:

14.Philippines- communists against everyone else AND Muslims against everyone else

there are two completely separate active terrorist organizations battling it out, trying to take over to remake the Philippines in their own image. the CIA plays as well but rather hard at times to figure out just WHO they are against. saying Muslims against Christians in this way is a rather warped view, as far as i know there are not ``Christians`` in direct conflict with anybody there.

can`t really call the country christian either there are plenty of other strong religions there. Hindus, Buddhists, animists, Muslims, Aglipayans, Protestant and Catholic, Iglesia Filipina Independiente, Iglesia ni Cristo, Jehovah`s witnesses, and even more.

i suspect this type of error may be true in quite a few of them, but then they would not fit the bill of goods you are trying to sell. namely RELIGION is BAD.

on second thought maybe you have a blind eye towards possible friends. communists also seem to also feel that religion is bad. they seem to be lacking in your opening. and i`m sure they are playing all over the place especially in places like Africa as well as the south pacific.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Religion is not the root of all wars......greed and power is!

And nothing is more greedy or powerful than religion. Religion is the oldest and most misguided excuse for a person to go to war.
edit on 21-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
By no means am I a Muslim apologist, but you can't ignore that Christianity is listed almost as many times as Muslim is. I think religion in general may be the root cause, not one specific faith.

I disagree, it should be apparent that the root cause is humans, not one specific ideology.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

It’s not my personal opinion but im actually stating that as a fact, and this thread is part of my argument and evidence.

The only person who is giving his own opinion in one-line statements without a single historical fact or evidence is you.

It’s also funny how you pick and choose what to answer. I answered the second part to your question of the relevance of how Muslims states treat their own people, but it seems you couldn’t answer me back so I take it that you cant argue with my point?

Again it’s very relevant the way Muslim countries treat their own people. Because if they treat their own citizens like animals and garbage we can't expect them to treat other people and cultures any differently.

edit on 21-7-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It can be humans 60% of us are friendly normal fellow loving people who help their fellow brothers and sisters. Its only the mindset thats different which is determined by education, doctrine and experience.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
and in every single item on your list an Israeli false flag can be traced.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Again it’s very relevant the way Muslim countries treat their own people. Because if they treat their own citizens like animals and garbage we can't expect them to treat other people and cultures any differently.

You might want to revise that point slightly. Many of the brutal dictators in the middle east who mistreat their own people are US/Western allies. Let's not forget, it was European colonial powers that carved up the Middle East and North Africa. Some of the most repressive regimes in the region are/were western allies. It was our countries who armed Saddam, armed the Islamic groups in Afghanistan, our governments supported the Egyptian dictatorship, our governments continue to support authoritarian regimes throughout the region. We have a major role in the suffering of the middle east.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It’s not my personal opinion but im actually stating that as a fact, and this thread is part of my argument and evidence.

The only person who is giving his own opinion in one-line statements without a single historical fact or evidence is you.

Without a single historical fact?, you say? Well, thats rich coming from someone who dodges the tough questions that Ive raised. I'll let ATS dudge this matter.
You ran away from that Israel subject after I raised a few tough questions.
Im sure you know what I am talking about, so you are most welcome to participate again. If not, its cool as well.

It’s also funny how you pick and choose what to answer. I answered the second part to your question of the relevance of how Muslims states treat their own people, but it seems you couldn’t answer me back so I take it that you cant argue with my point?

Im sorry, your thread title involved the word "muslim" which has obvious religious implications.
That word is IRRELEVANT when it happens to be a political conflict.
Please get an educated adult to explain this matter to you.

LOL.
Im pretty sure, one can easily walk through an airport in a muslim country without getting their privates groped in the name of "national security".
Talk about governments treating its citizens like garbage and animals.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

edit on 21-7-2011 by UmbraSumus because: -thought better of it -not going to play this game -

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

They engage in Jihad in an effort to spread Islam.

Jihad is a process not a response.

The sooner people realize that the Jihad is real, the better. We can no longer afford to retreat from this civilizational threat to ALL non-muslims across the globe. The Jihad for Planet Earth must stop.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

The fact that the west did business with them has nothing to do with it.

The two most radical and religious driven regimes besides Libya, are Syria and Iran both of which have nothing to do with the west and on the contrary are their enemies.

Look at what’s happening to the Syrian and Iranian citizens who are revolting, they are being treated likes animals. Student activists repeatedly raped in the prison in Iran, 13 years old kids getting their penis cut off after being taken by soldiers at rally’s in Syria.

Sick

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You are not only a racist but also funny.
Here is some more evidence about these amazing countries you talk about.

I said "Look at what’s happening to the Syrian and Iranian citizens who are revolting, they are being treated likes animals. Student activists repeatedly raped in the prison in Iran, 13 years old kids getting their penis cut off after being taken by soldiers at rally’s in Syria."

Now compare these reports below to walking in the airport in the US. Again your premise is childish and pathetic.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 21-7-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
religion is to blame its thr root of all evil!

but muslims imo are the worst

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I didn’t run from the Israel subject, my stance is very clear.

I think the Middle East is a SH*IT hole, and that Israel is surrounded by crazy dictatorships, religious regimes and fanatic terrorists who treat their own people like animals (Syria, Libya, Iran, Egypt just to name a few).

So I excuse Israel for almost anything they do because I think they represent the only sane voice in that region, and frankly they have no choice but to be harsh and violent dealing with such primitive people.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The most religiously driven regime in the middle east is not Iran it is Saudi Arabia, one of our biggest allies in the region apart from Israel.

The ruling party of Syria is the Baa'th party, which is historically opposed to Islamist ideology and was notorious for clamping down on Islamic movements within their country.

what goes on in the region has alot to do with us for two reasons:

1. Because it was European colonial powers who carved up the middle east and left the place for various kings and autocrats to squabble over.

2. Because we have a history of soliciting the support of dictators and repressive regimes in the region, either for the purpose of procuring oil, during the cold war to counterbalance Soviet influence or in more recent times as a means of imprisoning and stiffling the growth of Islamism. Our influence in the middle east has depended on Tyranny since the independence of the region from the colonial governments.

edit on 21-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join