It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by Gorman91

Sorry but we are way older than 50,000 years

"More than 2,600 sharp-edged flakes, flake fragments, and cores (cobbles from which flakes have been removed), found in the fine-grained sediments of a dry riverbed in the Afar region of Ethiopia, have been dated to between 2.52 and 2.60 million years ago, pushing back by more than 150,000 years the known date at which humans were making stone tools.

Excavated between 1992 and 1994 by Rutgers University paleoanthropologists Sileshi Semaw and John W.K. Harris at three sites along the Gona River, the artifacts are similar in type to the 1.8-million-year-old tools found by Mary Leakey at Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania, in the 1960s. Known as Oldowan, the tool type has been found at other East African sites: Omo in southern Ethiopia, Lokalalei in northern Kenya, and Hadar, five miles east of the Gona River study area. Until now the oldest known examples were dated to 2.3 to 2.4 million years ago. "

And this is what "they" are telling us.

who knows.....

www.archaeology.org...

Taken in context, when Archaeologists use the word "human," they are talking about any species of the genus Homo.

As in, Homo Erectus.

Harte

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have to agree that the genus homo is much older than we are taught. Other people here have already given articles that prove that our use of tools is thousands of years older then thought. It makes you wonder if we really are going through what I call extinction cycles - where we essentially are wiped out, but those that are left are left with nothing and have to start over. There would be evidence of early homo's existence, but the dating would be all off - who knows if we are actually the first to advance? Something we'll never be able to prove as I'm sure everyone wouldn't believe it or accept it. Let alone the fact that they may not have used the same technologies we do to get the same results.

Evidence is shown in language and ancient scripts that not only were they more advanced then us, but that our current belief of "out-of-Africa" is incorrect. See: www.charlottesegypt.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Got nothing to do with nothing probably, but (modern) plywood was invented by the father of Alfred Nobel (Nobel Prize, inventor of Dynamite)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
hey, what about them spears they found recently?

there was a thread about them a while back.

we have an "unbroken written timeline" give or take what, 3-4000yrs?

neanderthal was around for 200k yrs? who knows what they accomplished.

homo sap sap 150k?

all of a sudden we explode into the tech age in 200yrs?

70yrs from the wright bros to the moon.

hell we were messing with radioactive stuff for 150yrs!

it could be that we implode every 20k yrs. that would be about 6-7 climbs back to the top.

the myths and legends of the past, beyond proof or disproof, i think, goes beyond primitive peoples trying to explain their natural world.

sodom and gemmorah sounds a little too specific to be a random target of space rocks.

don't forget these people have been looking up forever.

no stranger to the heavens. meteors, comets, etc etc.

eta; read some carl jung.

edit on 23-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
While it is fun to speculate at there have been wars in the past with flying vehicles and nuclear weapons, the documents that talk about it are actually recent documents, not originals from the time that it was supposed to have happened. Some people will argue that the original texts were of that era, and the ones circulating are just mere copies of the older texts.

There is talk of the radiation being proof of the nuclear weapons, however there are many natural occurring things that produce radiation as well, so it would be hard to accept that as proof. With these wars one would expect to find pieces of the supposed air craft littering the desserts, however as far as I know there have been no such finds brought to life. It is possible things were found that archaeologist were not able to figure out and they were shelved somewhere, but that would be speculation at best.

I personally would love for all of this to be true, it would prove so many of my hypothesizes, but with no real solid evidence for it, it is just good speculation at best.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
While it is fun to speculate at there have been wars in the past with flying vehicles and nuclear weapons, the documents that talk about it are actually recent documents, not originals from the time that it was supposed to have happened. Some people will argue that the original texts were of that era, and the ones circulating are just mere copies of the older texts.

Sorry but I have to totally disagree here....ancient civilisations & technologies are a bit of a passion of mine and there are numerous ancient sources that speak of technologies that we have only 'discovered' in the last 50 years. With everything that I have read/researched and re-read I'm convinced that we have had incredibly destructive wars in our ancient past. I was very sceptical when I first started looking into this many years ago but always with an open mind. The evidence is nothing short of astounding........if you are interested I would suggest you look again.....

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razor7

Originally posted by AlienCarnage

Sorry but I have to totally disagree here....ancient civilisations & technologies are a bit of a passion of mine and there are numerous ancient sources that speak of technologies that we have only 'discovered' in the last 50 years. With everything that I have read/researched and re-read I'm convinced that we have had incredibly destructive wars in our ancient past. I was very sceptical when I first started looking into this many years ago but always with an open mind. The evidence is nothing short of astounding........if you are interested I would suggest you look again.....

True there are some technologies from the past that are just now being rediscovered such as automatic opening doors and even vending machines, however these were used for completely different purposes, than what we use them for today. They also did not operate on electricity but ingenious mechanics.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have always believed the human race is on a cycle, constantly making the same mistakes over & over & over again, or maybe the race that was here before where killed off by another being (similar to what occurs in Mass Effect for example). I mean, nuclear reactor 2 billion years old? That's to hard to even imagine, all that time ago, all them years, we where possibly in the exact same position we are in now? Heading for the exact same fate? Maybe this what 2012 is all about, maybe it's the end? or the beginning of the end? Maybe I was here, 2 billions ago, typing this exact post? Which then supports the theory of a parallel universe.

So many questions that'll most likely never get answered but I do believe this to be true, I think we are on one great cycle, hopefully this time the human race can figure out where to not go wrong to not repeat this.

...from where I am standing though, if it is true, we are definitely heading in the same direction as 'those who came before us'.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TellEmRye

I like how you say "those that came before us". If it is true that we are going through cycles, then we have to admit that we aren't learning anything. I'd have to say that if anything we are getting dumber about it all, but of course who can say that for sure?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can buy into this.

Its like Battlestar Galactica

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
typical RC Church..

taking the Vedic nuclear holocaust of Ar-Maghada...

romanizing it (like Krisna into Kristos) conveniently into its own "Armageddon" for modern day Bible stories

same old, same old.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b999bbea8d65.jpg[/atsimg]

"Is man on the threshold of a new world or merely stuck on a circular treadmill repeating the doomed lessons from history which he never seems to learn? A growing number of scholars believe the world’s macabre fascination with nuclear war is just the latest repeat in a series of blunders human technology seems obsessed with repeating."

Ancient tales speak of flying machines and great wars fought in the sky. They speak of great weapons and explosions

"a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendor… a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds…"

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours All foodstuffs were infected…"

The article mentions ancient corpses found in India with extremely high radiation levels.

It also mentions how in ancient India there were words describing length...from a light year to the width of an atom...

" The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators’ gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years"

Thoughts?....might we learn this lesson again not through war, but through meltdowns ?

awesome read!

modern history tells us virtually all major technological advances humankind has ever seen - city water, electricity, toilets, aircraft, etc - happened only in the past 200 years - roughly the age of modern america, quite conveniently.

imagine millenia of hundreds of generations all before us, but only us have these modern conveniences like toilet paper and cell phones! aren't we so arrogant? they'll also tell u the first time humanity ever split an atom bomb was in 1945 and.. but... well its creator Oppenheimer just so happened to quote what? a verse 'I am become death, destroyer of worlds' from chapter 11 in the Bhagavad Gita, spoken by Vishnu (the Destroyer), and when asked how he felt about having exploded the first atomic bomb on earth, Oppenheimer's replied "not first atomic bomb, but first atomic bomb in modern times".

modern times!!

so what about hidden, forgotten times? very little is understandably left going so far back as the mahabarata world war (5k yrs ago) or even ramayana world war (10k yrs ago). when you get into discussion of so many thousands of years ago, people will likely derail arguments by arguing not y thousand years ago, x thousand years ago, no z thousand years ago with a focus on (not) being able to pinpoint how many thousand thus somehow debunking it altogether, rather than realizing all the evidence available (albeit not alot) still points to it happening thousands of years ago regardless of when exactly!

so where is the evidence proof positive? well suppose nuclear war happened before and things got so bad - with multiple countries having some 10,000 nuclear warheads each like even today they do - and the aftermath is likely to be only a handful of human survivors just trying to survive and rebuild than become historians and document everything to the t and carve it into the flesh of each generation so they never forget, and still yet some may just dismiss it as fables.

obviously humanity HAS forgotten, cause we are right back to the same old. perpetual cold war, that could turn nuclear again at any point; yesteryear it was japan; tomorrow it could be just iran, or it could be all over the world, including us nuking ourselves for reason, or no good reason, too. its just a button somebody (or stuxnet or ai or a glitch) presses, afterall.

then again, we can just tell ourself that the first atom ever split on earth was in 1945 - first as a test and later to extermininate a couple hundred civilians not even a month later in the same year. and just dismiss Oppenheimer clarifying it being the first only in MODERN times altogether, ignorantly. oh, and that ar-magadha from the Vedic texts just happens to sound like Armageddon (Har-Megiddo) prophecied as a location 'East of the plains of jezrael' of end-times war in Revelation 16:16.

will we ever learn, though? the truth is out there; just never a straight answer..

edit on 1-7-2019 by tulsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiggerPicture
typical RC Church..

romanizing it (like Krisna into Kristos) conveniently into its own "Armageddon" for modern day Bible stories

same old, same old.

There was no nuclear holocaust of Magadha.

There's all kinds of written history for the place - put down by Buddhist monks.

Buddhists.

Maybe you realize what that means.

There's no evidence whatsoever for any ancient nuclear technology of any kind.

Harte

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: BiggerPicture
typical RC Church..

same old, same old.

There was no nuclear holocaust of Magadha.

There's all kinds of written history for the place - put down by Buddhist monks.

Buddhists.

Maybe you realize what that means.

There's no evidence whatsoever for any ancient nuclear technology of any kind.

Harte

Howdy Mr. Harte is it not remarkable how this modern fable just won't die?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Another Necro-Thread!

Wow...lots of these coming to the surface lately.

Fun to read through though.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Another Necro-Thread!

Wow...lots of these coming to the surface lately.

Fun to read through though.

Yep golden humor.

We seem to have necromancers about - however this should be expected as there are just so many fringe subjects to touch on - no point in constantly renewing the same subjects when they have been done multiple times before.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

"Is man on the threshold of a new world or merely stuck on a circular treadmill repeating the doomed lessons from history which he never seems to learn? A growing number of scholars believe the world’s macabre fascination with nuclear war is just the latest repeat in a series of blunders human technology seems obsessed with repeating."

This "Technology" you describe did not belong to "Modern Man", it was exclusively owned and operated by the "gods" and "demigods". As the song goes...…. We, didnt start the fire!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

I read an interesting article about economy called the "Malthusian curve" which is a graph of economic development which flat lines until about 1750, then it goes into a hockey stick rise on the graph. When the graph gets analysed, to find the reason for the rise, it seems it coincides with the invention of the first true metal lathe, which could turn metal to high degrees of precision. From then on enough people were freed from basic chores to manufacture the machines which freed others from basic chores which led to vast increases in production, and thus population and wealth.

So the industrial revolution gets started, and now ends , in what some call the "Post Industrial age" ,where at the moment, the economic hockey stick starts to flat line again, where no new inventions seem to have any effect on the economic wellbeing of the populations. The Baltic dry index has slowed, the share market is artificially being propped up, and Precious metal prices are being controlled to make the fiat look good. This could well be the way of all complex societies, which then collapse back into the normal flat line economic state of equilibrium for various reasons. Human nature hasn't changed because of a plethora of supermarkets. The so called greatest states on the planet spend massive amounts on arms, which at some point have to be used to collect the revenue back that was spent in creating them.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join